Fish's Fin (Tale)

Fishman

http://i.imgur.com/jKk4RvE.png

Ahoy and thank you for viewing my blog. Please read below before you get started.

*Disclaimer*

I just wanted to warn you, I know I made the blog really long. I'm sure that will scare some of you away, and while that sucks, it's okay, I understand. It's pretty much the first time I made a blog so I wanted to really just go crazy with it, so I did. I will keep future updates much shorter, I promise.

I know most of it isn't even about gaming, but I figured it's a personal blog and as long as it doesn't break any site rules...I could make it about anything I want and as long as I want.

Table of Contents:

~ The Long Tale: Part 1

~ The Long Tale: Part 2

~ The Long Tale: Part 3 - The Origin of Fish

~ The Long Tale: Part 4 - Final Chapter, About Gaming

~ The Short Tale

Edited by Fishman

The Short Tale

So just for the people that don't want to read the whole thing, I threw together this quick little post.

I'm a 23 year old male who lives in Southern California. I have two dogs; a min-pin and Beagle/Lab mix we rescued a while back. I also have a rather large Sulcata tortoise who lives in the backyard.

I got into gaming at a very young age, everything from: computer games, NES, and SNES. Once I got my Nintendo 64, that was all I played and most of my gaming memories are from that console. Some of the games I played were: Mario Party, Mario Kart, Starfox, Zelda, Diddy Kong, 007, Super Smash Bros., Paper Mario, Yoshi's Story, and Super Mario 64.

I've pretty much had every console over the years, and while I did play them; I don't have too many memories from them. The next console I really got into was the original Xbox, that was my new primary console. I loved Halo 2 online, that got me, along with many other people into Online gaming. Also various games like Serious Sam, Halo, DDR, and Red Dead Revolver were always fun with friends.

I got my Xbox 360 for Christmas in 2007, and got my gold the next day. First game I played was Halo 3 and some of my best 360 memories are from that game. I played the hell out of it with friends and honestly miss my Halo 3 days from time to time; I haven't been able to replicate that experience on any other game so far. I only played other games very mildly and never went for achievements.

Only after a few years I started looking at achievements, and getting into other games. I started to really like RPGs, and of course got into CoD: Zombies. I never went for completion, just certain achievements. So I have a lot of games from my old days that are far from complete. My short attention span didn't help either and I took about a year break from Xbox.

My philosophy on achievements is; Fun > All. I'm more hardcore about achievements, and I do have OCD; I just don't really care about completion. Maybe it's because I've had this tag forever and never started with achievements, so when I started hunting achievements I was starting with a messed up completion percentage. If it's a game I like, and or I get motivation to complete a certain achievement, I will do it. I just don't kill myself for 100% is all. I am trying to go back and clean up some of my un-finished games, most I haven't even beat the story on.

So here are a few quick and random facts about me....

Favorite Food: Chinese

Favorite Drink: Water

Favorite Color: Orange

Favorite Console: Nintendo 64, I have so many fond memories with it

First Xbox 360 Game Played: Halo 3

First XBLA Game Downloaded: Doom

First Achievement: "Graduate" from Halo 3

Favorite Game Genre: RPG (I can't pick a favorite game, so this will have to do)

Dream Car: Lamborghini

Dream Vacation: New Zealand

Dislikes: Most insects, especially: spiders, cockroaches, and pretty much everything with a "shell."

Hand Orientation: Right

Favorite Pie: Pumpkin (I love anything pumpkin)

Favorite Instrument: I've played many over the years: guitar, bass, and drums. After all the experimentation, I like the Piano best (which I'm currently learning)

Something I like to do, that hasn't already been said: I like cooking, when I get the chance (it's also healthier). Most things you can be creative with, I like. Then again, if you're a really creative person you can make anything interesting...

There it is; a short version for the people not brave enough to read the whole thing. Which I would recommend still doing, as I rushed and left a lot of details out here. Either way, you know a little more about me :).

