Speed skating.. An impossible gold?

Alfman1

Man this game brings back memories of one of my favourite games (Obviously Nagano Winter Olympics on the N64)

Its the perfect level of awesome and annoyance without too much button mashing (I hate you Beijing Olympics 08)

Anyway.. The only problem I have is I can't win the speed skating EVER.. I've nearly fully upgraded my stats for the event and still I come 2nd by at least 0.8 seconds.. I get great at the very least on all of the button presses while getting perfect at least 90% of the time...

WHAT AM I DOING WRONG??

Thanks.

Ok I did get it down after a little practice.. what I do is...

At the start clench the controller between my knees and do a drum roll on A and B (Alternately) so that you get a perfect start.. There is NO way you can beat number 1 if you don't get a perfect or close to start.

Then because the first two button presses (after the start) screwed me over and meant I didn't hit any on the first corner.. I let the first 2 B----- A----- just go by without holding anything.. Then I did babababababa etc.

Just for clarification you don't mash bababa you hold down B or A until the bar has gone right to the top then you let go and simultaniously start holding the other..

All I can say is practice.. If you get the perfect start the rhythm of the event will be the same EVERY time because you're going at a constant speed throughout tries.

I beat the 90% challenge in 10 minutes and then beat the boss first time so it is possible to improve fast..

Keep at it man.

p.s if that didn't make sense just post with which bit didn't and i'll reword it for you.

• 5 years later...