Mentor and Master Ninja Tactic

Evo Kazz

I am on chapter 5 of mentor, and have got my friend to follow this on his master ninja run, and he has made it to chapter 7, when before he could not get past chapter 3 lol.

There are many brilliant NG2 players out there, this game is hardcore, and for those of us who struggle to get by, this is probably the best way to 1000/1000 the game, experts will probably laugh at the farming, but for people struggling, follow this and see if it helps you, it has me, and I hope it will take me to 1000 GS on this awesome game.

Farming essence easy spots

======================

Chapter 1:

Near the big stairs, clear top tier, drop down with Lunar equipped, UT enemies, and then flying swallow rocket Ninja, repeat. Save point is just ahead. Flying swallow with sword helps generate blue essence.

Chapter 6:

After Bone Boss, enter caves, clear out skeletal bugs, exit cave where you entered and re-enter, repeat process, save regularly, Save point is in front of cave so after saving you will need to backtrack through the cave and start over, but saving is important as these little guys can be nasty, always keep health above half if you can, use Lunar UT.

Chapter 9:

Jellyfish exploit, Use the gatling guns auto aim and simply hit B, occasionally stopping to absorb the essence, repeat. (Can watch TV or a movie whilst doing, only thing that needs attention is B button)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 1 recommended upgrades:

===============================

Don't continue until you have the following at least:

Max Dragon Sword (Lvl 3)

Max Lunar Staff (Lvl 3)

1 x Talisman Of Rebirth

3 x Grains

3 x Bigger Grains

3 x Mushrooms

670,000 Essence (600,000 to take you Chapter 7 start and 70,000 for the Scythe on Chapter 6)

Note - Farming 670,000 takes awhile, you can usually generate 150,000 per hour, sometimes more. It all depends on your UT on the enemies, get the staff to Lvl 3 asap, and then try to UT 3 or 4 Ninjas at a time for bigger essence bonuses. Also note you will need around 222,000 to Level up sword and max items to take on your Journey, you will be Farming around 892,000 on Chapter 1, which with a little skill and rythm, will take you about 6 - 8 Hours.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Recommended ammounts of essence:

==================================

Chapter 1 = 670,000 (50,000 to complete)

Chapter 2 = 100,000

Chapter 3 = 100,000

Chapter 4 = 150,000

Chapter 5 = 100,000

Chapter 6 = 170,000 (Farm an additional 420,000 - about 3 - 4 hours)

Chapter 7 = 150,000

Chapter 8 = 150,000

Chapter 9 = 120,000 (Farm an additional 650,000 - about 5 - 6 hours)

Chapter 10 = 150,000

Chapter 11 = 150,000

Chapter 12 = 150,000

Chapter 13 = 100,000

Chapter 14 = 100,000

These essence ammounts are for those people that need to constantly heal between battles, this is presuming your really struggling to complete Mentor and Master. You may find you complete a Chapter without using much Essence, if this is the case deduct your remaining ammount from the ammount listed above on the next chapter, this will save farming more than you need. Your biggest cost is Talismens, and this is aimed that you take a Talisman into every Mini Boss and Boss battle. Hence the big essence numbers.

Save Regularly, and exploit the run and save glitch like crazy, you do NOT need to attack enemies for essence, forget them if you can spawn them, then return to previous save and save them out of the Chapter, do so, this also provides you with clear ground to explore, open chests etc.

Save Life Of 1000 Gods for Boss Battles.

Max Out the Scythe asap to level 3 and learn to use it, it rips enemies to pieces. Also Max out Inferno and Void ASAP, very important.

Dont waste essence on Arrows, they are always around on corpses

If you dont want to deduct essence from overall (if you have a good run) then spend the extra on Life of The Gods and Ki upgrades.

In worst case scenario it will take you around 22 - 24 Hours to complete the game, presuming you dont get stuck to much, sounds like ages, but its not that bad, and you Will finish it this way, eventually.

My first playthrough on acolyte took 19 hours, because I explored everything and killed everyone, 24 isn't to bad. More skilled players can easily do it in 12 - 16 hours.

Edited by Evo Kazz

Those are all quality tips my friend; I am also one that is having a tough time crawling through Mentor. I’ve begun my memory repetition of enemy boss movements, as I’ve tried to study as many Ninja Cinema boss fights posted on the leader boards. Problem I’m having is that each time I stop my quest for harvesting I’m having a tough time staying alive long enough to make it worth while. Especially in Chapter 1 (the drop down fight with a small pack of Ninja and one rocket Ninja) and in Chapter 2 (the fiery rooftop fight against 3 IS Ninja with the ledge pull-up) what I didn’t realize before your post was to keep in mind the save points before things get out of hand, I was mearly trying to slaughter wave after wave with using one bar of health, any other suggestions as to keeping alive during farming? Chapter 9 would obviously be the easiest as you could change your video feed to something else and continually beat on the B button. Great Post for the record!