Edited by Fishman

The Long Tale: Part 1

[spoiler=fishtalep1]

Fish’s Fin (Tale)

A guide to Fishman: Online Edition

Ahoy there! I’m Fishman: aka Fish, aka Jfish. I was going to….oh, you want my real name? Eh, maybe later. Now where was I? Oh yes, I was going to name my blog “School of Fish” or “Fish’s School” for the awesome pun, but figured having the word “school” in my title would cut my viewers by half. And between us (Hi mom!), the two viewers I expect to get is sad enough. Anyway, I thought of an even better title. I was thinking of including the word “tale” in it somewhere, and then it hit me. Fish don’t have tails, they have fins, so after a little clever word play, the perfect title was achieved. Yes, I know “Fin” means end in some languages, not in this case, so live with it, and don’t burst my bubble!

I decided to start this little blog because, well, why the hell not? I’ve been on this site for a few years, been kind of a lurker and figured I could get to know people better. After all, we share one common hobby. Doesn’t matter where we are from, what our interests are, or preferences....at the end of the day, we are all here because we love achievements, and in the grand scheme: gaming. So, grab your swimsuit and take the plunge into the depths of the ocean to meet me.

Hmm, where to start? I’m 23, and live in Southern California, where I was born and raised. I have two dogs, and a giant tortoise. I’m kind of torn on how to format this, and overwhelmed on where to begin, so let’s see how it goes. I know the first post will have a table of contents, so if you are lost, just use that. I’m sure the adventure you’re about to take will leave you a little lost. Anyway, swimming on…

(I’m going to add these little facts throughout my blog, keep it fun and fresh. Think of them as author notes in a way.)

Fun Fish Fact #1: I love puns, so expect a lot. Yes I know most of them are cheesy. Except the one in the title, that’s just pure awesome.

The Embryo Years:

Despite the title, we aren’t going that far back, so don’t swim away just yet. I just wanted to pick an early stage of fish development for the title. Anyway, I was the kind of kid that got into everything; my trademark was taking things apart. I got my first electric screwdriver for my third birthday, and the moment my mom turned her back I had started to take the refrigerator door off. I just loved opening things up and see what was inside and how they worked. It was a blessing though, my mom loved to clean up the mess afterwards (at least I like to think that). I mean, that’s what moms are for at that age right? I didn’t just love to leave a trail of wires, gears, and the mutilated remains of electronics in my wake; I also loved to build things too. I did like LEGO, but they broke too easily. The real fun was with K’Nex , Erector Sets, Lincoln Logs, and Tinker Toys. I used to make some crazy stuff with those. Sometimes I would take things apart for motors and other little parts to make my own creations. While most kids wanted to go to Toys R’ Us and get a toy, I loved Home Depot. I loved looking at the tools and getting scrap wood to make things.

Fun Fish Fact #2: I once busted my thumb open on the sharp metal taking a computer apart.

I used to have a BB gun after I was deemed responsible from my dad (he would learn to regret that). Nah, I’m just kidding, I was always safe and never hurt anybody. Just, this one time when my parents left for dinner and my sister was left to babysit (come to think of it, the following is all her fault), I got my BB gun even though it was “hidden” and despite my sister was supposed to be watching me, I went and shot inside the toilet bowl to see how big a splash it would make, then shot my Dad’s computer monitor. Why you ask? Well that’s very complex. It all begins like this………..I was curious to see what would happen. So there’s a little story for you about my negligent babysitter. All in all, I had a pretty normal childhood. Liked to get into things, had a hamster that my sister teased about flushing down the toilet, so I pushed her and she fell into the desk and busted her head open, you know the usual things. I later found out she wasn’t going to actually flush it, so my bad. I might have overreacted on that one, plus in all honesty it was an accident. Let’s swim forward a bit into the later years. You don’t want to hear more about my mischievous embryo years.

Fun Fish Fact #3: I used to share a room with my sister, until I moved out into the hall because she was too messy. Shortly after, my parents gave me my own room. It was time.

