More new tanks and maps to be added tomorrow

In update 1.4 (yes, the actual 1.4 this time :p) titled Red Steel Rain WG are adding 15 more tanks and 2 new maps.

Maps :- Port.

The setting is an industrial area of a port city. Teams begin the battle surrounded by factory buildings, warehouses, and docks. An open space in the center of the map consists of a hilly, open area and railroad tracks. Train cars can provide cover during combat. The most direct route to the enemy base is along the two highway bridges above the railway tracks. Common tactics on this map might include ambush and firing from defilade positions. Surprise attacks to the enemy's rear can break a deadlock.

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/File:Port.jpg

Live Oaks.

In the center of the map there is a large bog lake. A railway bridge and a fording side on the one flank allow to defend the area using scarce forces, and to concentrate main forces on the other flank.

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/File:Live_Oaks.jpg

New Tanks.

Germany gets four new lights.

Tier II - Panzer I

Tier III - Panzer I Ausf C.

Tier VI - VK28.01

Tier VII - AufklarungsPanther.

Soviets get one new heavy and 10 SPG's

Tier VI - KV-2

Tier II - SU-18

Tier III - SU-26

Tier IV - SU-5

Tier V - SU-122A

Tier VI - SU-8

Tier VII - S-51

Tier VII - SU-14-1

Tier VIII - SU-14-2

Tier IX - 212A

Tier X - Objekt 261

Also coming on the 12th are Platoon battles, this is a seperate matchmaking system where players can form platoons of up to 7 players and battle other platoons. This could be in various forms such as 7v7, or 7+7v7+7, or 7+4+4v7+4+4, or 7+5+3v7+5+3.

Platoons of 3 are used to either fill up these platoon battles or if none are available they'll go into the random battles as they have done before. A platoon of 2 will only see random battles tho.

For more pics and things :- http://worldoftanksxbox360edition.com/en/news/news/red-steel-rain/

Edited by mark197205
Forgot the king of derp!

Read the actual article, dude. The KV-2 is coming! Mark just forgot to add it it to the list. No T-150, though.

OT, at last! The KV-2 is coming! The King of Derp will finally have a spot in my garage. Don't care for the artillery, though.

I like arty...........I like how I can sit at one end of a map and hit a tank at the other end of the map.....or near enough.....

Might give the Russki arties a try, though not too keen on grinding the KV-2 to do so.

It'll come when it comes.

Hopefully it'll be soon.

I like arty...........I like how I can sit at one end of a map and hit a tank at the other end of the map.....or near enough.....

Same, though it would be nice if my GwPanther would hit where I was aiming more often, rather than having the shot land somewhere in another country 80% of the time.

Might give the Russki arties a try, though not too keen on grinding the KV-2 to do so.

Hopefully it'll be soon.

Same, though it would be nice if my GwPanther would hit where I was aiming more often, rather than having the shot land somewhere in another country 80% of the time.

Yeah that can be a pain but it is sweet when you hit a fast moving light tank from range on a snap shot.....:)

Damn that KV-2 is ugly as sin. The results screen is also ugly as hell now too; a bit hard to read and looks like it was designed by some noob who's just discovered HTML tables.

I was playing with a friend for a while until his console crashed. Seems he can't log on any more, and is stuck at synchronising. When I exited to change regions, I had the same issue as well. There doesn't seem to be an explanation for it as the servers are still up.

Damn that KV-2 is ugly as sin. The results screen is also ugly as hell now too; a bit hard to read and looks like it was designed by some noob who's just discovered HTML tables.

I was playing with a friend for a while until his console crashed. Seems he can't log on any more, and is stuck at synchronising. When I exited to change regions, I had the same issue as well. There doesn't seem to be an explanation for it as the servers are still up.

The hanging at synching the consumables and equipment is a known bug for many people, they're currently working hard to fix it.

For what its worth I'm stuck being unable to get in too.

I don't get the hype for KV-2. It's ugly, it's slow, reloading shell takes forever, accuracy is the lowest I've seen so far, damage output isn't that great, armor's even worse than KV-1. The only advantage I see: it seems always to penetrate the enemy armor, even tier VIII tanks.

Is its PC version any better?