To be honest mate I had a hell of a time farming in chapter one, I read the guides and dove right in, thinking it would be easy, the thing is.....it is easy, but not as straight forward as guides say, you cant simply drop down and fight away, as the rocket guy will drain your health within 2 or 3 farms, the trick is to flying swallow him the instant you come round the slight corner to face him.

Also as you are playing the game, drop down the ledge thats directly facing the steps, and be prepared for rocket man behind you, its easier this way trust me. Drop down with Lunar Staff and UT the first few baddies, then switch you sword for the rest, always flying swallow, then flying swallow rocket man last, always keeping away from his line of fire. Save after every 10,000

Chapter 6 farming is easier, just UT with Lunar the first 2 waves of Skeletal asshole bugs, then run back and repeat, if your low on health then go back to the store and top up, it wont matter much as you will gain your essence back in no time, always stay above half health, and save after every 20,000

Chapter 9 speaks for itself, I have only farmed here on Warrior, but would suggest saving after every 40,000 or so.

Can you be more specific on where to farm in chapter one? I didnt farm at all on mentor, and there were rocket guys, but on Master there are no rocket guys in chapter 1. maybe because i don't have all skulls? I can farm 2 guys at a time right after the first life of the gods near a skull.

i would like to give some tips as well.

chapter 3; the blind ogre guy it is possible to not get hit even once. just stay behind his legs and hit him (preferably lunars XXy combo). whenever he does the ground smash, block, quickly reverse wind and attack. simple as that.

also, after beating him it is possible to use the regenerating xbox and regain health for the rest of the level.

chapter 5-water dragon. it isn't smart to go underwater and spam Y attacks on him, just make sure you have 30 arrows and dual charge them, aim at head and poof dead. staying at one side of the starting platform during the beginning of the battle, and whenever he does the roar and water laser, wait for roar then .2 seconds jump to the opposite side.

only other attacks can hit you possibly are the flying needles but they can be dodged easily. blocking gives you some damage. IT is possible to perfect this fight, but i used one grains.

Just to confirm something very important, when farming on chapter 6, I mean literally save then re-farm, DO NOT GO TO THE STORE, I thought it would be a good way to heal (although skeletons drop blue essence regularly) but its NOT, if you trigger the Volf custscene, the hole will seal up and thats your farming over with.

My friend is on Chapter 13 on Master Ninja now, says he isnt struggling much, only with boredom of farming, thats hardest thing, I am still farming on chapter 6, I have 200,000 essence, and am gonna get another 220,000 or so, as I need to max the Scythe after Volf is down.

If you load up some MP3 in the dashboard and sit back farming can be pretty relaxing lol, although dont try classical music, it dont go with the game at all LOL.

Can you be more specific on where to farm in chapter one? I didnt farm at all on mentor, and there were rocket guys, but on Master there are no rocket guys in chapter 1. maybe because i don't have all skulls? I can farm 2 guys at a time right after the first life of the gods near a skull.

reposting..

Sorry wolf I forgot to post lol, here check out this video it may help you somewhat m8.

[ame=http://youtube.com/watch?v=yJvXloNjQwE&feature=related]YouTube - Ninja Gaiden 2, Essence Farming in Chapter 1[/ame]

Judging by my Mentor run, the essence ammounts I put are a little extreme, you wont need that much if your decent at the game, but on Master Ninja they seem like the right ammounts for people who arent brilliant at it like myself lol.

Edited by Evo Kazz

Sorry wolf I forgot to post lol, here check out this video it may help you somewhat m8.

Judging by my Mentor run, the essence ammounts I put are a little extreme, you wont need that much if your decent at the game, but on Master Ninja they seem like the right ammounts for people who arent brilliant at it like myself lol.

Do not use that section to farm on MN it will be way to hard instead use the two ninjas that respawn on the bridge with the IS arrow shooting ninjas. Just use the save down in the well and after collecting 5000-10000 essence re-save. Oh and the section I am talking about is actually right before the farm in that video. It takes longer but is so easy and you can get around 800-1000 ideally if you UT the first ninja who rounds the corner, remove a limb from the second ninja, and UT him.

The main use for the above farm is because the user can switch stream/video/channel and come away from the game, and watch a movie or something, while sitting there just keep pressing B, after the movie, check your essence ammount if need be then continue, once your loaded, then save.

There is one problem with this:

You cannot save whilst farming, if you do, the jellyfish vanish and dont come back, not sure why, but happened to me twice now, also should your Box freeze up or you get a powercut you lost your farming.