The Little Guppy Years:

In this part I’m just going to give you a quick rundown on the years after the “Embryo Years” so we can dive into the more current and important things, so I’m just going to really quickly go through this stuff. I grew up around computers, as my Dad worked with them for his job. So I think that has to do with how fascinated I am with them today. When I was younger in school the teachers would ask me for computer help. We used to go on a lot of cruises as a family/with family, to all over. Most of the locations were popular cruise tourist spots, some include: Alaska, Canada, Florida, Panama Canal, Jamaica, Ensenada , Costa Rica, Puerto Rico and Cayman Islands. I’m one of the very few people who can say they’ve been to Hell and back (Link). It wasn’t that bad to be honest, even sent my Uncle a postcard from there.

Anyway, cruising along here… I’ve always had the entrepreneurial spirit. Whether it was doing odd jobs for neighbors like fixing computers, or when I used to take candy to school in my Misfits coffin shaped lunchbox and sell it. I used to come home every day with about $20 which at the time was a lot for me. It was going great till some brat ran to the authorities and had my candy operations shutdown faster than a sinking anchor. It’s all good though, the other kids got mad at her for doing it since they couldn’t get their fix anymore. Anyway, I’m going to wrap this section up.

Fun Fish Fact #4: I used to love the game Lemmings on the PC.

To be continued...

Edited by Fishman

The Long Tale: Part 2

[spoiler=fishtalep2]

...Continued

The Clam Happily Opens Up: A Story of Interests

So this section will be about my interests and hobbies outside of gaming and fish, those get their own section. I previously stated I liked tools and making things, so as I got older I veered away from the kiddie stuff and got into woodworking. I make all sorts of things whenever I get the chance, from delicate decorations to tables. I’ve always been pretty creative and loved making things, when I was younger I would sell little birdhouses around the neighborhood for extra cash. I’m a perfectionist and have OCD with certain things, and this is one of them. I have a fine eye for detail and everything I make has to be the best I can possibly do. I currently have a workshop setup in the garage. I don’t know of many people my age who do woodworking, so that kind of sucks. Nobody my age is usually interested in it. I think it’s cool though, and many other people tell me they wish they had the skills to do it.

Fun Fish Fact #5: One of my favorite things I’ve made is a mini rocking horse for a gift.

I got into photography a few years back, I think it’s just another way to be creative and make things. Nothing too major here, definitely nothing professional, it’s just a hobby I have an interest in. I don’t get out as often as I would like to take pictures, but I still enjoy it whenever I do. My Uncle does it professionally, so I’ve gone out with him a few times to take some pictures. I might have to post a few of my pictures when I get a chance.

Fun Fish Fact #6: I would love to take a trip to New Zealand and take pictures/visit.

I’m a pretty big fan of movies, I love to watch and as of late collect them. Here are some movie stats about me…

Favorite Genres: Comedy, Action, Sci-fi/Fantasy, and Horror.

Few of my favorite Directors: Quentin Tarantino, Peter Jackson, Stanley Kubrick, Tim Burton, Zack Snyder, James Cameron

Few of my favorite Actresses/Actors: Angelina Jolie, Johnny Depp, Elizabeth Banks, Leonardo DiCaprio, Emma Stone, Meryl Streep, Brad Pitt. There are more, those are just the first ones that popped into my head.

Few of my favorite movies: Changeling, Pulp Fiction, Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, Avatar, Batman Trilogy, Pirates of the Caribbean, Dawn of the Dead, Edward Scissorhands, Resident Evil, and most of the Marvel movies.

Few of my favorite TV Shows: The Big Bang Theory, Lost, Scrubs, How I met Your Mother, Friends, Xena (camp classic right there), The Walking Dead, and Shark Tank.

Fun Fish Fact #7: My first R rated movie I saw in theaters that I can remember is Beavis and Butt-head Do America.

Hmm, music is another thing I can’t list specifics on. I will listen to almost any genre, and a variety of artists. The one genre I really don’t listen to is country. Here are a few I like, or at the very least like a few songs from: Red Hot Chili Peppers, Macklemore, Alicia Keys, Imagine Dragons, Of Monsters and Men, Sirenia, Kaskade, Pink, Epika, Daft Punk, The Beatles and many more.

Fun Fish Fact #8: I’ve seen Red Hot Chili Peppers concert.

