How to make $350 Million with Stocks/Assassination (Specifics - POSSIBLE SPOILERS)

CandiedSkull

I realize there have been many posts about the stock market and the assassination missions, but none of them gave the specifics I was looking for and I'm about to post here. I'm going to tell you what I did and I ended up with about $350 Million per character when I was done, and that could have been a lot more but for a simple, untested theory I have.

First of all, COMPLETE THE MAIN STORY BUT DO NOT DO THE ASSASSINATION MISSIONS!!!

I actually started a new game after having completed the story once to give this a shot, and after many dozens of saves, finally got it down.

*Be warned, the following may contain spoilers!!*

On my second play of the game, I finished the story and during the course had actually done the first assassination mission, the one that would actually have you buy stock in BettaPharmaceutical, so this will describe what I did using the completed game with approximately $26 Million per character, starting with the SECOND assassination mission.

I usually start with Trevor (because there is NO telling what kind of bullshit he will be tied up in when you switch to him). Go into the stock market and put ALL of your money into Debonaire Cigarettes. Switch to Michael and do the same, and finally Franklin and do the same as well. No go do the second assassination mission where you have to kill the 4 jurors in the allotted amount of time.

With the mission successfully completed, drive Franklin home and save/sleep for 3 days. I didn't screw with this one too much to find out if and when it went up or down, but 3 days effectively doubled my money and each character ended up with $54 Millionish. So go around to all the characters and pull your money out of the market at this time.

Repeat the process and turn around and put all of the characters money back into the Fruit stock (Found in BAWSAQ). Now go do the third mission where you have to kill the guy picking up the hooker. When this mission is complete, DON'T GO HOME AND SAVE as this stock moves very quickly and is essentially rising before his dead skull hits the steering wheel. In this case, I actually pulled over to the side of the road, went into my phone to the stock market and kept clicking back and forth between "Markets" and "My Portfolio" and you can watch this stock rise approximately every minute that goes by. This stock will max out within about 12-14 in game hours so it's important to keep a close eye on this one. It had maxed out for me at 1073.61 which gave me a profit of about $25 Million for each character, putting me in the $79 Million mark for each one.

So far, so good.

Once you have cashed in and sold your Fruit stocks back for the profit, go ahead and start the fourth mission but DO NOT BUY ANY STOCKS AT THIS TIME. Grab the bus, find your target and kill him. As soon as this mission is over, go into the stock market with all three characters and put all of your money into Vapid (Also on the BAWSAQ). This stock runs at about 498 before you do the mission. After completing the mission, it tanks to 201.85 in my case. Take Franklin back home and again, save/sleep for 3 days. (For some reason, Franklin sleeps for 8 hours, Michael sleeps for 6 hours and Trevor loses consciousness for - well, I don't know because as of this writing I hadn't bothered to check and Trevor's mom had me locked out of the trailer) At the end of three days, the stock was back up to 403.7 and I had pretty much doubled my money, putting me well over $150 Million per character and enough for the Golf Club if you were so inclined to buy it at this point.

But wait, there is still more to earn . . .

Once you have all the characters free of all stocks, turn around and put all of your money for all three characters into GoldCoast (on the LCN). I bought this stock at 288.51. Proceed to do the fifth and final assassination mission and once it is complete, return home with Franklin and save/sleep for 3 days (check it after 2 because it does fluctuate a little). After 3 days, the stock was at 523.71 and I was easily at $275 Million per character once I sold it all back.

Now, you might think you are done, but there is more. There is a Not-So-Random Event on the Highway on the west side of San Andreas, just south of Ammu-Nation <8/9>. There is a man standing by his broken down car and he needs a ride to the airport. Give him a ride and get him to the airport before the time runs out (it's pretty easy) and he will tell you to "buy Tinkle . . . NOW". Don't even drive away after he gets out. Immediately go to your phone and put all your money into Tinkle (on the BAWSAQ), then switch to the other two characters and do the same. Go back and save/sleep for about 3 days (check it after 2) and this stock that I purchased at 347.23 topped out at 454.92 for me and selling this back had me at just over $350 Million for each character.

