New Quick & Easy 1000 (or close to) Thread

anthonyd46

I suppose to mark NTSC only Games like Jurassic Park. Would be really helpful for european members!

I guess but wouldn't that be a little much considering probably half the games on this list are NTSC only?

Ok I'm going to do an update today but can anyone confirm my digital only list to be accurate?

• Replies 968
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another question I noticed that Jericho does not have the website to get the unique cheat code that it did before. I heard without the code the difficulty spikes. Does it spike enough to make the hours of the game change enough to move to a different section of this list?

Sorry total oversight on Volgar had everything written on a notepad and somehow didn't write it.

Another question I noticed that Jericho does not have the website to get the unique cheat code that it did before. I heard without the code the difficulty spikes. Does it spike enough to make the hours of the game change enough to move to a different section of this list?

Sorry total oversight on Volgar had everything written on a notepad and somehow didn't write it.

I don't think the game's difficulty changes that much with or without the code. It can get a little hard at some points but nothing too crazy. It should stay where it is.

I just noticed that only Zumba Fitness Core is on this list. With the exception of first Zumba, all of the Zumba games can be completed in 10-15 hours. That is

Zumba Fitness Rush (K)

Zumba Fitness World Party (K)

Zumba Fitness World Party (K)(X1)

There is also Zumba Kids but I have not looked into this title enough to say how long it takes.

Riptide GP2 seems like people are completing around 9 hours.

Unmechanical Extended may be a contender for under 5 hours.

Edited by sanger

I just noticed that only Zumba Fitness Core is on this list. With the exception of first Zumba, all of the Zumba games can be completed in 10-15 hours. That is

Zumba Fitness Rush (K)

Zumba Fitness World Party (K)

Zumba Fitness World Party (K)(X1)

There is also Zumba Kids but I have not looked into this title enough to say how long it takes.

Riptide GP2 seems like people are completing around 9 hours.

Unmechanical Extended may be a contender for under 5 hours.

Doesn't one of those have an achievement for playing with 100 people online or is that the first zumba?

Chiming in from the peanut gallery once again. This list is titled the "Quick and Easy" yet includes Volgarr and Limbo - I find this confusing. I don't see how anyone can say those games are easy to 1k. On TA only 3% of players have completed Limbo and 0.85% have completed Volgarr. Limbo is easy for 900 so may come be fine to include given those parameters, but Volgarr shows to have less than 50% of players get more than 100 GP out of it (again, based on TrueAchievements stats), and less than 25% get more than 250 GP.

Or maybe leave it on and change the title of the thread?

Free games are almost always going to have very low completion rates. Maybe add a note about the difficulty but anything that can be reasonably completed in that time frame should be added imo.

I've brought up Vancouver 2010 and Vancouver 2010 (PC) in the past but was turned down cause the former guy that ran this thread thought they were too difficult. They're not easy by any means but I was able to do all the offline stuff in both versions in under 10 hours and felt like they should be added in the 10-15 section with the online boosting required and with a note about the difficulty.

Zumba World Party on the Xbox One has one unobtainable so may want to note its max is only 970. It had several buggy achievements as well, I had all the collectable type achievements glitch out on me but I think I heard those were patched. It also has a Japan stack on the Xbox One that has no issues with the achievements so there are 3 versions of it in total that could be potentially added.

Chiming in from the peanut gallery once again. This list is titled the "Quick and Easy" yet includes Volgarr and Limbo - I find this confusing. I don't see how anyone can say those games are easy to 1k. On TA only 3% of players have completed Limbo and 0.85% have completed Volgarr. Limbo is easy for 900 so may come be fine to include given those parameters, but Volgarr shows to have less than 50% of players get more than 100 GP out of it (again, based on TrueAchievements stats), and less than 25% get more than 250 GP.

From OP: (especially third one)

Criteria:-

To clarify exactly what qualifies as a "Quick 1000 (or close to)":-

(1) The game must take no more than 25 hours to attain the GS amount listed or is an easy title to get all the points even if it takes more then 25 hours.

(2) It is possible to attain at least 900 points.

(3) The word easy or not easy will not put a game on or off this list. If it exceeds the number of hours in (1) then it is automatically disqualified.

The gamers who have very little GS in Volgarr just simply did not play Volgarr for more than 30 minutes. The game is not hard if you put the time into it. Most will complete it under 15 hours in my opinion.

From OP: (especially third one)

Criteria:-

To clarify exactly what qualifies as a "Quick 1000 (or close to)":-

(1) The game must take no more than 25 hours to attain the GS amount listed or is an easy title to get all the points even if it takes more then 25 hours.

(2) It is possible to attain at least 900 points.

(3) The word easy or not easy will not put a game on or off this list. If it exceeds the number of hours in (1) then it is automatically disqualified.

The gamers who have very little GS in Volgarr just simply did not play Volgarr for more than 30 minutes. The game is not hard if you put the time into it. Most will complete it under 15 hours in my opinion.