I’m going to end this section with computers. Like I said I grew up with them, and have always loved them. The possibilities are endless, and I don’t see them going anywhere in my lifetime. It was kind of a no brainer me wanting to do something with computers as a career, and I’m on that path so far. I’m a jack of all trades: I do graphic design, web design, coding, short video editing, and pretty much anything on the computer. I would eventually like to make a career as a programmer, and get my Masters in Computer Science. Currently I make my money doing freelance type work and I’m working on starting my own little business in the meantime. Right now my niche is mostly work for Real Estate agents; we have some big Real Estate offices out here. Which is nice as it’s a pretty large market and allows me to develop and cater around just one client type for the most part. I used to do computer repair, but that was a giant pain and not worth it. I like to make stop motion clips and little short videos for fun. I also like cutting my own renders of photos I like; something about it is relaxing to me.

Fun Fish Fact #9: I still have one of my first computers; it has a whopping 512 MB of Ram and that’s after being upgraded to the max!

Edited by Fishman

The Long Tale: Part 3 - Told for the first time, the Origin of Fish

[spoiler=fishtaleorigin]

...Continued

The Underwater Adventure: Origins

So, here is the story of how I became “Fishman.” Don’t worry, the gaming stuff will be next, don’t swim off just yet. Oh and you’re in for a big shock; it’s not the kind of fish most people think! I will try my best to keep the story short for you.

Many years ago, I came across this pet store in a local shopping center; it was odd I’ve never seen it before. It wasn’t the most spectacular pet store and was pretty small. I guess you could say it was a real hole in the hull. I looked around and was fascinated with all the animals, and believe it or not didn’t pay too much attention to the small freshwater fish selection. (I used to love reptiles; maybe I will add a post about that later.) So anyway, I used to go there a good bit. I got pretty known by the owner and we would talk about various topics. I would just kind of hang out there. Then I got to know some of the regular customers, and I would hear some of them talking about fish. So that kind of peaked my interest and I started with a really basic little Beta fish. After some more time passed I got my first little aquarium and a few more generic freshwater fish. This went on for a bit, until I saw my first saltwater aquarium. I was mesmerized by it, and how much cooler the fish were; I was attracted to it like a fish to a worm. So I took the bait and got my first saltwater aquarium, with my hookup at the pet store.

In the weeks following I got a job at the pet store (of course I think I spent more than I made) and the owner let me order some fish wholesale from his distributor. I was, as they say….hooked. Not going to go on too much more about this part of the story, trying not to make it too long (something I have a hard time with). Just want to say after a while of working there and keeping fish, I started talking to more people about my new hobby and they lead me to an actual fish store. So next part….

I visited the fish store, and was in heaven. I mean I came from a pet store with a small fish selection and not only was this store like 6 times the size of the pet store; it catered to only aquariums. No other pets. And then the pet store all over again…I got to talking and hanging out, meeting all sorts of people. This led me to my new job, and man was I excited…and not just because it was next to a stripclub. Plus I was underage at the time, but some of the strippers were customers and you could see them walking to their car between shifts, so that was nice. Oh sorry, kind of veered from the story, and don’t judge as I was just a little teen at the time. So where were we? Oh yes, just got a job at the fish store and I was loving it. I was rising in the ranks at the store fast. Next thing I knew I had a key and alarm code to open and close. I was able to write checks and make orders for the store. I was manager level in no time.

Then soon enough, the owner started to take me to his wholesale distributors to help shop for the store, and get some stuff for myself of course. Oh man, and I thought the fish store was heaven. You have no idea, we aren’t talking about stores anymore, we are talking about massive warehouses. Thousands and thousands of square feet, filled with thousands of holding tanks and bins. I couldn’t have imagined anything like it. I had a blast when we went, and loved shopping for the store (and myself). Between those trips, normal work, and visits to other aquarium stores it seemed I was coming home with something every day and setting up new aquariums was the hobby, not fish. Soon the three car garage was filled with aquariums; I maxed out at 25 in the end.

