Connectivity Issue

PyreBall

My girlfriend and I frequently play this, but we have to do it over the Internet as the relationship is long distance for right now. Anyway, we keep having some issues. Occasionally there will be enough latency to where I can't even see enemies and items, but the problem that we're really running into is that she gets randomly kicked offline from time to time. She has high speed internet, and I know it slows down a bit because we Skype when we play, but it doesn't make sense. The game will save my progress and then kick me to the main menu, and then kick her offline and out of the game completely a moment or two later. Any ideas?

I was having a similar problem for awhile (my co-op friends and I all live in different states, so we either Skype or FaceTime, depending on how many of us there are) and part of my problem was because I'm using an older 360 model and was using a network cable to connect to the router. The cable finally died and I decided to plunk the money down for the wireless adapter, which improved things a lot.