"Ogre's Keeper" fix.

This worked for me, hopefully it will work for everyone else having problems with it.

What happens is that when you first get the dlc and your first ogre dies, it bugs the achievement of sorts so you can't get it period. A way to fix this is simply go to your DA: Origins section in your hard drive and delete all the saves that say "DK_Hurlock Vanguard". Then start a new darkspawn campaign and make sure your ogre doesn't die (easily done when difficulty is set to CASUAL). It worked the first time after i had done this, didn't even need to complete the sub-quests (Aka, kill 10 civilians etc).

I hope this helps people. Happy Gaming!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This worked for me, hopefully it will work for everyone else having problems with it.

What happens is that when you first get the dlc and your first ogre dies, it bugs the achievement of sorts so you can't get it period. A way to fix this is simply go to your DA: Origins section in your hard drive and delete all the saves that say "DK_Hurlock Vanguard". Then start a new darkspawn campaign and make sure your ogre doesn't die (easily done when difficulty is set to CASUAL). It worked the first time after i had done this, didn't even need to complete the sub-quests (Aka, kill 10 civilians etc).

I hope this helps people. Happy Gaming!

It worked for me. Thanks!

I to was having difficulty getting this acheivement. Tried deleting saves and nothing. What finally worked for me was; deleted saves, took out DA Origins, put in DA Awakenings, got the update, tried it again on casual and it worked. Hope this helps.

ok i deleted my save and the dlc and re-downloaded. but everytime i enthrall the ogre it has a death negative status... is this normal?

Okay, do you mean that the Ogre had a "Cracked Skull" or a "Gaping Wound" effect on them, as if they had died BEFORE you had gotten to them? If so, don't worry too much about it because the same thing happened to me, here's what worked:

Firstly, big thanks to Thunder Wolf 78 as his tips really helped and made it so I could get the final 2 achievements, cheers dude!

Okay, so I made sure that I had deleted all my previous HURLOCK saves from my 360's Memory section but DIDN'T delete the DLC itself, I reloaded the game (using the Awakening disk) then went through the game on Casual, once again, after enthralling the Ogre I noticed that he had a "Gaping Wound" instantly thinking he had fallen before I had gotten to him but this didn't stop me from getting the achievement.

Note, in the palace section I enthralled the first Ogre that came through the gate, I saved it first to make sure and the first one had a full approval bar.

Hope this helps and once again big thanks to Thunder Wolf 78 for your tips.

Skith666

I would have lost my mind trying to figure this out...sure enough I forgot to tell my squad to "Hold Position" when they warned me about the balista guys...everyone died. Even if you reload it still counts it as your Ogre dying.

Had to erase all my saves for DSC and start again...annoying but it worked in the end. Awesome stuff.

Chaps can you help me out here please?

I have just been playing the game and had full enthal for all players I had come across so far. Ogre, hurlock emissary, genlock, the little fella and the shriek.

I am now at the palace and went to the section to pull the level to free the Ogre. I have heard you don't enthral this one as it is not your original, if this isn't him...then where is my original Ogre?

Chaps can you help me out here please?

I have just been playing the game and had full enthal for all players I had come across so far. Ogre, hurlock emissary, genlock, the little fella and the shriek.

I am now at the palace and went to the section to pull the level to free the Ogre. I have heard you don't enthral this one as it is not your original, if this isn't him...then where is my original Ogre?

It is your ogre, sometimes there's 2 ogres in the same place there but generally it's the one waiting at the gate.

OK, I didn't have any trouble with this achievement at all. Here's what happened in my game.

Playthrough 1: My ogre died during the balista attack (I forgot to "hold position.") I played through to the end anyway.

Playthrough 2: I followed the "Enthralling" guide to get that achievement. At the part where you get the ogre back, there were 2. I enthralled the first one again and looked at it's like/dislike meter. It was at 50%. My first ogre was at 100% already so I executed that ogre and enthralled the other one. That one was at 50% too. As soon as I got the achievement for enthralling, I quit.

Playthrough 3: This time, I played through the entire module as fast as possible. I re-enthralled the 1st ogre at the gate, kept him alive and the achievement popped no problem. I think it may be that many people enthrall the wrong ogre at the gate.

This fix didn't work for me. First run through I got the wrong ogre at the gate, but didn't really notice until after the other ogre died, so no cheevo. Second time around I sped through babysitting the ogre, on casual doing everything right, and still nada. Came here and found out other people were having problems too. I've deleted all the saves related to the dlc, and played through making 100% sure that I enthralled the right ogre at the gate. It didn't die, and still no achievement.

Seriously wtf Bioware, I love you and your games, but you people seriously need to spend an extra day or two testing your product before release. This is not the first time, so get your crap together and release a patch! :mad:

I dunno; I first made a save before I opened the gate 2 so I could revert in case I enthralled the wrong ogre (so i wouldn't be forced to execute) My ogre was 100% and after doing all of the above (deleting saves, re-installing dlc, etc) i still haven't popped the cheeve after 4 runs. Once I do I'll try 2 write what I did different. (I dont give up easy)

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know if this helps, but my Ogre died a bunch during the final battle. What I mean is he would die, and I would reload the save before entering, and he would die, and so on till finally i managed to do it with only him alive with barely any health. Anyways, even though he died all those times, I still got it after I finished with him alive.

I am starting to think that this is just blind luck whether this pops or not. I'm giving up until I hear news of a patch, and after nine freaking attempts. Stupid 25:gsicon:! The last achievement I need for this game, and it's glitched. 98% completion ftw!

I don't know if this helps, but my Ogre died a bunch during the final battle. What I mean is he would die, and I would reload the save before entering, and he would die, and so on till finally i managed to do it with only him alive with barely any health. Anyways, even though he died all those times, I still got it after I finished with him alive.

Same here. I even at one point made a save, executed him, then enthralled the other ogre to make sure I had the right one. I must have loaded 4 or 5 times during the Sten battle and it still popped, because he was alive at the end of the last battle. So, it must really be seriously glitched for some.

:( I have tried deleting all saves, tried both dragon age origins and awakenings discs, re-downloading the dlc, uninstalling and reinstalling the games files on my hard drive and deleting my cache. None of my characters die and I always enthrall the ogre by the gate :( has anyone got any other ideas I could try? :confused: