Official Bitching Thread

Gamer Relaps3

• Replies 863
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Absence of FireFight

Absence of in game campaign terminal videos (need to view them via waypoint)

Absence of needing to find skulls

Absence of UNSC flying vehicles in match making

Absence of 10 campaign levels like previous games (we only have 8)

Unimpressive achievement pictures

;) Oddly I'm hyped for the game regardless of these issues. But they're still things that would have made the game better for me.

I'm pissed that your sig is too big.

Ok serious, I got nothing to bitch about, yet. Game isn't even released, was this just dibs in hopes of you nailing yourself a stickied topic?

Agreed his sig is god damn huge, i usually don't have anything to bitch about and if i do my xbox live party will all enjoy me moaning like a 5 year old. Lolz

It probably was.

What's the big deal about stickied topics? I have two of them on this site and I wasn't even trying to get them. I don't feel like I've developed super powers or a super human sense of smell or anything like that. Lol

Umm... Things to bitch about... They should've cut out multiplayer and made the Campaign a 50-hour adventure? Yeah! We'll go with that! Fuck Multiplayer, Forge, and Theatre mode! Lol.

Outside of achievements, Campaign and Spartan-Ops will be the only modes I touch, so I honestly can't complain too much. As long as it's fun and it feeds me a wealth of new information on the Halo universe that's all I care about. And I want more novels! 1 more from Greg and Bear each isn't enough. They need another trilogy, but I feel like they're backing themselves into a wall with the series. They need to be careful or we'll start ending up with a bunch of useless side-stories like The Cole Protocol.

What's the big deal about stickied topics? I have two of them on this site and I wasn't even trying to get them. I don't feel like I've developed super powers or a super human sense of smell or anything like that. Lol

Umm... Things to bitch about... They should've cut out multiplayer and made the Campaign a 50-hour adventure? Yeah! We'll go with that! Fuck Multiplayer, Forge, and Theatre mode! Lol.

Outside of achievements, Campaign and Spartan-Ops will be the only modes I touch, so I honestly can't complain too much. As long as it's fun and it feeds me a wealth of new information on the Halo universe that's all I care about. And I want more novels! 1 more from Greg and Bear each isn't enough. They need another trilogy, but I feel like they're backing themselves into a wall with the series. They need to be careful or we'll start ending up with a bunch of useless side-stories like The Cole Protocol.

There is none! I just think the OP could have waited until the game was released to make an actual Bitching Thread instead of making one pre-launch - where everyone would bitch about what they've seen, and not actually experience yet.

50 hour Campaign!? Count me in! I agree with you on the novels. I want Nylund back :(

But...but...it's getting perfect/ near perfect reviews! The only thing I'm bitching about is a review that gives Halo 4 a 9.8/10.

Can't they just round up?!

GTA4 and Metal Gear Solid 4 got perfect 10's. Now people think they were overrated and far from perfect. Dropping 0.2 off the score will somehow change peoples perspectives and stop that bitching about being a perfect 10//10.

great, so it appears there's an XP Daily Limit like there was in Halo: Reach.

http://i.imgur.com/pf6P2.jpg

Also, about there being no theater in Campaign..

This information is now official, therefore not leaked. Also, I believe the embargo is up.

Changing of the Guard

The main aim of this thread is not only to increase user awareness of the issue at hand, but to also point out to 343i that one of the most interesting community organizations is under threat from falling into the great abyss completely.

343i, if you don't know, has taken the unprecedented step of removing any Campaign or Spartan Ops based theater mode, a mainstay feature in Bungie games, from Halo 4.

Alright, although this has been known for some time, it was officially confirmed today that Campaign Theater is out. Although there are also more features that aren't in regarding Campaign which I currently can't talk about, the main issue here has already been identified.

Loss of one of the sacred rings...

A lack of Campaign Theater is one of the biggest setbacks to any Halo, in history. It throws the game back to pre-Halo 3. How a 5 year old game can have better features than Halo 4 is beyond me.

-No more Campaign Screenshots

-No more exploring the Campaign in theater mode

-3rd Person View gone

-Speed Running is dead (I will explain why later)

Gone. Think about it.

Are you questioning my decision?

Have you guys ever heard of High Speed Halo? You know, the community organization that has been frequently posting speed runs on Waypoint's front page for the past few months.

Well, their admin, NOKYARD, has this to say about the crisis at hand.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=43753566&postcount=9016

Note: This has been edited to fit the character limit.

Read the whole thread:

http://highspeedhalo.net/?page_id=3805/speed-run-general-discussion/if-this-is-true-halo-4-is-not-something-to-look-forward-to-here/

The intention is to demonstrate how cutting legacy features can have a devastating effect on long time fan-based communities, similar to how removing the game's API can shut down communities like HaloCharts. For those who are not familiar, the High Speed Halo site is graciously hosted by HBO and was started in early 2004 by HBO members shortly after the Going Nowhere Fast competition. The goal of the site may seem competitive in nature, but it is actually a source of highly entertaining and informative gameplay videos, where our stable of talented runners cooperate to bring the Campaign Mission times down, as an outlet to express our love of the game, the series, and the makers of the game.

{PERSON WHO SAID IT WASN'T IMPORTANT}

Originally Posted by Woorloog:

Or a capture card.

High Speed Halo has processed nearly 200 Reach speed runs. We had assumed CEA would bring back many of the old runners and a new breed of runners eager to bring down the old records. When it was announced there would be no Theater mode we were disappointed but figured we would still receive a large number of runs from players with HD capturing rigs.

Do you know how many Halo CEA speed runs we received?

Two.

That's right, TWO! Our entire gallery of CEA runs contains two Heroic runs submitted by ferlodergarnil.

The next issue is barriers to entry and this includes video capture.

With Halo CE and Halo 2 runners weren't even required to subscribe to XBL. They would keep the VCR running while they made their speed run attempts. When you ran out of tape you would rewind and try again. Runners actually mailed VHS, Betamax, and DVD+-R Halo CE and Halo 2 runs to Cody Miller and myself. Cody even had the means to read out of region DVDs.

SD capture cards could be had for $20 to $30, and recordable DVDs could be ripped with MPEGStreamclip (free software) and other screen cap programs for Halo PC and Halo2 Vista. Halo 3 saw these devices tossed out and never replaced by the average player since we offered to capture and host their runs in 720p. With Halo 3 and beyond you were required to subscribe to XBL but with theatre available there were workarounds for players who couldn't afford XBL.

Now, anyone wishing to participate must purchase an expensive HD capture card (there is no way we are going back to SD quality) and have the bandwidth available to upload multi-gigabyte video files. Not to mention the fact that i would have to up my bandwidth cap (wtf!! Canadian ISPs) because i have to download the run and upload to the HSH YouTube account.

Is this the end for High Speed Halo?

Pretty sure it is, but i'm going to wait until the other admins get back to me.

Who knows, there may be some compelling aspect of the game we're not yet seeing.

cheers

nok

I shall relay your decision, to the council...

-High Speed Halo is one of the most beloved Halo community organizations.

-Unless Waypoint and the rest of the Halo community pressure 343i into putting Theater back into the Campaign, we WILL see the demise of High Speed Halo.

-Please share your thoughts and/or support.

Thirdly.. they did away with Assault, Juggernaut, AND race. WTF, who didn't love race? I would argue that that was the most played gametype in custom games, and easily the most downloaded gametype from the file browser! I still don't know why they couldn't bring back VIP either -- that gametype holds fond memories for many from the Halo 3 days.

Edited by Hishoa