PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
Subscribe    Donate

Old 02-21-2012, 02:55 PM   #31
FiReStOrM^

xFiRe5tOrMx's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cafcnickdugay View Post
I'm relatively new to this game... Completed it on normal difficulty yesterday.

Going for the dog tags now.

Just got into Deck-A, crew's quarters on Very Easy mode, and was just wondering what you do when guards refuse to give you the tags? I have stood there and then read that you are supposed to fire at them, but all I have is the M9 tranquilizer so all it does it send them to sleep! What is the best way around this?

EDIT: Ok, I've found the USP. However, I would also like to ask, if you kill one of the guards before you've gotten their dog tags, is there another way to get it? Will they reappear at any point? I've just killed who I believe to be Eric Bravo on Deck A Crew's Lounge by breaking his neck and I haven't picked up his tags yet.
I wouldn't think they would come back m8, but i havent played this since PS2 and cannot remember. Moral is, don't kill them, and why kill them anyway :P I just wanted to say it may be worth mentioning that you can wake enemies up with the coolant spray on Plant chapter, very useful if you have trouble getting to a certain enemy or if there is 2 close proximity. of course you can wake up by constantly picking them up and dropping them, but the coolant is much better
FiReStOrM^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 02:58 PM   #32
cafcnickdugay

Dooguy's Gamercard
Luckily enough I was able to get that guy again.

However, I have another question haha. As I'm leaving the engine room, there is a bit where a guard comes out (just before the explosives that you have to shoot) and says hes about to patrol the small room. I botched this and had to tranquilize him, however, he has not reappeared again as yet and I don't know if there is a way for him to reappear without restarting the game...
cafcnickdugay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 03:20 PM   #33
jackofblades

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Very Easy Dog tags 20 and 22? looked all over hold 1 and 3 for these 2

anyone know where these ones are hiding?

jackofblades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 03:21 PM   #34
FiReStOrM^

xFiRe5tOrMx's Gamercard

Yeah he doesn't reappear. if you have a save file from before you have to load that, or play again. ;/ what happened with the other guy? for future reference.
Old 02-21-2012, 11:52 PM   #35
cafcnickdugay

Dooguy's Gamercard
Have you climbed across the railings?

In hold one, go down the first ladder, then by the second ladder jump down and grip across the railings all the way to the north side (up to where the screen is), then jump over the railings and one of your guards is there. Then do the same in Hold 2, then the other one you're looking for is in Hold 3 on the top floor.
cafcnickdugay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 01:06 AM   #36
jackofblades

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cafcnickdugay View Post
Have you climbed across the railings?

In hold one, go down the first ladder, then by the second ladder jump down and grip across the railings all the way to the north side (up to where the screen is), then jump over the railings and one of your guards is there. Then do the same in Hold 2, then the other one you're looking for is in Hold 3 on the top floor.
no wasnt aware that i could have done thanks

jackofblades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 01:32 AM   #37
FiReStOrM^

xFiRe5tOrMx's Gamercard

I couldn't think where you were talking about :/

Now i realise. Yes when you first start off either drop down and grab, or go down the first ladder then jump over and shimmey all the way along. wait till he moves and jump up.

Shimmey along to hold 3 and he is right infront of you.

[I know cafcnickdugay said this all anyway but what I really wanted to add was]: Remember you need either FULL HEALTH or LVL.2 Grip otherwise you won't make it to the end of each hold.
Old 02-22-2012, 11:51 PM   #38
AdamVG-R

Send a message via MSN to AdamVG-R Send a message via Yahoo to AdamVG-R Send a message via Skype™ to AdamVG-R

CursedTimelord's Gamercard
So I'm starting to get the dog tags on the Tanker on Very Easy and have got upto the engine room, any text guide says there should be 5 dog tags to get, yet i've only found 4. The one I'm missing is Jeff A Saylor Jr. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Oh and also, can't find Darryl F Kemp in Hold no 3.

Last edited by AdamVG-R; 02-23-2012 at 12:37 AM.
AdamVG-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 02:47 AM   #39
FiReStOrM^

xFiRe5tOrMx's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamVG-R View Post
So I'm starting to get the dog tags on the Tanker on Very Easy and have got upto the engine room, any text guide says there should be 5 dog tags to get, yet i've only found 4. The one I'm missing is Jeff A Saylor Jr. Any help would be appreciated.
I just ran half way through tanker on v.easy to check for you until i remembered i already done it, so there are no tags lol.

The most obvious one I can think of is when you get to the part where you have to disable the explosives, there is a short cutscene and a guy comes out and says into his radio somethin about fixing the door. if you miss him or die and continue he doesn't come back.

There is another that is a one shot deal and that is when you first get to the area (when you see the shadow of raven). He is right infront of you standing at the railing as you go through the door. Like the other if you die and continue he doesn't come back.