I don't get the hype for KV-2. It's ugly, it's slow, reloading shell takes forever, accuracy is the lowest I've seen so far, damage output isn't that great, armor's even worse than KV-1. The only advantage I see: it seems always to penetrate the enemy armor, even tier VIII tanks.

Maybe it is a slow burn so to speak....maybe it gets better as you get more use to it and get a feel for it? I know I am like that with most new tanks......Plus it also depends on the map your playing on the people your fighting the people fighting with you and the tanks that both sides are using as well.....

This is update 1.4. So the T-150 line assets are likely included and will be unlocked in a few weeks. Maybe the Leopard I as well.

Edit: Since WG seems to like to do themed content updates; the KV line and the Porsche line plus Ferdinand will probably be added together as 'Heavy Armour' or something.

It's the derp king.

Edited by Merch

The tutorial has been changed. You can earn another 250 gold by completing it, even if you've already completeted the old one.

There are gold and silver rewards for watching the training videos too.

Well there will be, they were disabled yesterday to make sure it wasnt those causing the synching lock up during start up, no word on when they'll get turned back on again.

There are gold and silver rewards for watching the training videos too.

Well there will be, they were disabled yesterday to make sure it wasnt those causing the synching lock up during start up, no word on when they'll get turned back on again.

When were they disabled? I played about 30 minutes after the servers went up after the patch and the rewards were 0 (zero) exp, silver and gold for every single video.

Oh man. I'm actually getting a little self-conscious playing the KV-2. I pass a group of tanks, and all I see are turrets turning as I pass; commanders thinking "holy shit that is one ugly tank". I've got the 155mm gun on that thing, and still bouncing shells (using AP). May have to use HE ammo exclusively. The reload time on that is roughly equal to my GwPanther... but does nowhere near as much damage.

Edit:

Hey Mark, I just noticed I've received an extra 200 gold out of nowhere. No idea where it came from as I've not watched any of the new training videos. Any ideas?

Edited by Direkin

Is it just me or have they changed JagdPanther II a bit? It's really fast now (45km/h on flat terrain) and it seems to brake through enemy armour more often. The damage output seems to be a bit higher as well, although 70% of battles I get to fight with tier IX/X tanks and still can couse no real harm to them.

When were they disabled? I played about 30 minutes after the servers went up after the patch and the rewards were 0 (zero) exp, silver and gold for every single video.

I'm not sure to be honest, its only what I've read on the official WoTXbox forum. They are apparently working again now according to a couple peopel, not had chance to test it for myself, will update when I can.

Oh man. I'm actually getting a little self-conscious playing the KV-2. I pass a group of tanks, and all I see are turrets turning as I pass; commanders thinking "holy shit that is one ugly tank". I've got the 155mm gun on that thing, and still bouncing shells (using AP). May have to use HE ammo exclusively. The reload time on that is roughly equal to my GwPanther... but does nowhere near as much damage.

Edit:

Hey Mark, I just noticed I've received an extra 200 gold out of nowhere. No idea where it came from as I've not watched any of the new training videos. Any ideas?

Its a typical Soviet tank, function over form.

I'd definitely switch to all HE if I were you, even if you dont pen you should still do 300+ damage to all but the heaviest tanks.

As for the free gold, it might be WG compensating people for the lockout yesterday.

Every time we get updates it seems to screw up the tanks I have, somehow I've ended up with 10 slots but the higher tier tanks I have seem to get replaced by lower tier ones.

Worse still is having to wait so damn long for the game to actually download the updates!

Are you saying the update takes the tanks you have away and give you others instead?

Well that is very cool info to know thanks mate I will be making use of that.

No worries. I believe when you convert free xp using gold it takes it in the order it was earned, so whichever tank you have it on the longest thats where it'll come from first.

Is it just me or have they changed JagdPanther II a bit? It's really fast now (45km/h on flat terrain) and it seems to brake through enemy armour more often. The damage output seems to be a bit higher as well, although 70% of battles I get to fight with tier IX/X tanks and still can couse no real harm to them.

Its always been pretty quick, especially upgraded, I am still using the JagdPanther to train its crew a bit more before I move them up to the JP II so cant offer anything else. If you have the 128mm you can put some serious hurt on tier IX/X's, as long as you aim for the weakspots or get along side/behind them.