GTA V Encyclopedia & FAQ - READ BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS!

Crimson Ridley

Welcome to Los Santos and Blaine County! There's an almost overwhelming amount of things to see and do in GTA V and you'll no doubt have many questions you need answers to. Fret not, wonderful gamers as x360a is at hand to enlighten you. Have a gander at the links in this thread, and please read the FAQ and I'm sure you'll find all the answers you need. Just click the title you want to go to, and it'll take you there.

Kifflom, brothers and sisters! Kifflom!

*This may take some time to become really fleshed out, as more tricks are found and the online opens up. Please suggest threads to add to it. Anything highlighted in red is unconfirmed by myself at this moment.*

Achievement Help

Achievement Guide & Roadmap

Achievement Discussion

Achievement Trading Thread

Alternative Collectible Threads (Videos)

iSs Baillie's Collectibles Guide

Maka's Collectibles Guide

Need To Achieve's Collectibles Guide

Predni's Collectible Guide

Career Criminal - 100% Completion Guide

100% Career Completion Guide (Checklists, Collectibles, Stunts and More)

Casual Gaming Online

Online Gaming (Not Achievement Trading)

Cheats

Please note: Cheats will disable all achievements in your current session. Do not save over your current progress with them active.

Cheats in Grand Theft Auto V

Complaints and Concerns With the Game

The Official Grand Theft Auto V Bitching Thread

Easter Eggs and Surprises

Easter Eggs (Spoilers)

Gold Medal Requirements

Gold Medal Requirements Checklist

Making Money

Playing The Stock Market During The Assassination Missions

Alternate Stock Market & Assassination Guide

Infinite Money Through The Underwater Caches (You don't have to do it with all 3 characters, but it's faster than just using 1 of them.)

Random Events

Random Events (Locations and Rewards)

Share Your Photos Taken With Snapmatic

Grand Theft Auto V: Photo Gallery

Video Guides and Miscellaneous Videos

Community Videos

Your Experiences in Grand Theft Auto V

Adventures in Los Santos and Blaine County

FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)

Am I losing money when I replay a mission?

No, you're not. When you replay a mission, the game creates a save and then pulls you back to when that mission began. Because of this, it changes your account balance to what it was before. After the mission is over, or you quit out of it you'll be returned to your main game with your account balance back to what it was before. The game shows that it's taking money, but doesn't show it being put back in. If you pause the game, you'll see that you haven't lost anything.

Anyone want to join my clan?

Quoting from the forum rules:

Clan Discussion

Please note, we don't allow clan discussion/recruitment/advertising etc on this site. If you are looking for a clan, please look elsewhere. Whilst on the subject, the x360a Clans have been tried, and didn't work. We will not be bringing them back. Any clan claiming to be a representation of x360a is doing so without our knowledge. Please let us know so we can investigate.

Are there any issues in the Brady Games Official Strategy Guide?

As far as we are aware, there is one issue in the English strategy guide, which is that Stunt Jump #50 is incorrect. There are multiple errors in the German guide, and we haven't heard anything about others.

BAWSAQ and Snapmatic are not working! Help?

BAWSAQ (stock market) and Snapmatic (camera) are tied to the Rockstar Social Club. Due to huge amount of strain put on the website, there have been a lot of instances where it is not working. Unfortunately, until Rockstar update their servers you'll have to just get lucky when trying to use these services.

Do you have to achieve all Gold Medal requirements in one run?

No, you can do them however you want. For instance, if you are on a mission that has a time requirement as well as an accuracy one, you could take your time getting the correct accuracy and then do another run through of just rushing to get the time. Even though the end of the mission will only tell you what you achieved in it, the Replay Missions menu will update with your Gold Medal.

How do I check my 100% completion statistic in-game?

Open the menu and scroll to Stats and then go down to the 100% Checklist. You can also compare your statistic against your friends by scrolling to Friends page and clicking Compare.

How do you buy a tank?

The tank can be bought from the in-game Internet on your character's phone or a computer at http://www.warstock-cache-and-carry.com. It costs $3,000,000.

How do I unlock each of the Strangers and Freaks?

Abigail - Complete "Blitz Play" and purchase the Sonar Collections Dock.

Barry - Complete "Complications" and "Pulling Favors" for Michael's mission to appear, and "Three's Company" for Trevor's and Franklin's to appear.

