What Profiency are you at?

Tyger7

Is Almighty really that needed/important for the Dream Modes? Looking at what you need to do to make a single one, it seems really excessive and doing that 28 times is making me sad just thinking about it.

Its not that im shy of the time commitment, ive put in quite a bit already. It just seems like that is going to add way more to the clock than is needed.

Is Almighty really that needed/important for the Dream Modes? Looking at what you need to do to make a single one, it seems really excessive and doing that 28 times is making me sad just thinking about it.

Its not that im shy of the time commitment, ive put in quite a bit already. It just seems like that is going to add way more to the clock than is needed.

I've made all of one almighty boost, and I have yet to allocate it to a character. To put that in perspective, I have cleared 3 Dream Mode scenarios and have several more that I could probably clear easily once I get the characters involved strong enough to survive. It would definitely make it a ton easier, but I don't think it would really be needed for any of them, except perhaps the higher difficulty ones (Dream Mode scenarios seem to me to be a bit tougher than the regular stages with comparable difficulty ratings). If you have trouble with any scenarios, pop an Almighty on one of the characters. Also, the hard part isn't getting the weapons to make an Almighty boost, as they come during the level and proficiency grinding on their own. The hard part is getting enough growth points to boost them all, but even that is minor if you play later stages at higher difficulties.

Im at 2268 prof, so 462 more to go.

I have 59 characters at lvl 99.

I have 70 characters with an Almighty Lvl 4 Weapon, with about 15 almighty upgrades waiting to be used.

Once my proficiency grind is done, I have Hanzo at lvl 99 with a pimp almight lvl 4 weapon so I can blow through the final dream stage and put the last 3 achievements to rest.

Bw, for anyone unsure about the worth of Almightys, they are amazing. They make good characters unreal, and crappy characters tolerable.

If you want a test, put an almighty on a lvl 4 weapon on Tadakatsu Honda, and youll realize how much it makes a diff. Just remember almighty only works when musou is full, but with characters like Honda, you dont need to use your musou.

o.O Sweet jesus.

Maybe im not understanding what is needed to make one. Do you not need to clear the treasure in the 4 missions once per weapon? So you make one, farm all 4 levels for the treasure again and repeat?

And then you need a weapon with the specific levels of X skills to create one no?

Once the treasure is unlocked once, its unlocked for good. So once you have the all treasures needed, that part is done. Next you have to make a weapon have all the correct stats on it, then you can turn it into an almighty.

Okay, so I had 3 Almighty boosts banked, and holy crap does it just slaughter everything! Chaos became easier than Easy with it! And it's not like I equipped Lu Bu or Tadakatsu Honda or something, I put it on the character I happened to be boosting at the time (which happened to be Sun Quan) and turned him into a powerhouse! It's DEFINITELY worth the time to get, especially since you will eventually get enough weapons while boosting to pump a few out. I do reiterate that it's not required to finish most of the maps, but it DOES make Chaos mode a ton more routine than challenging.

What I've been doing to hopefully lessen the time needed for Almighty boosting. is close to what someone else mentioned, just different time-wise. When I play Samurai 1 for lvl 4 weapons, I use one high lvl and two lower ones. This helps me by giving lower lvl and prof characters a great weapon for when I start grinding (I've only been at it a week, I have a long road ahead). However, Tadakatsu Honda is lvl 8, but with an Almighty lvl 4 already :p

It just helps me keep things fresh.

• 4 months later...

Finally decided to get going on this game again. Back to grinding for the proficiency.

Currently I have, 68 characters at lvl 99. Only 9 characters dont have have almighty on a lvl 4 weapon. And I have 2,382 prof so far, that leaves 348 to go.

Woohooo!!! Finally done!!! Last dream mode isnt too bad, do it on easy first to get 2 of the last 3 achievements and to figure out the easy way to do it, then breeze through it the next 3 times. Just make sure you have almighty on all 3 characters, makes things a lot easier.

I'm just over 2000 now... still got another 600-700 levels to go.

At the moment I'm in a real grind-funk of games: Lost Odyssey (nearly skill-ground that one out, just have to get to Killalon); Lego Rock Band (Don't tell me Endless Setlist in any game ain't a grindfest); Star Ocean TLH (aagh); and I switch it up with something like FM2008 [where I 'grind out' results with my Blue Square Team in the CC Championship.]

Oh, and grinding for coins in FIFA 10 (for more achievements). I need to get back into Bioshock and open Saboteur, I think.

Just topped 1800 today. Haven't worried about XP for a bit since I've unlocked the level-dependant Dream Modes already, so I took Acclaim off my ability sheet in favour of Karma (gets me guaranteed boosts on easy, which makes Wu 4 grinding decent to help with Almighty grinding as well). Been mixing up Wu 4 runs with some Dream Mode runs to start clearing them (I've cleared about half on all difficulties). I only have maybe 10 characters with Almighty, with 5 in reserve (been adding them to characters only when doing Dream Modes on Chaos, and only when my characters are too weak to grind through it...only takes one character with Almighty to rape any stage on Chaos).

After just needing 2 dream mode scenario's to beat on Normal-Chaos I'm at around 2100 prof. I've basically been doing the same method that everyone here has said. Before starting the dream modes however I didn't know how godly almighty was and I remember running through Chaos with Orochi spamming his Y combo. Not a bad combo but not as good any basic X combo with Almighty.

If anyone wants tips on Almighty I pick two factories (Lu Bu and Orochi) and run through Samurai Lvl 1 killing only the officers that drop weapons. Both of those guys are for cramming out almighty and a third character is for whatever dream mode I'm working on.

Also to Black Jack, if you don't want a grinding game right now don't open the Saboteur. Great game (just 1k'd it recently) but the freeplay events will take some time.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Around 2750.

Just beat the bloody thing 1K tonight, after months of renting. Granted, I stopped playing for weeks on end, but it took me the past two weeks to get about half that amount. And that was after on/off playing where I got everyone a level 4 weapon via Orochi + Samurai #1 on Chaos.

Almost as much of a grindfest as Final Fantasy.

Almost.

• 2 months later...

I took a break from the game a while ago and I'm having a hard time working up the courage to continue. Looking at my spreadsheet I made back when the game came out I still have 425 more proficiency to go. Which, according to my spreadsheet's calculations will take me about 4.84 more solid hours of constant Wu 4.

Almost there...

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Keep going for it, Prime4. It's a grind, yes, but it's got actual progress you can save, rather than playing the lottery and hoping for the achieve.

I'm a glutton for punishment; got Gundam 2 currently from a rental, which requires you to play a ton of stages. On the plus side, you don't have to grind each and every playable character; working on the one you need to get to max level among other things, you'll probably improve the equipment of all the giant mecha those other characters need, making their lives a lot easier for the stages you still have to play.

And I did buy Samurai Warriors 2 used, with the intent of one day getting the XL download and finishing that up. As I said, glutton for punishment.