If anyone can figure out how to save whilst farming on chapter 9 let me know (using jellyfish)

Hey, what's going on Evokazz :)

I finished Mentor last night. At the last save point and with max items, I had ~320k essence. I didn't farm any, the only place I used a Talisman of Rebirth was at the crazy Rasetsu/IS Ninja fight in Ch11. Also, save your Ninpo increasing items for this fight!!! I went ahead and just spent all the rest of my essence on upgrading weapons.

I'm by no means great at this game, but I think I did pretty good. IS Ninjas are by far the only thing I really have trouble with, and in Ch 11 they are extremely plentiful, so let me give a few tips:

The beginning of the level is by far the worst. White archers, upgraded ninjas and IS Ninjas. My suggestion is to just run, jump off the stairs, and if you can make it to the archer towers, you're good. Flip to the top, kill the two archers, and then wait for the rest of the enemies to jump up. For some reason, they can't hit you with projectiles AND they only come up one at a time! After the first legion is done, run back and save. You can keep using the towers, just run back and get to the top again.

Also, there are many parts where you can exploit the Save and make disappear glitch. When you're at a good point, you can inch forward til you make the enemies spawn, then quickly run back and save, before it becomes inactive. Then just die and continue, and poof! No more enemies.

At the part with all the grass (the second one), I ran all the way to the end, and killed the ninjas til it triggered the muramasa scene.

For the very end of the level, with the dogs and archers, I just ran til the cutscene with Genshin triggered.

For Chapter 12, you can skip every regular fight in the level. At the start, just run til you get to the Armadillos. After you kill them, go back down the hill towards the beginning and save. Then you can make a mad dash to Zedonius, without taking any damage! You can also run past the spiders in the forest area.

There are lots of places you can exploit like this, just play smart. For example with any door that closes after you move a distance away, you can still UT Level 2 with the Scythe, and kill the enemies through the door!

One last thing, is that if you can afford it, save your LotG and LotTG. I didn't use a single one til the final set of battles. If you can have them all, plus all of your healing items, you can have a total of about 15-16 healing items for the final set of battles. I used 2 on Dagra Dai, I didn't take a single bit of damage against Archfiend #1 (hint: don't aim, let auto aim hit him), and used all of my regular healing items, except Muramasa's against his second form. Being able to be reckless in the final fights was very nice.

One part that maybe someone could give me better advice on, would be the final pit of dragon fish before you fight Genshin/Elizabet. I could not find a quick way to kill them. I just dropped in the water and shot with my gun til they got close, then jumped out and spammed Y and it would eventually kill them. It took forever to do this, though....

Now it's time for Master Ninja.

Yeah I used many of those tips on MN,especially to avoid fighting IS ninjas. For the part in the bloody lake with giant red fishes,I just attract them to the edge and charge UT lvl2 with the scythe and release it wenn they jump off the water,then finish them off with a thousands of Y. It took me 12 minutes to totally clear the lake and get a lot of yellow essence. On MN,if you get caught once in the water, there is no escape and you will certainly die.

The main use for the above farm is because the user can switch stream/video/channel and come away from the game, and watch a movie or something, while sitting there just keep pressing B, after the movie, check your essence ammount if need be then continue, once your loaded, then save.

You cannot save whilst farming, if you do, the jellyfish vanish and dont come back, not sure why, but happened to me twice now, also should your Box freeze up or you get a powercut you lost your farming.

If anyone can figure out how to save whilst farming on chapter 9 let me know (using jellyfish)

Oh, hey man I was just talkin about that one part in chapter one. I am definitely going to use your farm strats in 6 and 9, thanks for all the tips dude.

That's strange... maybe it has something to do with the recent update cause I was able to save about 100k into my farming on stage 9 and was able to go back and farm some more. This was on Master.

Doh that video is no longer available, i missed it. I was farming at the spot link was talking about with 2 guys but it takes FOREVER 2hours 45min so far on master ninja and only 137k essence. I thought level 11 was one of the easiest ones on mentor, so long as you just accept that you will use a talisman on the damn spider guys. Stair part is easy as hell if you have upgraded level 3 wind blades.. You can kill 35 guys at once with it.

The chapter 11 epic battle I am yet to try on Master Ninja and Mentor, but from everything I have read online, it sounds easier just to manouver the spiders into a line and Void them, they say 2 voids wipes them out, putting it into practice may be differant though?

Im gonna rush the game today from Chapter 6 on mentor and go through to 9 (I did it yesterday but screwed my game up lol)

Once at 9 I will duplicate the save game and try the jellyfish thing out again WITH saving and see what happens. Maybe I didnt walk far away enough to re trigger them all after the save?

