suck my ass, remedy!

so i just got 104400 points on oil field placing me 290th ... and no achievement. what the fuck is going on? do you have to score 100k in the 6 minutes? so pissed right now...

LOL.. Wow..

Why not think before you go on a rant? Alittle research does wonders.

You need to of reached the 100,000 score BEFORE sunrise and while on the 6 minute streak. If you only scored 104,400 and received your bonus, You were not over 100,000 to begin with because a standard bonus is anywhere from 10k-30k.

EDIT: I figured I would also add in on it isn't the developers fault if your achievement didn't unlock, Only if it was glitched. Saying stuff about Remedy because of your inability to unlock the achievement is completely ridiculous.

Even though this is a crybaby thread, I will give you my two cents.

1: Easiest map to acquire on IMO is oil fields.

2: If you are only scoring barely 100k, You aren't killing things fast enough. Seek them out, Don't wait for them. Wave 1 is where you acquire your junk then after that go get them.

3: Purposely split the splitters, Why? Because killing 6 weak splitters raises your multiplyer higher then one strong one.

4: The bulk of your points comes from LATER waves, So do not use flare guns and flashbangs until the last 1-3 minutes. Flares are only there to really buy you time to collect ammo.

5: As I stated in another thread, Learn how many shots it takes to kill an enemy. My suggestion is to use the revolver (not magnum) and get yourself an OH SHIT weapon such as the combat shotgun. I will respost the reasons why I prefer the combat shotgun.

A lot of people dislike the combat shotgun but I will tell you why it is good on SO many levels.

1: The combat shotgun is the single best weapon for clearing enemies who are surrounding you, Even if you haven't broken the darkness around them, You should know when you shoot an enemy the stagger back. So with an automatic 12 shot capacity, It clears so you have room to move.

2: It is almost impossible to waste ammo with this gun unlike the assault rifle which sprays. This is a utility gun so if you get mobbed by large enemies, 2-5 shots take them down which means you still have 7 left over to clear a path.

3: FAST reload, Yes assault rifles also use a clip, But something like the hunting rifle IMO is a damper on your game if playing on nightmare since it is a single shot and single reload weapon.

Hopefully these tips give you the chance you need to succeed.

Edited by XBM Yosho

Why hate on the developer who have made a terrific game, because 1 lousy achievement didn't unlock? Spend another 6 minutes and try again.

Check the achievement guide, because a few people have accomplished what you did and still no achievement.

Let's be fair it is far from a terrific game pretty crap actually

Why not think before you go on a rant? Alittle research does wonders.

you too... after looking up the english description of the achievement ( I'm from germany and although I set my xbox to english, the achievement description is still in german), I totally understand why you think I'm whining, because literally translated from german to english it means "survive 6 minutes AND score 100k points" while it should be "score 100k points WHILST not getting hit for 6 minutes".

just sayin' im not whining, case of "lost in translation". and you don't need to score 100k before sunset.

anyway thanks for the advice.

Completely off topic, I always lol when I see/hear "suck my ass." I tried to google the origins of that phrase, but couldn't come up with anything meaningful. How did that even get started? And it doesn't even make sense. Just picture it. "Suck my balls" -- that at least makes sense. "Suck my ass?" Lol. (Also, not making fun of the OP, to be clear. Just making fun of that phrase.)

Anyways, got some good tips out of this thread, in particular from @XBM Yosho. So thanks!

This! Arcade mode actually saves American Nightmare - it's fun. But the story mode is extremely repetitive, doing the same objectives 3+ times and collecting exactly the same items over and over again. Bleh.

It hardly forced you to do anything similar, though. The second time around you had to collect one of the same item, but even those times were different. Each visit was different to some degree, and it's meant to be a loop of the same things; that's what makes the gameplay an involving part of the story.

I hate that you have to be on the streak while getting 100k. Just got 106k on Ghost Nightmare (At least got Survivor done :D) and got hit at around the 8 minute mark. So I had a 6 minute Survivor streak. Just not while reaching 100k.

Well, I'll try again later on Oil field normal to get the 100k. If only thise damn grenadiers weren't in the game. But as long as I have to get kills for the 2k achievement, I'm ok. After that unlocks and I still haven't achieved Poetry in Motion, that's when I smell the bullshit xD