Yep, you read right; 25 aquariums of varying sizes and holding a variety of creatures. They weren’t really “show tanks,” I mean it doesn’t have to look too pretty in the garage. The problem was I found myself wanting a certain creature, and some can’t be housed with others so they needed they own tank. All of them were saltwater, except my one stunning freshwater planted tank. And let me tell you as time flowed by, I collected some crazy things. I think it’s time I list some of the inhabitants I kept in my garage. I will also add a wiki link to some if you want to know more.

• Reef tanks, filled with living coral and I collected some rare pieces.

• Baby shark and sting ray tank, custom designed by me that I special ordered. I used to hand feed the rays; they were so friendly and would “beg” for food.

• Nautilus tank, it was tall so they could go up and down. I also had a chiller on the tank to keep it at 65 degrees (Fahrenheit), it needed to be kept that cold because they live so deep in the sea; it’s cold down there. (Link)

I got into really venomous and deadly creatures too, not sure why…maybe I'm was just weird.

• Blue-ringed Octopus tank, this one was a little scary. Had to have a friend buy it for me (I wasn’t 18) and sign a waiver. Thousands and thousands times more toxic than cyanide and no anti-venom, if you don’t get care immediately after a bite, it almost always means certain death. Australia has some venomous animals that’s for sure. (Link)

Moving from the venomous stuff, I’m going to try to wrap it up here. I’m going to list a few more generic names, if you’re interested (doubt it) in something just let me know.

Last tanks I want to mention before I start to list random stuff were my seahorse tanks, which were kind of another one of my niches back then. My best pair was ordered from a site, they have topnotch seahorses. I got this pair: (Link)

Honestly way too many to list, already been rambling for a while. I will say this; I never had a “Nemo.” I had different species of clownfish, but never the exact one. I wanted things not everybody had.

If you read this far, sorry I can talk about this forever. This was the short version. I’m almost done with this section, about to reel it in. Alright, so yeah I had a lot of aquariums and creatures (you still don’t know the half of it) and I cared for them all by myself. I set the plumbing, tanks and everything up myself too. There was a lot of maintenance and water changing; I got a 500g water container to store water for changes. Here is where things take a turn; we had to move. So during the move I had to get rid of a lot of my stuff and eventually just had to get rid of all of it. That’s life though I guess, nothing is forever. I was able to give/sell some of it to fellow enthusiasts who were local and the rest to local fish stores. I would like to set something up again one day when I’m able too, for now I just have memories. It was a massive part of my life, the whole hobby and experiences were. I met tons of people, got many stories, and learned a lot; not just about fish either. And that my dear friends and random internet readers, is how my alias for everything became – Fishman.

Fun Fish Fact #10: I had a total of approximately 1500 gallons of water in my garage.

This gripping tale concludes in the next part, now in 3D! (not really)

Edited by Fishman

The Long Tale: Part 4 - The Gripping Final Chapter About Gaming

[spoiler=fishtalegame]

Fish Play Too:

Whether you skipped to here, or read the whole tale, you made it to the sunken treasure! The reason we are all here on this site; gaming! I would say I'm going to keep it short, but if you've learned anything on this adventure you know that's doesn't mean anything. Anyway...

I started gaming from an early age, and I always had a computer handy so that was one of the platforms I used to game on in my early days. Oh the memories of Lemmings on 3.5” Floppy Disks. I also remember growing up on Putt-Putt, Fatty Bear, and Pajama Sam. Man I loved those, and still remember the little jingle with each game title. *Clears throat* “Putt-Putt Travels through tiiiiiimmmmeee.” Or, “Putt-Putt goes to the mooooon.” Ah, good times.

Other than the computer, my sister and I had a NES and SNES. I know that isn’t as old school as some of you, playing Pong on the Atari and all, but hey you’ve got to start somewhere. My sister and I used to love the Mario series (I mean, who didn’t? That’s rhetorical btw.) We would play that more than anything, along with a few random games. Alright, swimming on to more important things…

I’ll never forget, it was Christmas of 1996 and the whole family was at my grandparents’ house. Even at that age I wasn’t stupid, too bad my sister couldn’t say the same :p. I knew all the begging us kids did, added to the suspicious behavior and late night calls my parents’ made to my grandma, meant one thing… We were getting a Nintendo 64! My parents loved trying to be sneaky; it never worked. And sure enough, we got our N64 and oh boy was it a magical time. To this day, that has to be my favorite console; so many memories growing up with it.