Beverley - Complete "Pulling Favors". For the 3rd mission to unlock, you have to complete "Three's Company".

Cletus - Complete "Nervous Ron".

Dom - Complete "Minor Turbulence". To unlock his final mission, you need to complete all of the parachute jumps.

Drayfuss - Find all 50 of the Letter Scraps.

Epsilon - Complete "Father/Son", "Pulling Favors" and the Epsilon Program Identity Evaluation on the Epsilon Website.

Hao - Complete "Pulling Favors". He will only appear at night.

Josh - Complete "Hang Ten".

Mary-Ann - Complete "Complications" and "Pulling Favors" for Michael. For Trevor's, complete "Reuniting The Family", and for Franklin's you need to complete "Predator".

Maude - Complete "Mr. Philips".

Minute Men - Complete "Mr. Philips".

Nigel - Complete "Friends Reunited".

Omega - Complete "Fame or Shame". For his last mission to show up, you need to find all 50 Spaceship Parts.

Rampages - Complete "Trevor Philips Industries".

Tonya - Complete "Repossession". After the first mission, you'll receive a text from Tonya. Call her from your Contacts list to start the next mission. You'll need to do this again to start the 3rd and 4th missions. If you no longer have the text, or can't remember receiving it, just ring her anyway.

How long does a character sleep for, and how many minutes are in an in-game day?

When you go to sleep, time passes by 6 hours (12 real minutes) if you're playing as Michael, 8 hours (14 real minutes) if you're playing as Franklin and 12 hours (24 real minutes) if you're playing as Trevor. There are 2 seconds to each in-game minute which makes 2 minutes to each in-game hour. That means there are 48 minutes in an in-game day.

How many cars can you store in the garages?

A character's personal garage (outside their safehouse) has space for 2 vehicles. Their special garage that can be bought or given free if you're a Social Club member can store 4 vehicles. Franklin will come to own 2 vehicles through natural story progression, and these 2 vehicles will always be placed outside on his driveway. Michael and Trevor own a vehicle each, and you will find them outside as well. Trevor will acquire a temporary safehouse in Vespucci beach, but this will not allow you to store more than 1 vehicle under the building.

Edited by Crimson Ridley

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's required for 100% completion?

Story Missions (50%)

All 69 Story Missions, including all of Lester’s Assassination Contracts.

The following Strangers and Freaks (10%):

Tonya.

Beverley.

Hao.

Barry (only Franklin’s missions).

Fanatic/Abigail (only Franklin’s mission).

Dom.

Omega.

Dreyfuss.

The following Hobbies and Pastimes (10%):

Lap Dance at the Strip Club.

Shooting Range (Score at least a Bronze in all 3 challenges in each of the weapon types).

5 Street Races (Bronze in all - Only available at night).

6 Off-Road Races (Bronze in all).

4 Sea Races (Bronze in all).

Tennis (May need to win).

Golf (May need to finish Under Par or Even).

Darts (May need to win).

3 Triathlon Races (Bronze will be enough).

Flight School (Just a Bronze on all of them).

Parachuting (13, involving Base Jumps and Heli Jumps).

Random Events (15%):

Complete any 14 Random Events.

The following Miscellaneous activities (15%):

Collect all 50 Spaceship Parts.

Collect all 50 Letter Scraps.

Complete 25/50 Under The Bridges.

Complete 25/50 Stunt Jumps.

Complete 8/15 Knife Flights.

Purchase any 5 properties.

Purchase any vehicle from a website.

Walk and play “fetch” with Chop.

Complete a Booty Call.

Use a prostitute.

Hold up a store.

Visit the cinema.

4 Friend Activities (Cinema, Darts, Strip Club and Bar).

Anything you don't see in this list (for instance, the Epsilon mission strand) is NOT required to earn Career Criminal.

Where are the Street Races? They don't show up on my map!

The Street Races are only available at night. Check your map from around 20:00-05:00 and they'll be there. Only Franklin can do Street Races and they'll only become available after you've done "Shift Work" for Hao.

Why do my cars keep disappearing?

NOTE: As per the current patch (1st October 2013), this issue should have been resolved.

Rockstar has released a title update for Grand Theft Auto V which addresses a number of issues faced by players in Story Mode.

Perhaps the most important of these is a fix for a bug which has seen saved cars and upgrades going missing from garages, unfairly depriving characters of both a sexy ride and wasting a few grand of their spent cash. I've been afflicted by this one and it's a giant pain in the ass.

