How long to learn to Reject?

CreepyUncleMike

So far, I've been going through medium at a pretty decent pace. I've 5 starred everything through Days Go By with the exception of Rump Shaker and Teach Me How to Jerk. Rump Shaker I think I just need some more work on after a good warmup. Teach Me How to Jerk I tried and quickly saw the Reject was added in medium.

I quickly found I wasn't going to be able to copy what he was doing on screen. I went back and watched that jerk tutorial video again. So it's just a series of hops? Which then need to be sped up to look somewhat natural? :eek: It sounds brutal. I'm not even sure how to attempt to learn this. Maybe try it for a couple minutes at the beginning of each session before switching to another song?

How long did it take you guys to master this one?

It took about a week for me to get the reject down on the kinect. It took me about a month to make it look proper.

The reason I say this is just because it comes out right to the kinect, you still may not look anything like the "real" dance move. The closer you get to the real move, the closer you get to gold starring the song.

The basic of the reject is:

lift your left leg

hop forward on your right leg

step back with your left leg and raise your right

hop forward on your left leg

It should feel like

hop-switch

hop-switch

Which tutorial did you look at? I have a better description of the step in my guide.

The tutorial was this one: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46BsgpnioTc]YouTube - Audio Push - Teach Me How To Jerk - instructional video. Presented by RozWorld Tv[/ame]

I believe I've seen that linked here before.

Took me a while to find the guide you were talking about. I think I read the first part once, but didn't read through all the songs on hard as I was still playing through on easy at the time. I may go through it again sometime, but for now I seem to be out of commission. My ankle's giving me some issues. It's not normally painful unless I move it in the wrong position, but it was swelling up on me tonight. Not sure what I did to it or if it's related to an old injury, but I'm guessing I should cut out Dance Central for a few days at least.

So I read through the section you wrote on Teach Me How to Jerk. I also took a look at the part on Poison which was right after it. Figured out your problems with Thread It since you wrote that thing? I'd probably be able to tell better from head on than from an angle, but I'm guessing the problem is in your arms. When you pull them back, they should be more by your side. It looks like you're whacking Iron Man in the head. As for me, I just wish I could nail that Time Out. I don't think I've passed the second part of it once. At any speed. Got my 5 stars on medium anyway.

The tutorial was this one:

I believe I've seen that linked here before.

Took me a while to find the guide you were talking about. I think I read the first part once, but didn't read through all the songs on hard as I was still playing through on easy at the time. I may go through it again sometime, but for now I seem to be out of commission. My ankle's giving me some issues. It's not normally painful unless I move it in the wrong position, but it was swelling up on me tonight. Not sure what I did to it or if it's related to an old injury, but I'm guessing I should cut out Dance Central for a few days at least.

So I read through the section you wrote on Teach Me How to Jerk. I also took a look at the part on Poison which was right after it. Figured out your problems with Thread It since you wrote that thing? I'd probably be able to tell better from head on than from an angle, but I'm guessing the problem is in your arms. When you pull them back, they should be more by your side. It looks like you're whacking Iron Man in the head. As for me, I just wish I could nail that Time Out. I don't think I've passed the second part of it once. At any speed. Got my 5 stars on medium anyway.

Yeah, I nailed the Thread It but I never updated the guide. A lot of the moves, and this goes for the reject as well, deal with you knowing each beat/phrase of the song. So with the Thread It, I was off beat and wasn't sure when to kick out and then kick back in. When that happens, your whole body does the wrong thing. It pays to know your songs.

That's what I liked most of DC. Just like performing a real routine, you have to know where you're supposed to be at all times. It's almost like if someone where to play the song from the middle, you'd know by the lyric or beat what move comes next. Every time I hear "Jerk" I can tell you the move that goes with it. Same thing with "Don't Sweat the Technique". Both songs I drilled not only into my body but also my memory.

Sorry to hear you're sidelined. Heal up to get down.

Well, looks like my ankle is no longer swollen and any pain I had when I bent the ankle the wrong way, slight as it was, seems to be gone now. Just went back to Pump Up the Jam on medium and managed to upgrade it to 5 stars. Even though I keeping flubbing the first part of the song. After the bicep curls (Jam, shouldn't they have at least named it Pump?), I keep screwing up the Glide Crooks (the arm movements keep screwing me up). Then my timing gets thrown off and I don't recover until the Snap Grooves or Hip Drop. Fortunately, the only other move I screw up consistently is House, but the computer doesn't seem to notice I crossed my feet the wrong way and passes me anyway.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...