Achievements are really hard.

ShadowJade

• 1 month later...

I also had that trouble when I started off, where I originally couldn't even get to the end of stage two. Same for my friend Scott, and he's an even bigger shooter fan than I am. There's just a learning curve, and the more you play you'll eventually pick it up. Not to mention you unlock more continues after certain amounts of total playtime (and will eventually get unlimited credits if you need it).

My problem, like for many others, ended up being the "clear game without continuing" for the four characters. Still haven't gotten around to it, and I only tried it with Sensei so far. The problem that got me each time was the boss of stage three. With all that garbage flying around, from all sides of the stage, it's hard not to die when Sensei only has close-range attacks. It's the one point in the game where he's truly vulnerable. I'm gonna try and play that stage on Challenge mode a few times to get it down. If only his swirling blade attack would come out faster.

• 3 weeks later...

Gotten a little further with the no-continue achievements. Sensei was easy, once you get around the flying garbage issue on stage three. His sword can destroy almost anything, even those large green shots from the more irritating enemies. And of course he can attack through walls, etc. Just don't go overboard and stay too close to enemies that can bust out quick attacks. He should definitely be your first finished with this achievement.

Tempest actually isn't terrible, either, and for me seems easier than Ruby for this achievement. Since he can easily deflect the bullets from regular enemies, those things should never hit you. His problem, of course, is those damned green shots again. And then of course, the boss of stage three. I like to use TypeB weapon with Tempest, the water shot. For stage three, you sometimes need to switch the shot to the spread attack (by pressing RT). This will give him better protection when killing the garbage flying around (especially during the boss battle). Just be sure to switch back to regular stream shot when attacking the boss or other strong enemies.

Ruby/R.A.D should always use the TypeB weapon, since it can clear most any obstacles and enemies without issue. You just have to be good about dodging bullets. You can stay near the left edge of the screen with them, and then position the anchor in front of you (so it destroys a lot of the smaller enemy bullets). The biggest problem is the large green shots, as usual. You find them on stage two, and even more of them on stage four. They can really mess you up...

Like with any shooter, dodging is easier when you focus your eyes on the area immediately surrounding your character. Don't look too much at the rest of the screen when the bullets get intense, because it just complicates things. This is something to keep in mind even moreso when playing stuff like Triggerheart Exelica. Damn that game is both difficult and yet extremely addictive. Cheers to scrolling shooters, we need more of these games. Why oh why didn't we get Raiden? -_-