Farming on Chapter 6 seems to best and fastest way IMO, a trick to really stack that essence up is this:

Run into the cave.......you will notice 2 spiders on the ceilling, jump up and throw shurikens at them to make them fall down, quickly leave the cave the way you came in, for some reason the spiders get stuck and cant get out the cave, this ALWAYS happens. Enter the cave again and charge a UT, as you throw yourself forward with the Lunar you will attack the spiders fallen from the ceiling, but you will also trigger a new wave of spiders, and basically double your points.

Chapter 9 is useful, but slower, yet it enables you to leave your game so who cares lol.

If you Max out the Lunar Staff and Dragon sword, plus items then take 200,000 from chapter 1, you can easily make it to chapter 6 for the next farm, I farmed a lot more to be on the safe side, I arrived at chapter 6 with 50,000 and full Ninpo and Grains, just remember, you need to battle the Bone Boss before you farm again. On my save where I farmed 670,000 I arrived at 6 with over 400,000 left.

So I would probably lower the Chapter 1 ammount to 300,000 instead of 670,000 - the odd 70,000 was for the scythe, but you may aswell farm for that in Chapter 6 as its faster and easier.

@ Arbitar, some wicked tips there, I will be using those myself, as for the fish before Elizabet, just run through the blood lake, ignore them, move from left to right, try to stay away from the yellow sack things underneath them, as when you go near one thats when they attack.

@Wolf, yeah the videos not working now, but its still there, click on the Menu in the box and copy the URL and paste it into your browser, it will take you to Youtubes site and it plays fine there m8.

Edited by Evo Kazz

The chapter 11 epic battle I am yet to try on Master Ninja and Mentor, but from everything I have read online, it sounds easier just to manouver the spiders into a line and Void them, they say 2 voids wipes them out, putting it into practice may be differant though?

Im gonna rush the game today from Chapter 6 on mentor and go through to 9 (I did it yesterday but screwed my game up lol)

Once at 9 I will duplicate the save game and try the jellyfish thing out again WITH saving and see what happens. Maybe I didnt walk far away enough to re trigger them all after the save?

Farming on Chapter 6 seems to best and fastest way IMO, a trick to really stack that essence up is this:

Run into the cave.......you will notice 2 spiders on the ceilling, jump up and throw shurikens at them to make them fall down, quickly leave the cave the way you came in, for some reason the spiders get stuck and cant get out the cave, this ALWAYS happens. Enter the cave again and charge a UT, as you throw yourself forward with the Lunar you will attack the spiders fallen from the ceiling, but you will also trigger a new wave of spiders, and basically double your points.

Chapter 9 is useful, but slower, yet it enables you to leave your game so who cares lol.

If you Max out the Lunar Staff and Dragon sword, plus items then take 200,000 from chapter 1, you can easily make it to chapter 6 for the next farm, I farmed a lot more to be on the safe side, I arrived at chapter 6 with 50,000 and full Ninpo and Grains, just remember, you need to battle the Bone Boss before you farm again. On my save where I farmed 670,000 I arrived at 6 with over 400,000 left.

So I would probably lower the Chapter 1 ammount to 300,000 instead of 670,000 - the odd 70,000 was for the scythe, but you may aswell farm for that in Chapter 6 as its faster and easier.

@ Arbitar, some wicked tips there, I will be using those myself, as for the fish before Elizabet, just run through the blood lake, ignore them, move from left to right, try to stay away from the yellow sack things underneath them, as when you go near one thats when they attack.

@Wolf, yeah the videos not working now, but its still there, click on the Menu in the box and copy the URL and paste it into your browser, it will take you to Youtubes site and it plays fine there m8.

I think Dezmond verified in his thread that it takes 3 voids at lvl 3, so I would definitely use void on them suckers. Those spider guys are really annoying and really ugly.

I think I had more trouble on the actual IS ninjas than the spiders themselves in the Chapter 11 fight.... so all I did was spam windblades until those IS guys were all dead :-)

then again, I think everyone had scared me of the ch 11 fight so much I think I over-prepared and beat it on the first try :o

anyway I really think farming is unnecessary later on. I remember having some trouble at the start of mentor, but then as it went along I had no trouble (mainly which I attribute to increased health). I still finished mentor with over 200 K left to spare so without farming.... there's only I think a few chapters to watch out for on mentor (Chs 1,2,3 ; 8!, 11). But, by the time you reach 11 you'll probably be decked out. I guess Ch 13 is also a worthy mention since there's only one shop - which is unaccessible later on, but I guess everyone knew that anyway

edit: I forgot to mention MN seems to be a completely different beast. I foolishly thought I could get away with minimal farming on MN, until Ch 2 rolled along and I looked at my bank acct of essence and contemplated Ch2 Rasetsu