All the days rushing in the door from school to dash to my red beanbag chair, in front of the big screen TV to play my precious N64. I put a lot of hard work into playing that N64. All the homework I procrastinated on doing just to play, and the nagging to do the homework from my mom. Actually come to think of it I should have probably just done my homework first, would have been easier than trying to tune my mom’s nagging out. The TV’s volume could only go up so high. My sister and I shared it pretty well, as long as she never touched my grey controller and stuck with her red one (I always had to be P1 too). If the game wasn’t two players or more, we just took turns. To this day I think my turns we always shorter, they would go by so fast.

Some of my favorites were: Mario Party series, Super Mario 64, Super Smash Bros., Yoshi’s Story, Starfox, Diddy Kong Racing, Mario Kart, Paper Mario, 007, and of course Zelda. When my parents went out and my sister babysat we would sit and play N64 the whole time. She probably did it just to avoid another BB Gun type incident (refer to The Embryo Years). Nah, she loved playing too. We would play all sorts of games from our list of favorites, usually two player games as my parents weren’t there to supervise the whole turn taking procedure. Mario Kart, Mario Party, and Super Smash Bros. were our general picks. We would play some 007 too, and just for the hell of it and laughs we would set it to slappers only. God that was cheesy.

I used to play single player games too. I’ll never forget when friend lent me his copy of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. It was like nothing I had ever played before, I remember when I finally beat Ganondorf late at night, I went running to my mom yelling; “I beat Zelda, I finally did it!” She couldn’t have cared less. My mom isn’t a gamer, so I didn’t take it to heart. She tried, but the typical “that’s nice honey, go to bed” went in one ear and out the other. If you aren’t a gamer you can’t fathom the feeling of finally conquering a boss. It’s okay, I have my achievements to congratulate me now, that ding when they pop up puts my mom’s “that’s nice…” to shame. Oh, and we still have our original N64 after all those years. They sure don’t make things like they used to.

I think it's time.... time for Xbox! I got the original Xbox when it was first released; it was like the N64 all over again. I loved it, and would have so many memories playing it with friends. Anything from Serious Sam to having DDR parties, no matter what was being played; the Xbox provided fun. I remember my friend had his appendix taken out, and had to take it easy for a little bit. We played Serious Sam for days, had a great old time. Once I got into Halo, I didn’t play much else though. The multiplayer on Halo 2, at the time was revolutionary. There was nothing like it, and that meant it’s all I wanted to play.

So, by now I was an Xbox person. I grew up around PCs and Microsoft products; it was what I knew/liked. I’m NOT a Microsoft/Xbox fanboy and I remain neutral to all the companies. They all have their strengths and weaknesses. Microsoft has definitely f*cked up before, and not just with their gaming (like everybody else has). With that said, I got my first Xbox 360 back on Christmas of 2007. I got my gold membership next day, and the first game I played was Halo 3. I experimented with other games, like BioShock (which was good, just not like Halo 3 to me) and Assassins Creed. AC was also good, but at that current time in my life I didn’t have the patience for stealth games. My first achievement (at least with a timestamp) was Graduate from Halo 3.

http://oi58.tinypic.com/o5tca0.jpg

I played Halo 3 for about three years, which was my main game. I never really went for achievements too much, and my attention span wasn’t too great (not much better now tbh). I remember this one time I, oh wait what were we talking about? Oh yeah... I think Halo 3 has to be my most played game. I used to have a blast playing that with friends; everything from Campaign, Matchmaking, Forge, custom maps, to putting the trash talking punk in his place. To be honest, I haven’t been able to find a game that offered the experience Halo 3 did. I’m not claiming it was the best game either, just the time and memories on it so far haven’t been able to be replicated by any other game.

I liked to collect things (not just in games), not like a hoarder or anything but certain things that interested me. And I saw achievements as something I could start collecting, and build up my gaming history. So I started going for them a little more, I never really had to have the full 100% though. To this day, achievements to me are about the accumulated number not the individual ones that make it up.