I have to agree. Although I didn't make it past the first boss of Volgarr I could easily tell if I would put some time into it I could've got farther. So it without a doubt qualifies on this list. Limbo even more so. There's a reason why we have the skill based side note some quick games are not as easy as others. And some people find games to be harder than others. I find Midway Arcade Origins to be way to hard to 1000 but does not mean everyone else thinks the same.

Edited by Soldiercloud9

Well I'm trying to take things by committee and getting a consensus before making a change. I am straying away from just cause 1 person says it belongs there then it does or if one person says it doesn't then it doesn't. I feel like after a while since the other guy ran out of time he didn't have time to get feedback from the community like I am doing. Thats fine and all nothing against him, but my way of doing it is to get feedback form multiple posters to be sure things belong and don't belong.

I dont think we can go by completion percentages. There are some easy games that have completion percentages. I think the point here is amount of time it takes. If i did everything from point A to point B without struggling how long would it take?

Referring to the post below

Free games are almost always going to have very low completion rates. Maybe add a note about the difficulty but anything that can be reasonably completed in that time frame should be added imo.

I've brought up Vancouver 2010 and Vancouver 2010 (PC) in the past but was turned down cause the former guy that ran this thread thought they were too difficult. They're not easy by any means but I was able to do all the offline stuff in both versions in under 10 hours and felt like they should be added in the 10-15 section with the online boosting required and with a note about the difficulty.

I think thats a good example. How can we call this game not quick if it really takes 10-15 hours if you know what you are doing. Thats what the skill based note is for right? I mean something like gears of war I dont care what method you are using you arent going to be unlocking seriously in an hour are you even if you are a god. However if you are a god at vancouver then you can get it done in the allotted time.

So where do we draw the line? Im open to discussion on this like always. Discuss away.

Well I'm trying to take things by committee and getting a consensus before making a change. I am straying away from just cause 1 person says it belongs there then it does or if one person says it doesn't then it doesn't. I feel like after a while since the other guy ran out of time he didn't have time to get feedback from the community like I am doing. Thats fine and all nothing against him, but my way of doing it is to get feedback form multiple posters to be sure things belong and don't belong.

I dont think we can go by completion percentages. There are some easy games that have completion percentages. I think the point here is amount of time it takes. If i did everything from point A to point B without struggling how long would it take?

Referring to the post below

I think thats a good example. How can we call this game not quick if it really takes 10-15 hours if you know what you are doing. Thats what the skill based note is for right? I mean something like gears of war I dont care what method you are using you arent going to be unlocking seriously in an hour are you even if you are a god. However if you are a god at vancouver then you can get it done in the allotted time.

So where do we draw the line? Im open to discussion on this like always. Discuss away.

Personally I think we should draw the line if it does not make sense. If only one person is a "god" at the game then it wouldn't make sense to put it on this list. Although I don't know anything about Vancouver 2010 so I have no opinion on that one. I know a friend who was a "god" at Ninja Gaiden 2 and could speed run through the game nothing flat but just because he's really good at the game and can finish it quicker than most people does not mean we should put it on the list. I would say as long as it makes sense like Volgarr and Limbo are logically quick and easy given the right time and effort. Then they can be on the list. If anything I would say get a second opinion on a game. Which you already do that so that's a plus.:) If not a second opinion then research it and see if it would make sense to put on the list. Once again nothing against Vancouver 2010 being on the list I just don't want to see actual hard/long games get put on this list because one person is a "god" at the game like Yaiba Ninja Gaiden Z etc.

If being easy isn't part of the requirements, I'd recommend re-naming the thread is all. I don't disagree with any of the comments above about why some games have been chosen, only that while a game such as Volgarr can be categorized as quick (based on skill) it really can't be categorized as easy. Unless you count a game as easy once you've practiced it for a ton of time, in which case every game is easy. I find Dark Souls 1/2 easy, but I've played each for 80+ hours to get to that point :).

Separately, it appears Unmechanical: Extended Edition (X1 - Digital) can be added to the under-5 list per the achievement guide that was posted recently.

Yes, I can confirm that Unmechanical: Extended Edition (X1) can easily be added to the Under 5 list. I played it for the full 1000:gsicon:, and it took about 4 hours to complete, if that. :)

If being easy isn't part of the requirements, I'd recommend re-naming the thread is all. I don't disagree with any of the comments above about why some games have been chosen, only that while a game such as Volgarr can be categorized as quick (based on skill) it really can't be categorized as easy. Unless you count a game as easy once you've practiced it for a ton of time, in which case every game is easy. I find Dark Souls 1/2 easy, but I've played each for 80+ hours to get to that point :).

Thats what I'm saying those. Who defines easy? Where is the line from easy?

I don't think every game can be easy with enough practice. I've finished Geometry Wars 1,2 and almost done with 3. Put in more than 100 hours combined and I cannot say any of the three game is easy even after putting in that many hours and completing it. Games like Dark Souls, Volgarr, Limbo where if you know where everything is and what needs to be done where are pretty easy once you practice enough. In case of Volgarr and Limbo, they are both quick as well. (Volgarr took me 12 hours, Limbo took me 8 hours)