• 4 months later...
  • Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The Combat Trial is the last one I have left... I've tried hitting the droid, not hitting the droid, everything.

When I'm not targeting the droid it seems that sometimes my combo counter just resets in the middle of the combo? Found this happening a lot towards the end. Maybe it's because the droid spawns and interrupts something? I don't know.

Tips?

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Any tips for the Gauntlet? I'm finding it seriously hard just completing it. First wave is easy, but the mech (I don't know the name) on the second wave just hits so hard that I can't kill him quickly enough without getting close enough to take massive damage.

Here are my stats for the trials:

The Combat Trial - Gold

High Score: 00:56.627

Kamino Drill Grounds Trial - Gold

High Score: 03:02.02

Deadly Path Trial - Platinum

High Score: 00:17.963

Deflection Trial - Platinum

High Score: 06:00.553

Retrieval Trial - Platinum

High Score: 00:37.354

Domination Trial - Gold

High Score: 01:26.845

Terror Trial - Platinum

High Score: 01:09.527

The Cloning Spire Trial - Gold

High Score: 00:31.509

Scout Trooper Trial - Gold

High Score: 00:46.755

Gauntlet Trial - Bronze

High Score: 02:08.518

Guess I'm going to have to keep using trial and error to pass Gauntlet in the most efficient way... I'll post if I find a good way to do it, but great tip on lightning bombing the first mech. Makes it about 10 seconds quicker than when I first did it.

Edit: Okay, just got the achievement for doing all challenges on Gold. Quite close to Platinum on Gauntlet too. A good guide for doing it would be this:

First Wave: Dash down, take the war droids shield first. Force Grab the Saber Guard, Lightning him (or how many you pick up) to turn them into Lightning bombs and throw them against the mech. If a majority of them hit, you'll get the droid down enough to do your QT (but don't) so you can just slash him down from there. If you hit him with the Saber Guards enough times, the droid will just blow up from that.

Second Wave: This is the one I had most trouble with. As soon as the barrier drops, dash in, jump and lightning all the Jumptroopers before you take care of the Terror Biodroid. As far as I know, he can't hit you in the air. When all the Jumptroopers are gone, go to the ground and attack him twice (X, X) then as soon as that second attack hits, press block. You should completely block the attack. Rinse and repeat that and he should be down quickly.

Third Wave: Whatever you do, DO NOT TAKE THE DROIDS SHIELD FIRST. It just gives the Snipers an easy chance to hit you and take off a good 3/4 of your health (or worse, kill you). Just dash around the droid, either Lightning or Force Pushing the Snipers and then go back to a distance so he can't use his flamethrower on you. That thing takes off a good chunk of health quickly. Wait til' you have full Forcepower (I can't remember what it's called; the blue meter) and then use Saber Throw at him while moving towards him. It's vital you're close when using this move or else the droid has time to attack. If done correctly, you can hit him, he'll stun which will give your lightsabers enough time to return, then you can repeat that. You only have to do it two or three times until he's dead.

Fourth Wave: Quite easy. Just Mind control the Terror Troopers when possible and attack the hell out of the Acolytes as they are your biggest pain in the arse. The Terror Troopers will help to some degree, but more than likely, you'll kill them in the process of killing the acolytes. After that's done, just dash towards the exit as fast as you can.

I'm not going to bother trying to get a faster time, but the time I got a Gold on was just a rough playthrough that was very sloppy. I could easily get a faster time if I tried but there's no need. If any perfectionists want to play through and go for platinum on everything, I feel my guide should be more than adequate.

Cant believe this guy.. I've been so frustrated w the retrieval trial you got a Plat on and you're stuck w bronze on gauntlet which I've got Gold on my first try.. :p lets play each others game and get gold on what we do best :p

JUST for this Champion achievement I redid the entire story n now the Retrieval is the only thing I can't get :/

Saw a video but I dont get how to do the Double dash and the Force dash in one jump cuz if I do one, I cant do the other... :/

Edited by MATH3W MAGNUM77

• 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...

For the combat trial, I keep getting stuck at the XXB and XXY combo. The combos before and after those two I can do without hitting the droid. Once I get to XXB and XXY, it won't register that I have done the combo unless I hit the droid. Has anyone had a similar issue? I haven't upgraded my saber level since I heard it was easier this way, but since I have to hit the droid with those two combos, I lose precious seconds.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 10 months later...

This game is out of line. The difference between a button hold and tap is so microscopic that I can do a 'tap' and it counts as a hold. Other times I hit the button and it does NOTHING! I enjoy the actual game, but this challenge sh*t is ridiculous. The first is the worst, I've tried too many times, and the button presses don't always register, even when I'm doing a count in my head to make sure I press them right. The delays in the controls plus the finicky input makes some of these challenges impossible. Worst yet, this is the ONLY achievement I need for 100%.

• 3 months later...
For the combat trial, I keep getting stuck at the XXB and XXY combo. The combos before and after those two I can do without hitting the droid. Once I get to XXB and XXY, it won't register that I have done the combo unless I hit the droid. Has anyone had a similar issue? I haven't upgraded my saber level since I heard it was easier this way, but since I have to hit the droid with those two combos, I lose precious seconds.

THIS!!!! ^^^^

i can't do the running around the platform because if i don't attack the droid, after my second XX my starkiller stops moving. it's like he's saying "there's no one to attack here bro, i am not doing this."

also i am a lightsaber 1. should i upgrade to 2? i've read a lot of people saying avoid level 3.

my highest time count is 49.xxx...