At this point, anything else would just be a waste.

Again, I realize this topic has been brought up more than once, but I really would have appreciated someone having been as specific as this. Knowing not to save/sleep for the Fruit stock would have saved me a lot of trouble and a lot of saves. Also, knowing that they all slept different amounts of hours will have helped. I'm sure numbers will vary by a couple million for different people, but it should all stay about the same and give you plenty of money to do what you need to do.

In addition, I have been told (but I have not verified) that the hitchiker that needs to be driven to the airport DOES reset and will come back after a certain period of time and this can be done AGAIN. If this is true, your monetary possibilities are endless and you will never run out of money. If this isn't true, then my son is grounded and I will tell all of you his Gamertag so you can verbally harass him for telling me this nonsense.

At any rate, happy earning and good luck. I'm sure we'll meet up soon when the multiplayer goes online!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I appreciate the effort you put into making this thread. Definitely more detailed than the other one. I think one thing that was a little ambiguous for me in the other thread was exactly how long you had to wait for maximum returns.

Just to be sure, when you say to sleep for 3 days, and each sleep is 6 hours, that means to save 12 times, right?

I appreciate the effort you put into making this thread. Definitely more detailed than the other one. I think one thing that was a little ambiguous for me in the other thread was exactly how long you had to wait for maximum returns.

Just to be sure, when you say to sleep for 3 days, and each sleep is 6 hours, that means to save 12 times, right?

Same ? As well....awesome tips/details....ignore the haters....just want to run their post count up by flaming...total bullshit if you ask me.

It's cool. I've written enough guides and other such stuff in my time I'm not bothered by it anymore. I acknowledged in the original post that it had been brought up many times before and mentioned in other threads . . . fact is, had it been as detailed as this, I wouldn't have needed to go through the trouble to find all this out.

It's all good.

Pretty poor that you finished the last mission and only got 350$ million out of the assassination missions, I made 1.6$ billion from doing the 'obvious' way on the last heist and assassination missions

exactly what I did... just did the assassinations after the story missions were over. my Michael had $1.8 billion (the most) and Trevor had something like $1.5 billion (the least). my Franklin was somewhere in the middle.

OP, you forgot a step in the second mission.

You can take all your money out from debonair cigarettes and put it into redwoods as it has just crashed. This stock rose 300% for me on my play through. This tip was mentioned in previous guides to using the stock market.

Not hating, just saying in case people miss out.

Well sor-fucking-ry! My thread was detailed enough that a fucking moron could figure it out. Oh wait, you needed to make this, so perhaps not. Plenty of people made a lot of money from it, and your thread only has a few extra things that could help make similar money to what mine says.

I told people to make saves, and if they're reading the whole thread they don't need to be reminded every fucking sentence that they need to go to sleep to pass the time. Other than the bit about the guy going to the airport your thread is the same as mine with more words. You just give a walkthrough of the mission, and then tell people exactly what I did in my thread.

Before you go slagging off someone's guide, why don't you ask them to detail it a little better?

Geez, it wouldn't kill you to have a little sportsmanship. You both put in effort to help out the community, there's no win or lose.

Re-read all of that. Multiple times he suggested that my guide was rubbish. The immature one is him for not posting in my thread and asking me to detail it a little further, even though it was helping plenty of people as it was. Nobody seemed at all confused by the way I had posted it. So yeah, I'm within my rights to be offended by it, and will be because he's demeaning my work.

The way I (and anyone else who wanders into this thread) see it, he was expanding on your already great guide and adding in specifics. I didn't realise it was offensive to you until you explicitly mentioned it like that. He could have done a way better job of giving you credit respectfully, I will admit.

Edited by Delta438