Quote:
Oh and also, can't find Darryl F Kemp in Hold no 3.
Again the only one I can think of is the one just before the pole you can slide down. When you enter the holds go down the first ladder then jump over the fence and shimmey along. There is a marine above. Get him then go through to hold 2 and do the same again to hold 3 and there is the guy.

Did you get those 2?

If it wasn't that one there is another one I can think of buy can't remember if it was on very easy... there is one that appears in front of the commandant who is giving the speech, but from what i remember he isn't instantly there. for me i had to goto hold 2 and back I think. if this one is on v.easy it's most likely the one you missed.

Edit: After looking at my list, i see only 2 are in Hold 3 on v.easy.. So there is the one before you get to the firemans pole you can go down, as I mentioned above, and the second is pretty much directly under this one. From what I recall he is standing the same spot constantly nodding off. I remember on Extreme he moved but on normal and below he is sleeping.

Hope that helps some..

Last edited by FiReStOrM^; 02-23-2012 at 02:52 AM.
Old 02-23-2012, 03:18 PM   #40
AdamVG-R

Send a message via MSN to AdamVG-R Send a message via Yahoo to AdamVG-R Send a message via Skype™ to AdamVG-R

CursedTimelord's Gamercard
I missed the first guy near Raven. I defo got the guy sleeping to the right of RAY, so the 2nd guy in Hold 3 must be near the commandant, but there's a whole squad there lol.

Ah, he was on the upstairs ledge. But he's an one-shot guy too I think cos I looked there last nite and he wasnt there.

Thanks

Last edited by AdamVG-R; 02-23-2012 at 08:39 PM.
AdamVG-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 01:10 AM   #41
FiReStOrM^

xFiRe5tOrMx's Gamercard

Quote:
I missed the first guy near Raven. I defo got the guy sleeping to the right of RAY, so the 2nd guy in Hold 3 must be near the commandant, but there's a whole squad there lol.

Ah, he was on the upstairs ledge. But he's an one-shot guy too I think cos I looked there last nite and he wasnt there.

Thanks
The one you needed was the one on the catwalk above the guy who is sleeping next to ray (before you go down the pole)? If so he isn't one shot deal, he's always there so I dunno why he wasn't there for you before.

You got them anyway that's what matters.
Old 02-24-2012, 04:37 AM   #42
FiReStOrM^

xFiRe5tOrMx's Gamercard

Found an actual tag WALKTHROUGH for Plant (all difficulties). The text guide link provided is very useful, but this one might be more appreciated by some.

http://psxcodez.dlh.net/chtdb/psxfaq.php?plain=25256

Another thing that could be useful
Quote:
Thermal goggles will enable you to see whether or not a soldier has a dog tag

Last edited by FiReStOrM^; 02-24-2012 at 07:34 PM.
Old 03-01-2012, 01:29 AM   #43
Krayte

Kraytey's Gamercard
Dog tag 22 on Hold 3 in the tanker isn't there, have i just wasted my time playing on very easy to get the tags? Literally going to have to start again and just fucking hope he's there this time fml.

EDIT: Found other people posting about this in ps2 version in other forums, no answers. Please someone who know's what they're talking about reply, don't want to have to troll round the Internet like an asshole asking questions no one knows the answer to.

Last edited by Krayte; 03-01-2012 at 01:41 AM.
Krayte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 11:32 AM   #44
KILLBOT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krayte View Post
Dog tag 22 on Hold 3 in the tanker isn't there, have i just wasted my time playing on very easy to get the tags? Literally going to have to start again and just fucking hope he's there this time fml.

EDIT: Found other people posting about this in ps2 version in other forums, no answers. Please someone who know's what they're talking about reply, don't want to have to troll round the Internet like an asshole asking questions no one knows the answer to.
I don't know the answer your question, but you do know that you don't need to collect 100% of the dog tags to get the achievement don't you?

I apologise if I'm stating the obvious. =)
KILLBOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 01:27 PM   #45
Krayte

Kraytey's Gamercard
Yeah just found this out :P. Have a feeling that i didn't make it to him in time due to exploring the wrong side in hold 1. Going to speed through rest of game, get achievements then get this tag at the end to satisfy the completionist in me .
Krayte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 02:39 PM   #46
aspa

a s p a's Gamercard
Hey guys, I've just found this on youtube, might be useful.. since the guy is playing the HD version.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzhKYuhtlUo
aspa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 03:10 PM   #47
Refused I

Refused II's Gamercard
I've decided I'm going to 1000 this game, this achievement had previously put me off going for the completion.

I'll definitely be a regular visitor to this thread for the next few weeks
Refused I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 02:24 AM   #48
HalleBuried77

HalleBuried77's Gamercard
This is absolutely insane! for some reason i feel the need to get them all
HalleBuried77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 04:21 AM   #49
protozerox

protozerox's Gamercard
Ah thanks for the guide!
protozerox is offline   Reply With Quote