Fucking gold medals.

DROGTURIST

Honestly. What were they thinking with this crap? I just spent like 20 minutes playing the Sled Race over and over so I could get the right buffs from the Inner Board. Finally have my 6x multiplier that won't drop if I get hit and I load up the first level. I kill everything and get the 6x going very fast, and I pick up as much gold as the greedy, bastard AI will let me pick up without them hogging it or standing in the way.

I ended up with LESS of a score than when I just did a 5x multiplier run with no Inner Board upgrades! What the fuck? What the fuck!

My point is, can someone who's further along post some tangible tips on this crap before I fly to wherever Lionhead is and slap somebody?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this game kidding me? I finally met the requirement for gold throughout the level and all I needed was the push from killing the boss...which of course meant that the boss did not drop a single coin whatsoever and I was like 1000 short. God damn it!

Honestly I'm pretty sure the medals are glitched or something, since I got 39k on Dark Bowerstone (37K required for gold), and I still only have a silver medal floating above level select:confused:.

And I recently checked the leaderboards, and non of the top ten players have the achievement for all gold medals, I know its only been out a day but there is usually atleast a few people who blitz it and complete it crazy quick.

That's weird about your Bowerstone medal but the reason no one has the achievement is because The Cloud level is still locked. But, yeah, I think you're right in that there's some weird glitching going on here. The rest of the game is joke-easy and obviously meant to be playable by the whole family, so why are the gold medals so ruthlessly harsh and furiously competetive? It doesn't gel with the rest of the game.

Anyway, I found ways to make getting the gold likelier, but it still all boils down to stupid luck.

- Play on Challenging for a few extra coins. Doesn't seem to be much but it's something.

- Make all your AI characters gun/magic users to keep them away from the loot.

- I feel like either getting permanent invisibility (meaning enemies don't attack you when you run ahead of your gun users) or 6X doesn't matter, but you need one of the two. Both probably guarantees the gold.

Even with that, I just failed a gold by 70 coins. 70 fucking coins, because an AI player randomly got those coins from the boss and I didn't. This is such a stupid achievement.

Honestly I'm pretty sure the medals are glitched or something, since I got 39k on Dark Bowerstone (37K required for gold), and I still only have a silver medal floating above level select:confused:.

And I recently checked the leaderboards, and non of the top ten players have the achievement for all gold medals, I know its only been out a day but there is usually atleast a few people who blitz it and complete it crazy quick.

all levels mean the cloud to which is not available yet.

Anyone tried with 4 controllers?

ok sorry for double post but i found a great tip I have 3 characters with no abilites and i don't roll for abilities for them this gives you more kill coins and bosses take longer so more hit coins.
That's a good idea but it kinda requires you to know it before you start the game... The best setup is to have 3 unleveled gun/magic guys. The problem with your AI buddies isn't that they kill the enemies, but the fact that their melee weapons means they're right on the money when it drops and they end up stealing it.

I'm just going to drop this and wait for someone to come up with a good method or for Lionhead to notice that something's just wrong with the gold medals.

That's a good idea but it kinda requires you to know it before you start the game... The best setup is to have 3 unleveled gun/magic guys. The problem with your AI buddies isn't that they kill the enemies, but the fact that their melee weapons means they're right on the money when it drops and they end up stealing it.

I'm just going to drop this and wait for someone to come up with a good method or for Lionhead to notice that something's just wrong with the gold medals.

it works really well with me and now im in a gold streak with 5 tosses everytime I get the good abilities every time.

You can always reset your characters if you aren't that far with them.

Also, which character would you recommend when going for gold?

Edited by xhunterrrr

I recommend garth, high fire rate when maxxed out, plent of damage and easy to avoid being hit, i racked up 3 times the gold requirement on a few levels now
Can you post your exact method and help us out, though? I can't even get gold on level 1! Three times I've been 500-70 coins off now and I'm getting sick of trying...but people are posting they're getting DOUBLE the requirement and I'm like WTF :confused:

Can you post your exact method and help us out, though? I can't even get gold on level 1! Three times I've been 500-70 coins off now and I'm getting sick of trying...but people are posting they're getting DOUBLE the requirement and I'm like WTF :confused:

1) are you using a fully leveled character and using the inter tiles (gold magnet, etc)?

2) are you allies lower levels than you?

3) are you rolling away and keeping your multiplier up?

you've probably considered those 3 options but that's the key. I'm having difficulty too getting some of the later levels but if you can use a maxed character, it will go along way! smash boxes, hit enemies than pick up their coins. no real tricks, just patience and a little luck at first.

Yes to all except 2; my allies are not lower level but they're all gun/magic users. My idea is that they can help me kill, as I don't need to kill everything to keep the multiplier up, and them being ranged means they're not close enough to steal the money from me.

Can I reset specific characters? I like my maxed Hero.

Easy way is play the first level and go for as much gold as possible, after this you should have 3-4 Dice Roll.

You should also have a maxxed out character

You should roll and get some inner board perks

Mainly your looking to not lose you Multiplier if hit and +1 to the multiplier max

Others that will help is the gold automatically coming to you and also being invisible if you miss out on not losing multiplies

I use Garth as main so i rarely get hit anyway.

I use 3 AI characters who do not have any upgrades or at least not many

I recommend going with the boss route on every level except Hobbe Cave as im sure you get more if you finish first which is very easy to do

Also make sure to open all chest and shoot all barrels/presents that provide more gold coins

You should have4-5 dice after every level once you have done your first gold so getting the right stuff on the inner board should be relatively guaranteed

Thanks guys, but I just don't get it. This isn't my first rodeo in a multiplier/score-based game so, of course, I'm keeping my multiplier up and picking up everything I possibly can, but my best score is still 70 coins short of gold. What piece am I missing to get something insane like double the required score?

I think one of my gun guys is basically maxed out so I could make a run with my gun guy and my 3 least-leveled characters to see if that helps, but I'm thinking something's still missing for me.

How about difficulty, guys? I'm using challenging but neither of you mentioned it, are you doing normal to make maintaining the multiplier easier?

Also you might wanna look at editing your first post and changing the name of the thread, this is a family game and some people might not like to see profanity, although i don't mind it but it's just a thought
I see where you're coming from but this is pretty much an adult forum. I'd edit if we were on Xbox.com or something where it's more likely that there are kids.