Deleting games with Gamerscore?

Windiee

So, I have made a new account and Ive been wanting to delete the gamerscore I have on halo due to my entire neat freakness. I accidentally got the second level of the campaign skull and on top of that, I didnt care until I got Fear of the Pink Mist...

Is there a way to restart? I want to have a perfect unlock order of my achievements.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have OCD issues too with the order of the achievements, I also hate achievements having a time stamp so I get them offline... It's kind of sad really but the OCD will always win :@

You aren't alone with that, but I braved through my OCD about it and now I have some which are timestamped, a bunch which aren't and a load which aren't in my preferred order. I kinda gave up on trying, but I HATE the way they look.

I say we all contact Microsoft to like give us an option to delete our games with gamerscore. It would be like "Delete PGR 4 [x]" then a warning box that says "Are you certain that you want to delete all traces of PGR 4 on your Gamertag [Yes] [No]" then "Action Completed" or "Action Incomplete". I would love that... or simply change the unlock order and timestamp.

I say we all contact Microsoft to like give us an option to delete our games with gamerscore. It would be like "Delete PGR 4 [x]" then a warning box that says "Are you certain that you want to delete all traces of PGR 4 on your Gamertag [Yes] [No]" then "Action Completed" or "Action Incomplete". I would love that... or simply change the unlock order and timestamp.

Where do I sign?

Or both, I got 5G on PGR3 and I don't have that game, had borrowed it just before I bought PGR4, so don't want that 5G at all, and an option to not timestamp achievements. Then if not timestamped you can arrange by default sort option or alphabetical, if timestamped then option to arrange by unlock order as well as options for not timestamped. I would choose default order and non-timestamped myself.

Wow everyone saying that there should be a delete gamerscore button, what are you going to do when your friend comes over and deletes all your gamerscore? Then your going to be like Microsoft why the HELL did you put this option in here.

QFT. Being able to delete gamerscore ultimately would lead to more bad than good. Never will happen and never should.

epic has found a great way to remove gamerscore! just do the level 100 glitch and they will remove them for you! i had 101000 gamerscore deleted because of a glitch that their to stupid to fix! so now back to zero for me! everyone should boycot gears 1 and 2 for the crap they are pulling! everyday i get mowed down with a turbo controller, stanbyed, or the game is so laggy because of a lag switch it pathetic! but do you think they are investigating them? NO!!!! they say i was playing unfir online, wrong; i glitched a number so i wouldnt have to play that laggy and stupid game they call gow2! so if you want your gamerscore deleted and labeled a cheater just look on youtube and do that glitch! they will catch up to you soon!

epic has found a great way to remove gamerscore! just do the level 100 glitch and they will remove them for you! i had 101000 gamerscore deleted because of a glitch that their to stupid to fix! so now back to zero for me! everyone should boycot gears 1 and 2 for the crap they are pulling! everyday i get mowed down with a turbo controller, stanbyed, or the game is so laggy because of a lag switch it pathetic! but do you think they are investigating them? NO!!!! they say i was playing unfir online, wrong; i glitched a number so i wouldnt have to play that laggy and stupid game they call gow2! so if you want your gamerscore deleted and labeled a cheater just look on youtube and do that glitch! they will catch up to you soon!

don't blame it on epic. you did it to yourself. glitching a level is misrepresenting yourself, which is unfair to others who've earned it legitimately. i know the game is far from perfect, but it's no excuse to cheat. and with a 100k, you should know better than that, its not rocket science to know that is wrong to do and against the ToS.

don't blame it on epic. you did it to yourself. glitching a level is misrepresenting yourself, which is unfair to others who've earned it legitimately. i know the game is far from perfect, but it's no excuse to cheat. and with a 100k, you should know better than that, its not rocket science to know that is wrong to do and against the ToS.
yes i blame epic! if they dont want you to glitch, patch it

you have 100000 gamerscore, you mean to tell me you never glitched or boosted any of the games you played! i will have to call bs on that! i will be willing to bet 90 percent of players have general on cod3 did it boosting look it up and they will have more flag returns than kills! like i said if they dont want you glitching dont put them in the game or make a patch!

Edited by b2daq

Wow everyone saying that there should be a delete gamerscore button, what are you going to do when your friend comes over and deletes all your gamerscore? Then your going to be like Microsoft why the HELL did you put this option in here.

I never said this, I know the problems it could potentially cause and I certainly do not think the option should be placed on the console. But making the option available if you log into your account on the PC is a better option, although they would then have to create backups of every Live account on a very regular basis so they could restore accounts if people deleted the wrong thing, which would get awkward.

It would be easy to implement a safe system.

You delete this score from your xbox. It asks you to confirm it. Okay. Then for the safety mechanism you receive an email with a link you have to click to activate the full procedure.

The only problem I would be worried about is how much this could mess up the database(s).

Yeah it would easy to use a confirmation system, an email thing like you said, or a password confirmation if you click "delete this game", I know my friends wouldn't just come to my house and delete my gamerscore for the hell of it, and even if they did they wouldn't know my password.

It really would be simple to implement I think.

It might be but if one deletes a game... then loads up a save. Would this result in a game save. There are lot's of technicalities that could cause issues. They would have to create a new field in the achievement category where if GS have been deleted game saves become inactive from the date of that GS deletion. That would mean still saves made afterwards are usable. There is ways to get around things like this but damn it can get very complicated.

I have done something similar to this using php and mysql so I have an idea how to do it and it's quite easy from what I understand. MS probably wouldn't care about us and our menacing achievements we hate. PGR3 for me!