A Rumble Roses Achievement Diary

graemelunn

Well, as mentioned in a reply in anoter thread, I have got tired of seeing Rumble Roses being a blot on my Gamercard. I WILL have 1000 out of this thing if it kills me. I am now just entering my 16th hour and have so far won two singles titles for a total score of 20gs! Trying to unlock plenty of stuff and head towards that elusive SHOP COMPLETE achievement. So, 2 pizzas, 5 cups of tea and 5 bottles of Stella l8er and I have 20gs for my efforts so far. Christ this is going to be hard work, but now I've started I'm determined to finish it !! Oh well... here goes again.

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

41 Hours and 40GS and after feedback from P1nseeker and others now realise that it is 50 (!) characters I have to unlock and buy everything for! I was hoping to have this finished in time for Xmas, however I think that timeframe may have just slipped right by about 6 months!! Seriously, has anyone had a word with someone from Konami about how bollocks these achievements are - you dont even get a cash bonus for winning or retaining titles. Here goes hour 41.....

• 2 weeks later...

OK 50 hours of play and am now on a colossal 70GS !! Am wondering if reading this has put smokez off???? I have however managed to get wins with some characters in about 35 seconds so this has been speeding the process up somewhat. I could have had more GS at this point, however, I seem to get into the knack of using a specific character and therefore am able to win and earn £ quicker, so the way I am approaching this is that the short term pain now will aid me in being able to get the ALL ITEMS COMPLETE achievement worth 250GS at the end... we will see I suppose...

OK, 64 hours of play now and up to 80GS. Unlocking most of the stuff seemingly pretty straight forward, however, getting pretty frustrated at unlocks suck as "defeat X & Y in a 3-Way Match" as you cant do anything to influence this match actually appearing. I did 45 matches last night waiting for this to appear. Nothing. The only other way I can get it is to "Startup the game 228 times". This process wouild be start up game, load save file, save save file, quit to dashboard, rinse and repeat x 228". Surely that wouldn't do my 360 any good!? Not resorting to that level yet - might just leave that one til last - by then I will have either unlocked it by accident or will have started the game up many times by natural means and will be really close to it without "restart boosting".

AND I did 6 hours straight on New Years Eve and my 360 froze before I could save it AARRGGHH The Pain !!! Here we go again....

OK, 64 hours of play now and up to 80GS. Unlocking most of the stuff seemingly pretty straight forward, however, getting pretty frustrated at unlocks suck as "defeat X & Y in a 3-Way Match" as you cant do anything to influence this match actually appearing. I did 45 matches last night waiting for this to appear. Nothing. The only other way I can get it is to "Startup the game 228 times". This process wouild be start up game, load save file, save save file, quit to dashboard, rinse and repeat x 228". Surely that wouldn't do my 360 any good!? Not resorting to that level yet - might just leave that one til last - by then I will have either unlocked it by accident or will have started the game up many times by natural means and will be really close to it without "restart boosting".

AND I did 6 hours straight on New Years Eve and my 360 froze before I could save it AARRGGHH The Pain !!! Here we go again....

You dont have to exit to the dashboard for start up. Just exit to the main game menu from the fight map then re-load the game. Thats what i did, dont take that long either.

• 2 weeks later...

I recently picked up this game and 3 hours later I'm at a whopping 10GS (using street matches). I'm told you have to beat 9 different girls before you get a title shot. I didn't keep up with the first one, but the second girl I'm using I got 5 different ones in a row and then starting repeating the same girls I had already beaten. Very annoying.

Guest CC99999

I have 56 hours in and 90 points- I took the unlock everything before I moved on strategy- so hopefully I can get through it if my sanity holds up.

1K with no gamesaves is quite a feat!

I have 56 hours in and 90 points- I took the unlock everything before I moved on strategy- so hopefully I can get through it if my sanity holds up.

1K with no gamesaves is quite a feat!

My sanity only lasted upto a GS of 650. I hope one of you gets the whole 1000 though, might motivate me to continue my quest then.

13 hours in to the game and 80 GS (working on singles titles). I've yet to see anything about how to unlock the swimsuits. I go to that section but they are all still showing question marks...What am I missing/doing wrong?

Put a girls swimsuit on, for example have Reiko wear hers, then fight on 3 locations, i did queens match, arena and skyscraper. Once done that swimsuit will be unlocked for all of the other girls. Repeat with the rest of the girls and there you go. :)

Guest CC99999

When do the lambdas come into play? Has anybody gotten that far? I see that you can select lambdas as partners in tag team matches- but from what I see- all of the lambdas look the same- what gives with the lambdas?

When do the lambdas come into play? Has anybody gotten that far? I see that you can select lambdas as partners in tag team matches- but from what I see- all of the lambdas look the same- what gives with the lambdas?

Lambdas are characters you can edit in customise mode, you can change their hair and make up and such. Tbh they were a pointless addition since you cant really do that much with them. They also unfortunetly count towards the last two achievements, all costumes complete and shop completion.

Put a girls swimsuit on, for example have Reiko wear hers, then fight on 3 locations, i did queens match, arena and skyscraper. Once done that swimsuit will be unlocked for all of the other girls. Repeat with the rest of the girls and there you go. :)

Thanks. When I get done with all the singles champions and getting the "costumes" unlocked, I'll work on this.

19 hours in this game and 110 GS. I've worked out a little system that seems to work that gets me a title shot/belt/achievement in about an hour a piece. Now if I can just sit in front of the 360 long enough to get the rest of the singles champions.....work keeps getting in the way!

Thanks. When I get done with all the singles champions and getting the "costumes" unlocked, I'll work on this.

19 hours in this game and 110 GS. I've worked out a little system that seems to work that gets me a title shot/belt/achievement in about an hour a piece. Now if I can just sit in front of the 360 long enough to get the rest of the singles champions.....work keeps getting in the way!

No problem, completing costumes was probably the worst part for me as its time consuming, about 6-7 hours a girl. I may come back to finishing this game, need to get some others done first though, ive had Kameo ages and still not played it.

Up to a smidge over 20 hours but no new achievements. I'm working on Sista A's belt and have beaten over 9 different girls plus more than 6 matches and still no title shot. The only girls I haven't beaten are Anestesia and one other girl I can't recall at the moment. Usually I have a title shot by now. Really fustrating. Another girl took me close to 30 matches before I got a title shot....ugh. I think once I get all the singles titles, I'm taking a break from this game and going back to Gears....or anything....

10 mins shy of 21 hours and I'm up to 130 GS and 5 matches in the next character's attempt at the single belt (Sgt Clemets). Quick tip. I would go after unlocked the 3 characters you have to beat 10x with another character before you go unlocking the rest. That way you have a better chance at getting the one you need to beat with a few characters instead of almost all of them. Now why didn't I think of that BEFORE I went after the other characters...duh!

Damn, i tired of sseeing this game in my library so Im going to officially enter the achievement diary. Right now I only have 10 gs but im going work on this every morning. Maybe ill finally get to work on time.

Glad to see someone else shooting for this. As for me, I'm over 21 hours and about 5 matches away from another 10 gs. I'm averaging a whole 30 mins a day as of late....ugh.