DATDA Classroom Glitch?

EDIT: I found out how to erase patches. Never mind!

I've been posting this around as I haven't yet heard if anyone else has encountered this problem.

I'm currently at 98% completion with all the SIP dealt with and 199/200 Gold Bricks and 160/167 Character Tokens. When I enter the Defense Against the Dark Arts Classroom, the game hits the loading screen and then goes to black and I have to manually turn off my console to reboot.

I've encountered this on two separate game discs and unless I can get in there (and Pendulum Row) I can't complete the game.

A similar issue on the PS3 version was talked about here:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/960494-lego-harry-potter-years-1-4/57431036

But if that's the solution (removing the patch that fixed everything else; which is fine as I got those things already), does anyone know how to do that? I've never deleted updates on my system (can you?)

If you've gotten 100% post-patch, would you mind also letting me know if the room is glitched for you as well? I don't really want to waste the time to get all the way through the game again just to find out that the room is still glitched permanently (when not in story mode).

Thanks!

Edited by NoCluePythons19

• 9 months later...

I just discovered that I have this problem, of not being able to enter the DATDA classroom with like 98.3% left... I tried searching the internet, leading me to threads like this... all of them were talking about erasing the patch that fixes the glitches in the game. Um, could you explain how to do that, since you figured it out? Everything I have found for actually fixing the patch is for PS3 or clearing the cache on the XBOX (which didn't work)... Unfortunately I did already restart my game, but.. for future reference, I'd like to know how to get rid of the patch just in case! Thanks