Post Stalhrim locations here

LV 233

To be able to mine stalhrim you need an ancient Nordic pickaxe, to get one talk to the blacksmith in raven rock and he will send you to retrieve it. I don't know if you get to keep it if you return it so I would keep it until you craft your armor.

Here is what stalhrim looks like:

http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/4144/img20121204103628.jpg

Here is a location for two stalhrim deposits(at current location marker not the anchor)

http://img844.imageshack.us/img844/7743/img20121204100348.jpg

Another location of two deposits inside an area(need to pick a master lock):

http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/1316/img20121204103443.jpg

Thanks for posting man, but how do we craft something with it? What can you make?

Honestly don't know yet, just wandering around right now and decided to post these for when someone does finds out. Only have 12 pieces so far and haven't found any since.

There is an NPC in Skaal Village that sends you on a quest to save the blacksmith, do that quest to be able to forge with stahlrim.

I finished the DLC and never saw any quest to save the blacksmith and only 3 NPC's can even be spoken to on my game. I did however acidently kill some of the NPC's at one of those stones in an earlier quest. Anyone got anything more specific in regards to this quest? Also the blacksmith is already here and I have max Blacksmithing.

Supposedly the Deathbrand armor is the same as stalhrim except it has enchantments and looks a little different, or the helmet at least. I have Deathbrand, but haven't made any stalhrim yet. Here's what's on the Deathbrand:

Deathbrand Armor: Increases your stamina by 15 for each Deathbrand item you wear.

Deathbrand Boots: Increases your carrying capacity by 10 for each Deathbrand armor you wear.

Deathbrand Gauntlets: While dual-wielding, your one-handed attacks do 10% more damage for each Deathbrand item you wear.

Deathbrand Helm: Waterbreathing and +100 armor while wearing a complete set of Deathbrand armor.

Edited by Jet1337

I finished the DLC and never saw any quest to save the blacksmith and only 3 NPC's can even be spoken to on my game. I did however acidently kill some of the NPC's at one of those stones in an earlier quest. Anyone got anything more specific in regards to this quest? Also the blacksmith is already here and I have max Blacksmithing.

The leader of the village was talking to a guy named Deor(or something like that) and you ask her what that was about and she will tell you to help him.

Supposedly the Deathbrand armor is the same as stalhrim except it has enchantments and looks a little different, or the helmet at least. I have Deathbrand, but haven't made any stalhrim yet. Here's what's on the Deathbrand:

Deathbrand Armor: Increases your stamina by 15 for each Deathbrand item you wear.

Deathbrand Boots: Increases your carrying capacity by 10 for each Deathbrand armor you wear.

Deathbrand Gauntlets: While dual-wielding, your one-handed attacks do 10% more damage for each Deathbrand item you wear.

Deathbrand Helm: Waterbreathing and +100 armor while wearing a complete set of Deathbrand armor.

It isn't unique but I did also find a stahlrim war hammer in a small raft at the location for one of the pieces(the one just north of raven rock on a small peninsula thing)

im having a serious issue trying to get the quest for the blacksmith. i talk to the cheif and she tells me to talk to deor but he doesnt bring up a dialogue option. he just talks..idk what to do, ive tried doing other quest, leaving to skyrim and talking to them again after waiting a few days. any advice would be very much appreciated

• 2 weeks later...

You can upgrade the weapons by the way. You can upgrade any weapon in Skyrim. I looted a sword and when I used the grindstone it was there and it upgraded my sword to Legendary with a damage rating at 116, and that was without using my smithing set which adds around a 140% more. Works just as good as my dragonbone sword etc.

Stallhrim is garbage imo, atleast the weapons. They look cool, and the heavy armor set of it is pretty good but. You can't upgrade the weapons. You can enchant them... but not give them more base damage. Kind of stupid.