The Best Games of the Generation

AlexQuint

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will agree on World at War,the only COD game I ever liked. The rest were dumb. (I'm sure if I played MW1 when it came out I would have liked it,but it feels like all the other COD games now)

I've played most of the COD games, (except BOII & MW3) and I must say, I agree; loved, loved. loved that last level in WaW - one of my favourite sniping levels in ANY FPS game so far!!!

Fallout 3 ruined the whole list for you? :p

Don't forget I also said

GTA IV,RDR,Bioshock,New Vegas,LA Noir,God of war III were on the list too. :p Gackt said Duke nukem forever was over rated ? Thats a compliment cause I love that game for bargain bin price I paid for it. Not as bad as everyone made it out to be,not worth full retail at all though. :Bounce:

Gackt was lucky I never played Oblivion before and can't comment on Skyrim as I'm only 5 hours in but really like it so far. ;)

My top game of the decade (2000 - 2010). This is only my opinion:

Assassin's Creed 2

If I were to include games from 2010, I would have thrown Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, Battlefield Bad Company 2 and maybe even Just Cause 2 in there. Those were some pretty fun games.

NOTE: This is only from games I played, and I didn't play a lot.

COD 4 was brilliant, but I never got into the mutliplayer like I did with MW2.

Ahh, really? It was so much better and more enjoyable.

Here Here....miss those days.

Carmona knows what I mean. It was a fresh, new, addictive FPS with great Multiplayer.

Unlike MW2, the original Modern Warfare was fair in terms of weapons, maps, and - most importantly - killstreaks. How is it fair to have your killstreaks on MW2 a Harrier that will get 10+ kills for your AC130, which will get you 6+ kills, and then a Nuke? That's fucking stupid. UAV, Airstrike, and Chopper was all you needed.

Damn, do I miss playing that game with my friends </3

Ahh, really? It was so much better and more enjoyable.

Carmona knows what I mean. It was a fresh, new, addictive FPS with great Multiplayer.

Unlike MW2, the original Modern Warfare was fair in terms of weapons, maps, and - most importantly - killstreaks. How is it fair to have your killstreaks on MW2 a Harrier that will get 10+ kills for your AC130, which will get you 6+ kills, and then a Nuke? That's fucking stupid. UAV, Airstrike, and Chopper was all you needed.

Damn, do I miss playing that game with my friends </3

too bad it's a mess now, otherwise I'd get a group to play now. Heck honestly if we had some other people interested I would give it a try.

too bad it's a mess now, otherwise I'd get a group to play now. Heck honestly if we had some other people interested I would give it a try.

Hmm, personally I still tried to get into MW3 with the same group of friends, but IW tried changing too much, in terms of weapon customization and killstreaks, that it made the online play horrible really.

And off topic, but I'm sure if my group of friends still gamed as often as they used to, Ghosts would be something interesting in trying out.

I just wish Call of Duty didn't change so much from the original.

Hmm, personally I still tried to get into MW3 with the same group of friends, but IW tried changing too much, in terms of weapon customization and killstreaks, that it made the online play horrible really.

And off topic, but I'm sure if my group of friends still gamed as often as they used to, Ghosts would be something interesting in trying out.

Nope....Black Ops 2 was the last time I will be sucked into paying full price for a COD game.

The one thing I noticed with MW3 is that it's almost more enjoyable to play on your own then with a group of people (TDM anyway)

Nope....Black Ops 2 was the last time I will be sucked into paying full price for a COD game.

The one thing I noticed with MW3 is that it's almost more enjoyable to play on your own then with a group of people (TDM anyway)

Never bothered with that one, glad I didn't!

And I don't think I ever bothered to play that one solo, so if that was truly one of the only enjoyable ways to experience the MP, than I missed out :p

Gah... Awesome video. Definitely a trip down nostalgia road. Out of the ones I saw, (and sorry for the long list), my favorites were:

Oblivion, Skyrim, GRAW, Zelda: Twilight Princess, SSB: Brawl, Castle Crashers, Gears Series, Halo Series, Mass Effect Series, Battlefield 1943, Bad Company 2, BF3, RDR, Limbo, COD 4: MW, Black Ops, Assassins Creed Series, Need for Speed series, Dead Space series, Portal 2, Crysis Series, LA Noire, Borderlands series, The Walking Dead (Telltale), BioShock Infinite, and even though they weren't listed, Darksiders, Ninja Gaiden 2 and 3: Razors Edge, and FF13

But it was the fact that COD did change from the original that gave you the Modern Warfare that you find to be the best of the series. If COD didn't do major changes we'd still be playing in WWII with preset loadouts with no perks or killstreaks. (And COD would be a much better series in that case, IMO).

I for one actually enjoy Black Ops 2. While the MP isn't the very best, it's MILES ahead of MW3. I can play it dolo and with friends and have a great time either way.

I don't know what dolo is, but it's probably why I hate that game so much. :p Besides, no offence but you are the age type the game is meant for.

But it was the fact that COD did change from the original that gave you the Modern Warfare that you find to be the best of the series. If COD didn't do major changes we'd still be playing in WWII with preset loadouts with no perks or killstreaks. (And COD would be a much better series in that case, IMO).

he meant the original MW.

I don't know what dolo is, but it's probably why I hate that game so much. :p Besides, no offence but you are the age type the game is meant for.

Curse this iPod's keyboard! Making me look like an idiot since I got it! :p

Lol I hop you don't take me as a raging twelve year old who calls people "bro" just because my age starts with '1'. :p

I'm 26 and enjoy black ops 2 age means nothing.

Age is just a number....MOST of the Black Ops community acts like 12 year olds reguardless of age....besides Black Ops 2 is by far the WORST Call of Duty game to date.

Curse this iPod's keyboard! Making me look like an idiot since I got it! :p

Lol I hop you don't take me as a raging twelve year old who calls people "bro" just because my age starts with '1'. :p

As long as you don't sing in your mic or scream like an idiot I am fine.

Yeah, as Carmona said, I was referring to Modern Warfare, not Call of Duty or Call of Duty 2. Sorry about that, lol. But yeah, the killstreaks and over-emphasis on customizable weapons is what destroyed CoD for me.

Age is just a number....MOST of the Black Ops community acts like 12 year olds reguardless of age....besides Black Ops 2 is by far the WORST Call of Duty game to date.

Agreed 328773% on both thoughts. I feel as though 75% of the people who play Call of Duty are immature and loud, regardless of age. And after playing a couple rounds of Black Ops II at my cousins house over Christmas, I can say with confidence that the game is awful.

As long as you don't sing in your mic or scream like an idiot I am fine.

I'd disagree I'd have to say mw3 was the worst.