Wow, what the hell is with the loading times on this game?

MaicoWin

I just installed both discs to the hard drive last night, and I started the game. I saw the intro, and then I picked two dialog choices of get the hell out of here, and that's an order or something, and then I quit out to the main menu so that I could pick the other two choices to see what it would say differently. Well, it was loading for like two minutes before I quit to the dashboard.

I loaded the game up again, this time I watched the intro, but the screen went black and didn't go to the part with the Normandy under attack where I could pick the two dialog choices, the music was still playing though, so I went to the menu to quit out again. This time I waited for like 10 minutes before I shut off the XBox and went to sleep. What the hell is wrong with this game? I was reading another post about re-hacking terminals for extra money and how someone said it would be a pain in the ass to save before every terminal just to load it again if you missed it because of the loading times, and now I see why.

^^^lol that signature is goddamn halarious.

On Topic : i agree that the load times in this game get aggrivating, especially if you are touring the normandy to chat with the crew. but wtf would you quit out at the first 2 minutes of the game, just to see what the other dialogue option said!? lol, that has to be the most random thing i have ever heard. chances are you will do another playthru anyway, and you'll have to watch all those scenes before you can get to that dialogue tree again.

I just installed both discs to the hard drive last night, and I started the game. I saw the intro, and then I picked two dialog choices of get the hell out of here, and that's an order or something, and then I quit out to the main menu so that I could pick the other two choices to see what it would say differently. Well, it was loading for like two minutes before I quit to the dashboard.

I loaded the game up again, this time I watched the intro, but the screen went black and didn't go to the part with the Normandy under attack where I could pick the two dialog choices, the music was still playing though, so I went to the menu to quit out again. This time I waited for like 10 minutes before I shut off the XBox and went to sleep. What the hell is wrong with this game? I was reading another post about re-hacking terminals for extra money and how someone said it would be a pain in the ass to save before every terminal just to load it again if you missed it because of the loading times, and now I see why.

It's better than it was when you were on the Citadel or Noveria in the original Mass Effect. Walk two inches, wait a minute for the elevator, walk another two inches, use another elevator, walk another two inches, oh look another elevator. At least with Mass Effect 2 whenever it loads you get a lot of game whereas in Mass Effect you got more loading screens than game. The only thing that made Mass Effect elevator loading screens worth the time was for the fact they usually gave you a side-quest or revealed more of the world.

It's better than it was when you were on the Citadel or Noveria in the original Mass Effect. Walk two inches, wait a minute for the elevator, walk another two inches, use another elevator, walk another two inches, oh look another elevator. At least with Mass Effect 2 whenever it loads you get a lot of game whereas in Mass Effect you got more loading screens than game. The only thing that made Mass Effect elevator loading screens worth the time was for the fact they usually gave you a side-quest or revealed more of the world.

Aw, but what about the banter? lol I loved having Wrex and the Garrus on the elevator, only thing that wouldn't make me turn off the xbox on the damned c-sec to docking bay elevator.. Was it just me or did it seem like c-sec was about a mile under the docking bay lol

Aw, but what about the banter? lol I loved having Wrex and the Garrus on the elevator, only thing that wouldn't make me turn off the xbox on the damned c-sec to docking bay elevator.. Was it just me or did it seem like c-sec was about a mile under the docking bay lol

The banter and side-quests you got were the only things that made it worth it. Aside from that I was ready to quit every time I saw an elevator and knew that was the only way to progress. I thought every elevator was more than a mile from where-ever it took you.