is it worth getting??

TheMacBulletin

If you're a Sonic fan, yes. Very quick and enjoyable 1000GS. 3 achievements require online.

Gameplay issues I had:

Bosses were easy.

Challenges were easy.

S rank was way easy.

Yea, they have hard mode, but no achievements for doing hard mode so not worth my time.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This game's final boss could of been better of course but finally Sega just did right with the levels. I hate to say repetitive stuff that others have been saying a lot but this game really does take a stroll back to your childhood from genesis to dreamcast to now.... This game deserves DLC to make it better and so people could have the best of their favorite generation of Sonic.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Anyone else wonder how this is one of the best games in the Sonic Series but by then next new Sonic game to come out (Sonic the Hedgehog Episode II for example) it's probably going to receive a bad score just because Classic Sonic isn't there? I mean doesn't anyone remember what GT said about Sonic Colors? About wanting to have Classic Sonic in a 3D game?

And it's low rating despite other game reviewers thinking Sonic Colors was a generally good game?

Also, the part in the introduction about Sonic getting poorly received game reviews, GT is a big one to talk. And what is this other stuff talking about unresponsive controls?

I mean true I have this game on Xbox 360 and sometimes I still fall to my death when it fails to respond to the A button but I think that's more because of my slow reactions and I'm just not used to playing as Classic Sonic sometimes.

As for the frustrating objectives, isn't that completely the entire point of the challenge? And this may be a little bias coming from me since I've only been a Sonic fan for about 5 years now and I've played mostly the newer Sonic games, but will GT just stop ranting about the Classic games? I'm pretty sure they were really good and I would like to play them sometime, but even the classic Sonic games has got to have some of it's downs just as often as it's ups. Yet all I hear is GT ranting 'how the Classic Sonic Games were so flawless', 'This finally puts Sonic back into the spot light', 'It's because Classic Sonic is in this game that the Sonic Franchise is saved' Blah Blah Blah... I mean common GT we know you think the 2D games are great and I respect your opinion to a point.

I just wish you would stop belittling the Modern Sonic so much it's the worst thing that SEGA has ever done. And to make things clear to everyone reading this, I'm NOT criticizing Sonic Generations- I LOVE the game just as much as any die hard Sonic fan! What I AM criticizing about is how GameTrailers just won't stop talking about the mistakes of Sonic's history and they loved him better when he was well known in the 1990's. I'm not saying they aren't wrong considering that Sonic the Hedgehog (2006) was a rather rushed game with a lot of glitches and apparently everyone is against Elise x Sonic pairing. But I will give GameTrailers some credit about giving Sonic Generations an 8.1. Unlike GameInformer who unfairly gave Sonic Generations a 6.5 just because they didn't like some stages from previous games!!

• 1 month later...

No, this game is not worth getting. Horrible controls, frustrating boss battles, same old "speed you up only to throw spikes at you OUT OF FUCKING NOWHERE SO YOU CAN'T STOP IN TIME" Sonic bullshit. If my kids hadn't downloaded this turd, I'd break the fucking disc, set it on fire and bury it.

Fuck this piece of shit, and fuck Sega for publishing it.

No, this game is not worth getting. Horrible controls, frustrating boss battles, same old "speed you up only to throw spikes at you OUT OF FUCKING NOWHERE SO YOU CAN'T STOP IN TIME" Sonic bullshit. If my kids hadn't downloaded this turd, I'd break the fucking disc, set it on fire and bury it.

Fuck this piece of shit, and fuck Sega for publishing it.

Wow, everyone else seemed to love it... to each their own. I'll still get it cause my son always wants to play Sonic '06, and I'd rather slam my weiner in a car door then play that...

• 9 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
My kids loved it, but they also loved Sonic 06 so....yeah. Fuck this game.

Why do you have to say such mean things sniff you poop mouth sniff

Best Sonic in years in my opinion shame no DLC or Sonic CD level included, maybe future sequel.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...