Your Favourite Gaming Genre

Ninja Eagle

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RPGs (Mainly western style but I still enjoy all kinds)

Fighting (Both 3D and 2D but ultimately 2D is preferred)

Sandbox (GTAs, Saints rows, Red Dead etc..)

I probably play more shooters though as they tend to be easy to just pick and play. Its no where near my favorite genre though.

Tomb Raider isn't a 3rd person shooter. It's an adventure/platformer/puzzle franchise.

In general I see a lot of confusion surrounding genres. I see people reference Red Dead and GTA as RPGs instead of sandbox quite often. lol

Edited by KillerBEA

Tomb Raider isn't a 3rd person shooter. It's an adventure/platformer/puzzle franchise.

Here Gackt read this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Third_person_shooter#History and you will see that a lot of people consider Tomb Raider to be a third person shooter. Some even consider it the game that popularized the genre.

In the new Tomb Raider game there is a lot more gun fighting in it than puzzles.

People would be surprised that "Free-Roam" isn't a genre of games, lol. Everyone who is saying Sleeping Dogs, Red Dead Redemption, and GTA IV as Sandbox/Free-Roam...might wanna check again, they're considered Action games, almost Action/Adventure. Anyways...

FPS (Halo, Crysis, Modern Warfare)

Action/Sandbox (Mafia II, GTA, Red Dead, L.A. Noire, Assassin's Creed, Max Payne)

Western RPG's (mainly Bethesda's Fallout & TES)

Edited by BiggD

Action/Adventure

Sandbox

Good Story ( I'll play any type if it has a good story.)

Third Person Shooter

Action/Adventure

Hack N Slash

Beat Em Ups.

My all time favourite Third person shooter is the Tomb Raider franchise.

Have all tomb raider games that have been released on XBox 360 (except the new one). I have yet to start that series.