L.A. Noire - Rockstar Pass

Capt Jawbreaker

Hopefully it's not for any of the pre-order stuff. I have the Naked City case & I seriously don't want to fork over 800 space bucks for 2 cases (1 of which i have) & 2 suits.

Most likely it's for upcoming DLC not announced yet. Hopefully it doesn't entail the Nicholson Electroplating case either, since i got that as well.

My GameStop order did not have a "Rockstar Pass" in it. I did get "The Naked City" DLC and it came with what looks like film negatives. Anyone know what the negatives are for? Or are they just a little extra something for fun?

The negatives come in a envelope marked "Badge Pursuit Challenge" should be pretty clear what they are for...

there's a link somewhere in the Badge Pursuit Challenge thread that takes you to a page with the negatives processed making them much easier to see.

Now on topic:

Perhaps this is a way of delivering content that was denied to the fans because of the disc fiasco (originally the game required 6 DVDs, but was cut down to 3). I mean the reason so much space was used up was mainly because of the motion capture technology and they planned on releasing a game that took up 6 discs (they just didn't plan on it taking 6 discs to accomplish what they wanted for the game). Its not like the Lost and the Damned, the Ballad of Gay Tony, or Undead Nightmare, which were created to be DLC and took additional man-power, this is stuff that was supposed to be in the game but couldn't be because of space issues. So it reasons to say that 800 msp would be all they would want for access to future DLC.

Another thought is that they feel the data may be too much for the standard HDD to handle more than a few cases (I'm hovering at 2 GB, and can only get up to around 10 with deleting) so they make the cases online accessible (I have no idea if this is plausible I'm just spit-balling)