Here’s a list of all the headline fixes, courtesy of Rockstar:

Fix for interface issues when using Internet on the cell phone after completing the game, or during a mission replay

Fix for the Vanilla Unicorn occasionally becoming locked

Fix for issues where the character’s money could drop below zero and become stuck there

Fix for the Epsilon Program missions not progressing properly after delivering some cars

Fix for issue where the Atomic Blimp sometimes does not appear as a phone contact for Collector’s Edition owners

Fix for issues with saved vehicles going missing, or losing their upgrades

Fixes for several map escape and collision issues along with other various bug fixes

The title update was included as part of the download which unlocked Grand Theft Auto Online earlier today.

Many gamers may have experienced issues with storing cars inside garages within Grand Theft Auto V that results in the loss of the stored vehicle. Rockstar support released a comment about the problem on Monday in which the developer recommended fans avoid using the garages inside the open-world game until a fix can be deployed.

The known bug that has a tendency to delete saved vehicles from garages seems to be triggered by several different things. Rockstar Games’ support stated that these include completing a mission or driving a character’s personal vehicle while controlling one of the game’s other two protagonists.

For the time being, Rockstar Games is suggesting that players avoid storing or withdrawing cars from garages. Additionally, fans should not drive the personal vehicles while on a character who is not the owner. The developer is currently looking into solving the issue, but the actually cause is not known at this time.

Edited by Crimson Ridley

Grand Theft Auto Online FAQ

How do I deposit money?

You can deposit money in any ATM found around San Andreas. Watch out for people waiting nearby who will try to take your money.

An even simpler way to deposit money is to do it from your character's phone. Open the Internet app, click Money and Services, then Maze Bank and choose to deposit money. You can deposit some or all of your money, and it can still be spent in a lot of places while in your bank.

Edited by Crimson Ridley

Well we all know it won't stop, but this will certainly help though. Can't wait for all the Online mayhem to begin lol.

Ew, this forum is going to be 148x worse come October 1st!

But this thread is indeed great, so many worthy and important sticky's for this game. It's crazy!

Speaking of Online, can't wait to finish the Guide with you when it launches! You better not ditch me when we're both online!

Yes. Do want thread.

I'd like it to be sticky'd but the only problem is that we already have 9 threads sticky'd and it hasn't even been a week. By the time Online releases the first 2 pages will be sticky threads.

That's the point in this. If this is up there, the others can be taken off, freeing up a potential sticky mess. :p

Yes. Do want thread.

I'd like it to be sticky'd but the only problem is that we already have 9 threads sticky'd and it hasn't even been a week. By the time Online releases the first 2 pages will be sticky threads.

I personally don't see ANY reason why any future thread revolving around the Online portion of the game would be significant enough to sticky. At all.

By sticking this one, you can remove maybe 5-6 stickys at least. All we need is the roadmap and this thread.

In my opinion, if the mods see that this thread is significant enough to sticky (which it is), then the only sticky's on this forum should be: Achievement Guide, Encyclopedia, Achievement Discussion, Gold Medal Checklist, Community Videos, and Achievement Trading Thread.

In my opinion, if the mods see that this thread is significant enough to sticky (which it is), then the only sticky's on this forum should be: Achievement Guide, Encyclopedia, Achievement Discussion, Gold Medal Checklist, Community Videos, and Achievement Trading Thread.

The "Reminder about the Clans" thread should be an announcement instead of a thread. That'll free up one more space for a worthless thread to take over.

The "Reminder about the Clans" thread should be an announcement instead of a thread. That'll free up one more space for a worthless thread to take over.

Agreed. I was gonna say something to a mod about that, but eh...I don't know if you can have multiple announcements and Creech probably wants its there in thread form. But I agree with you.

its a good idea. but if this gets stickied, others will have to get unstickied. otherwise the page will be half full with stickied, meaning useful threads will be pushed down to page 2 easy, leading to duplicates

EDIT: not quite half, but a lot

Yeah, that's the point of this thread. It's here to have just a few stickied threads because all of the information you could need will be linked to from this thread.

otherwise the page will be half full with stickied, meaning useful threads will be pushed down to page 2 easy, leading to duplicates

Hence why OP posts them in the first post of this thread. Reduces clutter while still keeping them highly visible for others to find.

It worked well with Saints Row: The Third, so I don't see why it won't work well here too.