Game of the year contender

Annihil88torr

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What are your thoughts? I think it has a good chance of winning but so does Borderlands 2 and Halo, and Black Ops2.

When did Halo 4 and Black Ops 2 come out? Are you from the future...

Seriously though, don't put games that aren't even out yet in a discussion about GoTY. Black Ops 2 is probably going to be just more of the same old shit. Halo 4 might be awesome but remember that Bungie isn't making Halo anymore.

When did Halo 4 and Black Ops 2 come out? Are you from the future...

Seriously though, don't put games that aren't even out yet in a discussion about GoTY. Black Ops 2 is probably going to be just more of the same old shit. Halo 4 might be awesome but remember that Bungie isn't making Halo anymore.

Um, I was just saying they are going to be up for GOTY, i think everyone knows this, and if you don't your dumb.

I dont think this game should even be in the conversation. The reviews are way overhyped, and I think it was more a breath bread fresh air over other releases.

But this game was def. Hyped for being more than it is. It's not open enough, plain and simple. It looks dated, and the combat could use some work. Good game, not GOTY or even close in my opinion

Um, I was just saying they are going to be up for GOTY, i think everyone knows this, and if you don't your dumb.

I think your dumb for even mentioning Call of Duty games in a GOTY conversation.. been complete garbage and non-goty material since after Modern Warefare ONE came out. This game is pretty awesome and while I doubt it will win it may get nominated.

It has GotY written all over it imo, Black Ops and Halo are so overrated and have been done over and over again. This is new and more defined than anything i've seen this year besides Borderlands which I think is Dishonored's only contender thus far. Just lucky BioShock Infinite didn't come out this year or no game would have a chance.

First of all someone else already mentioned why it is dumb to assume Black Ops 2 will be in the GoTY discussion so I'll leave that one be.

Second of all you can not assume Halo 4 will be in the GoTY discussion. Like I said before, Bungie isn't making the Halo games anymore. If Halo 4 is complete trash because of this it won't matter how much pre-release hype it gets. However, it does look pretty sweet and I bet it probably will be a GoTY contender.

I dont think this game should even be in the conversation. The reviews are way overhyped, and I think it was more a breath bread fresh air over other releases.

But this game was def. Hyped for being more than it is. It's not open enough, plain and simple. It looks dated, and the combat could use some work. Good game, not GOTY or even close in my opinion

How was this overhyped, or even hyped at all?

I dont recall any advertisement at all and Arkane Studios being a very unknown developer plus this being a new brand, thats quite understandable.

If there was any hype, then more of a post-release hype due to all the extremely positive feedback (which is very justified in my opinion.)

Still looking forward to BO2's upcoming hype, as usual with CODs. Dang, how I hate that franchise...

I would love for this game to win or even be nominated for GOTY. I've already spent about 5 hrs looking for every little secret and choking out each guard and I've only just completed the 2nd chapter. (High Overseer Campbell)

Anyone think this game could be another like Assassin's Creed? It started out as a small new IP and after selling well, it's now a 5 game series (ACIII included) with a massive fanbase.

On another note, i also think that any game with a number at the end shouldn't be in the conversation for GOTY. Sequals already have a successful formula and often don't have to do much but sell well to be successful, while new IPs that sell and review well should be applauded especially at the end of a long console generation.

On another note, i also think that any game with a number at the end shouldn't be in the conversation for GOTY. Sequals already have a successful formula and often don't have to do much but sell well to be successful, while new IPs that sell and review well should be applauded especially at the end of a long console generation.

I will put forth a few examples that potentially blow this argument out of the water:

Uncharted 2.

Super Mario Bros. 3 (still possibly the best game ever made).

I definitely think it should be considered for GOTY. Even though Black Ops 2 isn't out yet, I don't think it should be nominated (even though it will) and Halo 4 I have high hopes for. Last year Dark Souls was my choice for GOTY but I don't even think it was nominated. In my honest opinion so far the nominations for GOTY will be (and this is just my opinion): Dishonored, Darksiders 2, Assassin's Creed 3, Halo 4, Mass Effect 3 (even though it was terrible), and Borderlands 2 (which is actually my choice for GOTY).

However i do suspect this year is FINALLY Assassins Creed's Year. I thin ACIII will blow everything else away.

That was 2009. After two boring sequels it's time for something new, like Dishonored, not another Ass Creed. And AC3 won't be fuck all compared to Hitman Absolution

That was 2009. After two boring sequels it's time for something new, like Dishonored, not another Ass Creed. And AC3 won't be fuck all compared to Hitman Absolution

Everything since II was made by a different part of UbiSoft, ACIII is being made by the people who made I and II not Brotherhood and Revelations.

Black Ops II should be up there as a stand a alone game, I am personally looking forward to it and it looks like a lot more changes have been made than in previous titles.

IMO the top 5 game of the year contenders should be:

Mass Effect 3, XCOM:Enemy Unknown, Assassins Creed 3, Borderlands 2, Max Payne 3.

Also maybe Halo 4, Black Ops II, Hitman Absolution, Farcry 3, Dishonored.