I started veering away from Halo, and got into CoD:Zombies (never really like the MP) I’ve always loved co-op/team games, and I’m a massive team player. If you are down across the map, no matter what round, I would come and try to revive you (that goes for any game). The people I met learned to just stick with me though, I’ve always been pretty good at certain games. The game type I’m not the best at is fighting, but I like to think if I actually played them more I would get better. Anyway, I was big on zombies and would have 10+ hour games, pretty much kept going till we wanted to stop.

Then I started to get into RPGs more, mainly Fallout 3 and Dragon Age: Origins. I started with Fallout first, and I was loving it. I was really able to channel some of my OCD into it, and that’s one reason I love RPGs now; I get so much play time out of them. I would run all around and loot everything to sell it, I had to collect and save caps! I once spent 30 minutes trying to display a Nuka-Cola bottle in my house; I had to get it just right on my shelf :o. I played the hell out of that game, and got all the achievements eventually (including DLC). If it’s a game I like, I’m going to do what I can to max it out. Same thing with DA:O; I fell in love with it and maxed it out.

So, I started playing other games and going more for achievements. I took about a year break from Xbox towards the end of Gears 3, and recently got back into playing. Currently I like most types of games, and still have my OCD. Like my weapons bags/inventory needs to be neat and organized and if a game has multiple save slots I only use the first slot most the time. I’m pretty good at games (at least that’s what I’m told), and always a team player.

My attitude for achievements is I’m in it for fun, but I also get bursts of motivation for some games and max them out. There have been times I go crazy trying to get one, but it’s something I want to do. I’ve always had a short attention span and bounce around games, so I have a lot of partial completions I need to go back and do (which I’m trying to work on now) – added to the first few years I never even looked at achievements I have a lot that needs to be finished. I also wanted to thank all the people on this site that make it what it is, most of you are very helpful….you know who you are.

Gaming has been a big part of my life, and at times really helped me with problems. Whether it’s to escape something bothering me IRL or just to let some OCD out, I can always count on it to make me feel better…most the time :p

I might add some more here later, but really wanted to wrap it up. Thanks for taking a dive and exploring the depths to meet me. Until next time, and catch you later.

Fun Fish Fact #11: I’ve had pretty much every console over the years at one point or another.

Edited by Fishman

Firstly- wow crazy obsession with your fish tank aquarium and fishy puns :)

Secondly you don't have to answer this but do you own any real firearms (curiosity)

Thirdly I love most of the games you loves especially halo 3. Did you not get to like the elder scrolls?

Firstly- wow crazy obsession with your fish tank aquarium and fishy puns :)

Secondly you don't have to answer this but do you own any real firearms (curiosity)

Thirdly I love most of the games you loves especially halo 3. Did you not get to like the elder scrolls?

1. I warned you, I love my puns :p. And yeah, there is a whole back story to my name...most people don't know.

2. No, I currently don't own any. Where I live, there really isn't a place to use them safely. There are some shooting ranges, but between a lane rental and ammo, it just isn't worth it. I already have enough expensive hobbies.

3. I really wanted to play Skyrim, but that was around the time I took my break from Xbox. So I still need to play that.

Did you read the whole blog? Just curious :).

I added the shorter version here. So if you don't want to read the whole thing, you have something at least. I will say my story is pretty damn cool, so I would read the whole thing ;).

I also wanted to post that I reached my goal of 75k. While I know it isn't that impressive, I think it's a decent milestone. My next goal is 100k, hoping by the end of the year. I'm also going to start keeping a better history of my progress, I don't have anything prior to this milestone.

I did manage to hit 75k exactly:

http://i.imgur.com/wQdFSwv.jpg

And the not special achievement that got me there:

http://i.imgur.com/QbTZmUz.jpg

Well done on getting to 75,000 trying to get to 20,000 myself. Just can't seem to get the achievement on ghosts starting to drive me crazy. What games do you have lined up for the next 25,000 points?

Thanks. I'm going to try to go back and finish games that I have abandoned over the years, and of course some new games. I'm going to start Skyrim and Dark Souls II soon, just need to complete a few I have pending. So many games I haven't even beat the story of :p.

