Why Mafia 2 Sucks

ProtossAsassin

So i have come to the realization that i officially hate mafia 2 i consider myself a very above average gamer but i have never had this much trouble with one part in a game like i did with the docks part i would rather stab myself in the foot then play grenades at war on veteran before i continue to play this game 2k is one of my favorite developers but this was an epic fail this is the most POS part in this entire game some one please add some incite before i break the game into pieces then send to to the company with a letter on why this game sucks

It's no different than when people go, "This game was the worst game ever. It was so easy, I beat it in one sitting, without dying."

It's opinion. I agree, to say a game sucks cause you're having trouble with it is kind of weak sauce, but I see the OP point. I've liked games, then hit a brick wall somewhere and gotten pissed. Can still say it's a great game, but a piss off. Just like easy as pie games can be great. Maybe not a challenge, but still great/fun to play.

Some people will only play games that kick their ass, like that's the challenge. Others like to play, enjoy, get a challenge, but ultimately win. While others just like to crush everything, and if they meet opposition, they cry and call it a garbage game. Not saying the OP is doing that, but those people are out there.

Personally, I really liked the game. My only problem was the repetitive nature of the game play. It got really boring after a couple of hours. I finished the main story, and have only played about 1hr of the first DLC, and won't waste my money on the second.

So i have come to the realization that i officially hate mafia 2 i consider myself a very above average gamer but i have never had this much trouble with one part in a game like i did with the docks part i would rather stab myself in the foot then play grenades at war on veteran before i continue to play this game 2k is one of my favorite developers but this was an epic fail this is the most POS part in this entire game some one please add some incite before i break the game into pieces then send to to the company with a letter on why this game sucks

Something on your mind champ?

I honestly didn't mind the game, they all have their flaws but you haven't given any reasons why it's so 'shit'. The only issue I ever had with it was Chapter 14 glitching me out of the map...

Well, personally I found the game a breath of fresh air. There has been nothing really like it before on the 360 (apart from the Godfather). The storyline had me hooked and the achievements were pretty good (except the one for driving miles in a car :mad:). I suppose it depends what type of game you prefer, as some people hated the shooting/cover system, when personally I liked it. And as mentioned before, you can't give up just because you get stuck on one part of the game. The idea is that it's a challenge!

Is this the standard for an above average gamer?

I must be off the charts

Wow nothing of this waas boring and hello people mafia and gangster games and movies are ALL SLOW PLACED. And seriously don't say anything is boring bro you live in damn Canada ur not even thought of as a country on your on

Yeah, you're right. GTA IV is a really slow paced game.

This game is horrible, it's not good.

5 hours in, and i'm on the second last chapter on hard. There's no replayability to this game, and the characters aren't likeable at all.

I had high hopes of this game and eagerly anticipated it since the first trailer in 2007, but damn.. it was bad.

Ive Found myself stuck at the point where you pay bruno back the 55k the waypoint marker directs me to brunos house but when i enter the area it doesnt respond that im there has any one else had this prob i spent money then went back to the area same prob i neither dislike or like this game now i was gettin into it but ive been let down by bad programing again some one shoot 2k for me :uzi::mad:

Ive Found myself stuck at the point where you pay bruno back the 55k the waypoint marker directs me to brunos house but when i enter the area it doesnt respond that im there has any one else had this prob i spent money then went back to the area same prob i neither dislike or like this game now i was gettin into it but ive been let down by bad programing again some one shoot 2k for me :uzi::mad:

Are you sure that you have enough to pay him back? From memory the waypoint is set regardless of how much money you have, but you can't enter until you have the full 55k. It's quite common to be a few thousand short even after the warehouse, I just sold a few stolen cars to make up the rest.

Edit : just saw your post in the other thread so apparently you do have the 55k. I have no other ideas, sorry.

Edited by ozgoon56

• 1 month later...

Eh... That dockfight during chapter 14 was hard, but DEFINETLY not too hard. Just rush in, kill the two who are hiding there, and then slowly advance the gangsters on the upper floor. Piece of cake, after a while.

But overall, a really great game. Playing Joe's Adventure at the moment. :)