Gears of War: Annex Challenge Bracket/Results

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m254/Crash_27/GearsBracket.png

THE OFFICIAL X360A GEARS OF WAR: ANNEX TOURNAMENT CHALLENGE

Buttcheeks, Hellzmanik, & NoDogg, the X360A Gears of War: Execution Tournament Champions would like to challenge the X360A community to a new challenge. A Gears of War: Annex Tournament. So get your teams together and let’s have some fun!

TOURNAMENT RULES:

The tournament will begin on Saturday, May 5th 2007. Each Round will be scheduled for every Saturday following until the tournament has completed. Team captains are responsible for sending in results to the Tournament Directors via a post in the tournament thread or PM.

Games may be scheduled earlier (but no later) and only if agreed upon by both the team captains. Once there is an agreement this new time must be sent to Crash and Graf1k as confirmation or the original scheduled time will apply. Each team will play one another one time with the best overall win-to-loss ratio taking the overall championship. In the event of a tie one more round will be added for only those that are tied.

Tournament Game Settings:

· Game Type is – Annex.

· Hosting will alternate between teams after each match.

· Hosting gets choice of Cog or Locust team.

· Each week will include 5 maps, 180 seconds per match, first to 3 rounds won. Maps will be picked randomly for each week.

· Each map played will be set to 1 round, and after that round, will then go to the next map until someone has won 3.

· Match will be first to 180 points

· Bleedout time will be set to 10 seconds.

· 5 maps will be exclude: RavenDown, BulletMarsh, Garden, Process, Subway.

· No glitches will be permitted. Any use of them will result in forfiet of the round. These include but are not limited to:

. · Weapon Sliding

. · Leaving the map

. · Chainsaw with anything but Lancer

. · Unlimited Grenades

. · Run-n-Gun

. · Run While Chainsawing

· No Substitutions!

Teams:

1) Buttcheeks, Hellzmanik, NoDogg, Gunstar Chaos

2) L3giOn x360a, Spartan x360a, B Easy x360a, Crash XTR

3) Shady x360a, VyperRob x360a, therocktjb, AceAssassin2565

4) ZoSo x360a, Predator x360a, Deathbypig37x, TSJ Conviction

5) J Lo x360a, atOl Champion, Birky69, Fartmaster UEO

Please only post results in this thread.

For discussion go here!

Match-ups

Week 1 (Clocktower, Mausoleum, Escalation, Old Bones, Canals)

Buttcheeks vs J Lo x360a

L3gion x360a vs ZoSo x360a

Shady x360a vs Bye Week

Week 2 (War Machine, Rooftops, Mansion, Gridlock, Fuel Depot)

Buttcheeks vs Shady x360a

L3gion x360a vs Bye Week

J Lo x360a vs ZoSo x360a

Week 3 (Tyro Station, Canals, Mansion, Rooftops, Old Bones)

Buttcheeks vs Bye Week

Legion x360a vs J Lo x360a

Shady x360a vs ZoSo x360a

Week 4 (Fuel Depot, Escalation, Clocktower, War Machine, Gridlock)

Buttcheeks vs ZoSo x360a

L3gion x360a vs Shady x360a

J Lo x360a vs Bye Week

Week 5 (Mausoleum, Tyro Station, Gridlock, War Machine, Mansion)

Buttcheeks vs L3gion x360a

Shady x360a vs J Lo x360a

ZoSo x360a vs Bye Week

Week 1

Buttcheeks vs J Lo x360a

Buttcheeks hosted the first match on Clocktower and won by about 36 (180-144.) Hellzmanik disconnected early in the match and came back late, but Buttcheeks' team still managed to win.

J Lo x360a hosted the second match on Escalation and won by 20 (180-160.) One of J Lo x360a's teammates couldn't join the game, so it was a 4 on 3 match for the entire game.

Buttcheeks hosted the third match on Old Bones and won 180-0 since Fartmaster UEO didn't have the new maps and wasn't in there for half of the match.

J Lo x360a hosted the fourth match on Canals and lost by 53 (180-127.) We were down a player here also since Fartmaster UEO could not join for one reason or another.

Final Score: 3-1 Buttcheeks wins.

In my opinion, the matches weren't all that fair because of Fartmaster UEO's incidents. Well, I suppose there is nothing we can do about it now. :(

It also sucks that we can't have player substitutions because Fartmaster UEO cannot join anyone of our teammates' matches for who knows what reason. Since there is no player substitutions, we will be having to play 4 on 3 half of the time, which is unfair also. Well, all I can do now is leave this in the hands of Crash.

Match-ups

Week 1 (Clocktower, Mausoleum, Escalation, Old Bones, Canals)

L3gion x360a (3-0) vs ZoSo x360a (0-3)

1st match: L3gion x360a (180) vs ZoSo x360a (19)

2nd match: L3gion x360a (180) vs ZoSo x360a (0)

3rd match: L3gion x360a (180) vs ZoSo x360a (37)

Note: These are roughly what the scores were, from memory, I am only certain of the 2nd match for sure, if you have the "official" results, L3gion, feel free to update but these are pretty close, if not exactly what they were.

@Crash - If it is not too much trouble can you please change the team captain to be me. I see you already have a sweet bracket graphic done and all, so I hope that it isn't too much of a bother...Thanks!

Week 2 (War Machine, Rooftops, Mansion, Gridlock, Fuel Depot)

J Lo x360a vs ZoSo x360a

1st match: ZoSo x360a (180) vs J Lo x360a (60)

2nd match: ZoSo x360a (171) vs J Lo x360a (180)

3rd match: ZoSo x360a (180) vs J Lo x360a (90)

4th match: ZoSo x360a (110) vs J Lo x360a (180)

5th match: ZoSo x360a (180) vs J Lo x360a (20)

Result: ZoSo x360a wins 3-2

Week 3 (Tyro Station, Canals, Mansion, Rooftops, Old Bones)

Shady x360a vs ZoSo x360a

1st match: ZoSo x360a (180) vs Shady x360a (8)

2nd match: ZoSo x360a (180) vs Shady x360a (0)

3rd match: ZoSo x360a (130) vs Shady x360a (180)

4th match: ZoSo x360a (141) vs Shady x360a (180)

5th match: ZoSo x360a (180) vs Shady x360a (141)

Result: ZoSo x360a wins 3-2

Game Notes: No Shady/Ace or DeathbyPig/Predator, Rocket was a good sport and played the 1st (2) by himself then VyperRob showed up for the last (3) matches, which were great games and I had a lot of fun.

Extra Credit: TSJ even helped me beat RAAM after we played so I could finally get Insane, Thanks man!!!

Well I decided not to even show up, sorry. I was going to send messages to the 2 remaining teammates of mine but they both had deleted me from there friend lists. So I just decided I didn't give a fuck anymore. I don't know how the tournament directors want to handle it but my team is out of the tournament. I'm VERY sorry for any inconveniences. You can count us as a free win if you want, seeing as we didn't win any game anyways. So again I apologize for my team not showing up and good luck to any other teams still in.

• 3 weeks later...