Left4Dead - Could be Defective

LeftforDead

It could be your system, It could be a defective disk.

We just got this game and it froze while loading.

Returned it to to a completely different Target store in case that one had a bunch of defective ones, and the same thing happened to the new game.

Called Xbox and spoke to a supervisor named Albert. At first he said there is nothing he can do, take it back and get another one..

I told him I googled and found tons of others having this same issue.

He then admitted that XBOX is AWARE of this problem and management is having meetings about it.

What ticks me off, and I told him, is that they are aware of this defect, yet still selling it. (Guess that's way it was on sale )

They should recall it!!! IMO

Said EA is not part of Xbox so they can not refund my money on this defective game..

So we are stuck with a $60 game that does not work!! Very upset about this.

I did ask Albert to let corporate know about my call, and that I would like an answer. I did ask for corporates # to call and discuss this, but Albert said, he can not give me that.

I also emailed EA, waiting to hear back. I called them and was on hold for 20 minutes then hung up...

I will keep you posted on this highly kept secret..

****DON"T BUY THIS GAME AT THIS TIME - IT COULD BE DEFECTIVE*****

I feel like we have been LEFT FOR DEAD!!!

Edited by LeftforDead

It is not your system. It is a defective disk.

We just got this game and it froze while loading.

Returned it to to a completely different Target store in case that one had a bunch of defective ones, and the same thing happened to the new game.

Called Xbox and spoke to a supervisor named Albert. At first he said there is nothing he can do, take it back and get another one..

I told him I googled and found tons of others having this same issue.

He then admitted that XBOX is AWARE of this problem and management is having meetings about it.

What ticks me off, and I told him, is that they are aware of this defect, yet still selling it. (Guess that's way it was on sale )

They should recall it!!! IMO

Said EA is not part of Xbox so they can not refund my money on this defective game..

So we are stuck with a $60 game that does not work!! Very upset about this.

I did ask Albert to let corporate know about my call, and that I would like an answer. I did ask for corporates # to call and discuss this, but Albert said, he can not give me that.

I also emailed EA, waiting to hear back. I called them and was on hold for 20 minutes then hung up...

I will keep you posted on this highly kept secret..

****DON"T BUY THIS GAME AT THIS TIME - IT COULD BE DEFECTIVE*****

I feel like we have been LEFT FOR DEAD!!!

I hate to dissapoint you but nothing happened when you called.

You message was not given to corporate.

They will not call you back.

All that corporate will ever see is that you called in about a "3rd Party Game". (Thats the drop down menu they have in the MS database software). Sure, Albert may have puts some notes in about the issue but it just goes in a database with about 50 million other things that people have called in about.

Albert was right though, you need to talk to your retailer. With enough bitching and complaining you will get what you want with Target. Just go there and demand to speak to the store manager and explain of this wide spread issue with Left 4 Dead and that EA and MS refuse to help you.

Hope this helps.

My disk is dodgy as hell, it frooze on me all the time, when I first got it it would bareley last 5 minutes before freezing. There are 3 things you can do.

1. install to your HDD this is what I did and it has been fine ever since.

2. Go back to your store and keep bitchin, in the UK they must replace it under the sales of goods act as long as it is within 28 days. so I presume that USA has a similar thing, just don't leave the store untill you have another copy

3. The disk should also carry a manufacturers warrenty if you check in the back of the manual then there should be a number somewhere which you will be able to call and organise a replacement.

ESJ....

Thanks for the feedback.. I kinda knew Albert would not let corporate know. That is why I posted here and everywhere else I could think of.

But I am in the process of writing them and letting them know.

I also contacted Target this morning . The manager was nice enough to say we could get a different game. He was going to let his corporate office know at Target so that they can pull the games off their shelf!!! YEAH!!

MIKE...

Yes, some games are fine, but there IS a defective bunch on the market.

You were a lucky one!!! LOL:uzi:

With all the money put into these gaming systems, I EXPECT them to work, or at least stand by them.

If Xbox is partners with EA, then they should do something to correct this problem or don't do biz with EA.. Or at least implement some kind of policy regarding the games with EA..

If they won't educate the public about L4D's problem, which they admitted to me that there was one, then I will!!

I hope someone in corporate either sees this post or responds to it..

That would be nice!!

Edited by LeftforDead

Just a few things I want to get off my chest:

1. I can understand you calling Microsoft if you were unsure of the problem, but from reading what you have written it comes across as you already knew it was Left 4 Dead that was defective and not your 360 before you call MS Support. Why not call Valve instead?

2. Although you googled it, how many problems did you actually come across? They won't admit there's a problem with a batch of games unless hundreds if not thousands of people report the same problem. You have stated that the dude admitted to a problem, but I don't like the reliability of someone from Microsoft admitting there's a problem with a game not made by them. Also, I don't think they'd be allowed to admit to a problem of this scale yet allow it to continue to sell at the time of the problem.