Oh, I got Portal 2 I haven't even opened yet. You have that game?

I don't have portal II what is it about? I highly recommend skyrim it's amazing. You will get lost in the story and side quests for hours. The lore is amazing and I can't wait for the elder scrolls online to come out.

Never played dark souls either.

• 3 weeks later...

So it's been awhile since I made an update. I've been pretty busy, and haven't even been playing games as much as I would like to. I did pick up Dark Souls II: Black Armor Edition for about $45 brand new on launch, and I got the Burial at Sea: Episode 2 DLC a few days ago.

Dark Souls has been awesome so far, haven't gotten too far into it yet though. This is how sequels should be made, it's really refreshing to see a sequel that actually feels..well, like a sequel. While it might not be a direct sequel, a lot of the basics are the same. So if you played the first, you are ready for the second. You don't have to play the first though, if you did however, the transition will be smooth.

Burial at Sea: E2 was a pretty good DLC, little longer than the first and it answered some questions; it also brought on new questions. I really hope they don't drop the Bioshock series and make another. I really like the characters and story.

Hmm, what else? I'm pretty excited for the new Captain America movie, and I made a new sig in anticipation of it. I'm really happy with how it came out.

[spoiler=newsig]http://oi62.tinypic.com/riyz9v.jpg

I still need to make a pet section for my blog, but in the meantime here is a picture of one of my dogs. It's not the best (or the most current), I think the way he's sitting makes his neck look wrinkly :p.

[spoiler=dog1]http://i57.tinypic.com/2cxjo04.jpg

• 7 months later...

So it has been a long time having posted in here, and being on the site. Figured this would be a good spot to just say that I'm back and lurking around again. In these past months I've just been busy with work and had a few personal matters come up. Sadly Xbox didn't make top priority. Things have settled down a bit and I'm getting back into the swing of things.

I just bought Skyrim about a month ago, and that's what I'm currently playing. Yeah, I'm kind of late to the game...on the bright side I was able to buy the version with all the DLC from having waited so long. Oh and I can't wait for the new Dragon Age to come out, I'm really looking forward to that.

Well, that's it for now. See you on the forums :D.

So it has been a long time having posted in here, and being on the site. Figured this would be a good spot to just say that I'm back and lurking around again. In these past months I've just been busy with work and had a few personal matters come up. Sadly Xbox didn't make top priority. Things have settled down a bit and I'm getting back into the swing of things.

I just bought Skyrim about a month ago, and that's what I'm currently playing. Yeah, I'm kind of late to the game...on the bright side I was able to buy the version with all the DLC from having waited so long. Oh and I can't wait for the new Dragon Age to come out, I'm really looking forward to that.

Well, that's it for now. See you on the forums :D.

Oh hey! Welcome back! :welcome

Ah, Skyrim. Such an amazing game. I'd love to go back and play it, but I'm burnt out on the game from being so addicted to it when I got it for my 13th birthday.

Hell yeah, Skyrim! One of my favorite 100% completions. I couldn't agree more on wanting some Dragon Age, like, yesterday.

I don't know you, but welcome back! :)

Thanks!

I'm sure we'll get to know each other more when the new DA comes out, going to be in those forums a lot :p.

Oh hey! Welcome back! :welcome

Ah, Skyrim. Such an amazing game. I'd love to go back and play it, but I'm burnt out on the game from being so addicted to it when I got it for my 13th birthday.

Thank you! I think one of the reasons I never bought it from the start was because I was still burnt out on Fallout 3, I played that way too much. They are similar enough for it to happen I guess.

How old are you? I've always wanted to be older.

Trust me, you don't. It's not all it's cracked up to be. Granted I'm not even that old (just turned 24) but I wish I was younger already. I used to want to be older too, now it's the opposite. Enjoy the years while you got them...they go by fast :(.

How old are you? I've always wanted to be older.

You got it when you were 13, I think I got it at 23 or 24. I'm not old, not by any means, but having memories of playing it in my condo while my wife of 4yrs slept when you say you played at 13... yeah, makes me a little old lol.