GTA V Encyclopedia & FAQ - READ BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS!

Crimson Ridley

On the charater selection pop up (when you hold down on D Pad) there's a number that represents how many missions are available with each character.. I've not got too far into the game (only 12 - 15%) but often it might say there is 1 for Franklin, but when I view the map with him, there are none to be seen. Although the garage (can't remember the name of it - the one where you can pick up stored cars and specials) is in blue - as though it is a mission. Any ideas?

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The garages have a "unique vehicle" section and I was wondering whether this is just for the Social Club/Collector's edition, or whether you can collect vehicles from around the map to fill the garages. If you can, I would appreciate it if somebody could point me in the direction of where to find these unique vehicles. Thanks.

The garages have a "unique vehicle" section and I was wondering whether this is just for the Social Club/Collector's edition, or whether you can collect vehicles from around the map to fill the garages. If you can, I would appreciate it if somebody could point me in the direction of where to find these unique vehicles. Thanks.

The Unique vehicle within the bought garage seems to only be for DLC although with the other vehicle save spots you can cycle through all vehicles bought. There is currently an issue with vehicle saving which GTA are fully aware of and looking into so perhaps the garages will work in much the same way as the other spots with additional spots for stolen cars. See my post above, No. 41

Are there any other spots to save cars beside your house or the garage ?

Like do you get additional spots by buying businesses for example ?

Currently there are no other spots to save cars. Also the car saving system is currently broken so I would advise against collecting or buying anything special until they fix it. Again see my post above, No. 41.

Callum was going to mention this is the Encyclopaedia and FAQ but he was just waiting to see what Rockstar were going to say which you can now see in the article below from here.

Many gamers may have experienced issues with storing cars inside garages within Grand Theft Auto V that results in the loss of the stored vehicle. Rockstar support released a comment about the problem on Monday in which the developer recommended fans avoid using the garages inside the open-world game until a fix can be deployed.

The known bug that has a tendency to delete saved vehicles from garages seems to be triggered by several different things. Rockstar Games’ support stated that these include completing a mission or driving a character’s personal vehicle while controlling one of the game’s other two protagonists.

For the time being, Rockstar Games is suggesting that players avoid storing or withdrawing cars from garages. Additionally, fans should not drive the personal vehicles while on a character who is not the owner. The developer is currently looking into solving the issue, but the actually cause is not known at this time.

I've been looking everywhere for the answer to this question; is there only one parking space at Floyd's safe house (for Trevor)? Haven't had much luck finding the answer, so...

I'm wondering if we could add a paragraph to the FAQ section of the Encyclopedia detailing how many parking spots each place has in regards to storing vehicles. I know the "Vehicle Storage" garages for each character hold 4, but for example I was thinking Trevor's house only had one spot in the garage on the side of the trailer, when in fact I ended up being able to fit two cars in there... Michael's safe house garage has two spots in the garage, but I couldn't put a bike in there (would have been the third vehicle) even through there looked like enough room to fit the bike... Franklin's initial house has only one spot in the garage, yet his default vehicle (Western Bagger bike and Bravado Buffalo car appear there all the time)... still early in the game so there may be other parking areas that open up that I haven't found yet.

I only bring this up because when I first got to Floyd's, I was thinking that whole area underneath the building could fit cars (looked like 3 spots) and so I ended up losing a Truffade Adder Super car that I parked there. I think it is only one parking spot at Floyd's (will try to test tonight), but a full list might be helpful.

Maybe even include the character's default vehicles in the list (correct this list if I am wrong, as again, I am still early in the game: Franklin - Bravado Buffalo [sports] and Western Bagger [motorcycle], Michael - Obey Tailgater [sedan], and Trevor - Canis Bodhi [off-road]). Could also include info about the hangers, helipads and marina slips.

I didn't want to create a whole new thread for this if it was already answered somewhere that I am not finding yet. So if this list already exists, can we get it added to the Encyclopedia FAQ section? No big deal if you say no. And since I am still early in the game, I can't really contribute much to this at this time, but I am more than willing to try and add to it over time.

Side note: You may also want to update the "sleeping times". I am reading that they are varied from character to character; Franklin 8 hours, Michael 6 hours and Trevor 12 hours (NOT personally verified yet).

Edited by BrinkX

I'll be updating with all questions and tips soon. :)

I had meant to talk about the sleeping times a long time ago as I had already noticed they were different. I'm also going to dedicate a post to GTA Online so that I'll be able to cover the game as a whole and hopefully help everyone out.

I'll be updating with all questions and tips soon. :)

I had meant to talk about the sleeping times a long time ago as I had already noticed they were different. I'm also going to dedicate a post to GTA Online so that I'll be able to cover the game as a whole and hopefully help everyone out.

Understood. Fantastic thread and thanks for all your hard work!

I'm updating as I search the forum (filled with online crap right now!), but I've highlighted a few things in red in the OP that I need confirmation of.

Those are:

Trevor's sleeping times.

Last night I tested Trevor's sleeping time (normally I never use the beds and just do quick saves). I went to bed at 10 pm and work up at 10 am, so it looks confirmed that Trevor sleeps for 12 hours. This was at his trailer in Sandy Shores.

Yo random stupid question and yeah I was to lazy to read it if it has been already posted in here, so sorry:

How can you change the accessibility of your personal vehicle, meaning in free-roam with other people that only crew members, friends or better NOBODY meaning ONLY YOU can access your car!? I can't find the option. Thanks in advance.

Yo random stupid question and yeah I was to lazy to read it if it has been already posted in here, so sorry:

How can you change the accessibility of your personal vehicle, meaning in free-roam with other people that only crew members, friends or better NOBODY meaning ONLY YOU can access your car!? I can't find the option. Thanks in advance.

I'd have to double check, but I can't get online working at the moment. I think you hold Back and change the option in that menu. If not, it might be in the Start Menu somewhere.

I'd have to double check, but I can't get online working at the moment. I think you hold Back and change the option in that menu. If not, it might be in the Start Menu somewhere.

Thanks man, it is :back: (hold) indeed. Man already passed LV25 and never noticed this option. Pretty cool trick if you play free-roam with randoms hehe!

Also shout out and big thanks to Creasy47 for this! :drunk

I wont try the online until after the new update, but does the online have a good private match option and can everything be done in the private free roam? I got several friends I want to play the game with and don't want to bother with randoms.

Yeah, you can set up a crew only/friend only or invite only freeroam sessions, fuck around, start jobs as the host etc. Only trouble is the ridiculous loading times. Otherwise I've loving the online so far..and I haven't even bought a single thing yet lol.

I'm just forewarning you guys that you may need to be patient with me for a while if this doesn't get updated and if I don't reply to any of your questions.

We got the worst news tonight about probably the most important member of my family; my grandma. I won't go in to details, but right now the family needs each other more than ever. I'm going through a hell of a lot, and I don't what the fuck I'm going to do when we lose her.

I may find that I need to escape from it all, push myself as hard as I can in to some activity, such as games, helping out, etc. but I don't know.

I'm telling you guys because, well I don't know. I guess I just want to speak, even if there's no-one receiving my words. I'm just looking at words on the screen, and there's no-one there filling up with tears as I stumble with what to say.

Please keep asking questions, coming up with answers and linking threads so that I can add them all in, and please above all else let that person you care about the most know just how much they fucking mean to you.