3. EA only publish & distribute games produced by Valve for the 360 as far as I'm aware (Please correct me if I'm wrong). In other words, EA take no part in the actual production of the game. I don't know how it works so this isn't a greatly valid point, but being a distributor, I'm unsure as to if they would actually test EVERY copy of Left 4 Dead that comes through them. They may rely on trust with Valve to give them working copies. Like I said though, not really a valid point as it's more of a guess. :p

4. ITS LEFT 4 DEAD! NOT LEFT FOR DEAD! Apologies, but it's a minor annoyance of mine. ;)

My copy has worked great for about a week now, I'm totally satisfied with it. My suggestion is to go back to the store and demand a new copy for free. This is Target, so you will be dealing with a bunch of people who hate their jobs and want to get home. They will listen if you pester enough. If the employees don't do anything ask to see the manager. Wanting to not get and bad points on his record, he will help you out, and everything will be peachy.

Ah i remember the day of Halo 3 launch, i opened up the Blockbuster i used to work at, all the early birds were eagerly awaiting their copy, later in the day at least 20 returned saying their copy was defective. We swapped them out, but no they did not work. I hate to break it you but I can pretty much guarantee that Target will not take Left 4 Dead off the shelve. Halo 3 launch was marred with defective copies and ridiculously designed special edition cases which did not hold the disk and caused them to get scratched, they were not taken off the shelf. these things happen sometimes. At one point or another a faulty batch of something will be released.

Just a few things I want to get off my chest:

1. I can understand you calling Microsoft if you were unsure of the problem, but from reading what you have written it comes across as you already knew it was Left 4 Dead that was defective and not your 360 before you call MS Support. Why not call Valve instead?

I called as we just got the system and it is new. We had a freezing problem with Fable II, got a replacement and all is fine.

Per Xbox support.. They said it is not the system, but the game.

Did not realize that the game was not made from MS until Albert at MS told me this. HE told me to call EA to get it corrected.

2. Although you googled it, how many problems did you actually come across? They won't admit there's a problem with a batch of games unless hundreds if not thousands of people report the same problem. You have stated that the dude admitted to a problem, but I don't like the reliability of someone from Microsoft admitting there's a problem with a game not made by them. Also, I don't think they'd be allowed to admit to a problem of this scale yet allow it to continue to sell at the time of the problem.

They may not be allowed to admit it, but he did!!!

3. EA only publish & distribute games produced by Valve for the 360 as far as I'm aware (Please correct me if I'm wrong). In other words, EA take no part in the actual production of the game. I don't know how it works so this isn't a greatly valid point, but being a distributor, I'm unsure as to if they would actually test EVERY copy of Left 4 Dead that comes through them. They may rely on trust with Valve to give them working copies. Like I said though, not really a valid point as it's more of a guess. :p

Good Guess, and you are probably right!! :woop:;)

4. ITS LEFT 4 DEAD! NOT LEFT FOR DEAD! Apologies, but it's a minor annoyance of mine. ;)

My Name is LEFT FOR DEAD becasue I feel I have been LEFT FOR DEAD!!

:drunk (Get it) LMAO...

In posts, you will see I addressed the game Left4dead... lol

Taking the game to another system tonight. Then I will know for sure if it is the box or the game.. I will keep you posted..

your getting a PR song and dance, target won't pull something from their shelves because 1 customer is bitching, the manager is just letting you exchange for something else to get you to shut your trap and quit causing a scene.

and MS wouldn't break ties w/ EA.

your a speck of sand in an endless beach, they don't much care if 1 grain has a problem.

The game is already worthless if you don't have 3 friends with mics+ XBL + online at the same time.

Still idk any store that doesn't let you swap for the same thing, pretty sure you are being a drama queen over nothing. I've had defective new games from gamestop/bestbuy/target and always swapped free. (same game tho)

Yes.. The stores will let you exchange it, but my point was I already exchanged it and the new one is freezing. How many times do I need to keep going back to exchange it. Ya know...

We did try a friends machine and it loaded fine? So we are sending back the Xbox we got for Chirstmas...:( What a PITA... :drunk

I'm sure Mr. Albert let Bill himself know about your very importan call.

He did... Bill called this morning and said he would get a new system out to me today!!!

Anyway.. All I wanted to do was let you all know that there may have been a problem with this game. And apparently there is per MS.

All those that think that little specs of sand can't make a difference, I feel bad for you.

Yes, I posted when I was mad.

Tired of accepting products that are brand new and don't work.

It will never get better for any of us if we lower our standards and accept that new games or products may not work.

I purchased a brand new Xbox for Christmas , and it does not work.. Not acceptable in my book.

We may be little specs of sand, but together we can create a sandstorm!!! LOL:ass

Thanks for all you help and listienng to my "drama".. :drunk lol

Edited by LeftforDead

your riding the other peoples sandstorm, for the console replacement anyway, besides your covered under the 90day warranty anyway, so posh on that little spec of sand.

rome wasn't built in a day, nor was it built by drama queens.

LmAO, bill doesn't even goto 'work' anymore, he's just a flippin face for the company. so i'm sure he called you right up, you'll stop and have coffee w/ him tomorrow too i bet?

not acceptable in your book, be glad for your warranty, good day sir.

your riding the other peoples sandstorm, for the console replacement anyway, besides your covered under the 90day warranty anyway, so posh on that little spec of sand.

rome wasn't built in a day, nor was it built by drama queens.

LmAO, bill doesn't even goto 'work' anymore, he's just a flippin face for the company. so i'm sure he called you right up, you'll stop and have coffee w/ him tomorrow too i bet?

not acceptable in your book, be glad for your warranty, good day sir.

What a gullible and playful little smurff you are!!!