Sigur Rós is the best band to ever exist.

That's a very bold statement to make about a band which don't exactly have the universal appeal that some other bands may boast. I think their music is far too much an acquired taste to be labelled so grandly as you have labelled them.

Personally I don't tend to be a big fan of music that ends up as advert music, which they kind of have.

If you don't think they're the best band ever then you have no taste, or just don't understand it.

You sir, have officially proved you are a douchébag.

Ahh music snobbery, it never gets old.

Haha, on this forum that appears to be true! It just reminds me of meeting a an old man with some honest opinions and then realising he is absolutely disgustingly and singlemindedly racist.

I wouldn't go as far as to say 'Best Band in Existence" as that is mainly open to populatiry and personal preference. That said, I saw Sigur Ros live in Melborune (2 and a half hour set) and their performance was unforgetable. Deffinitely worth the money and it cements them in ony of MY favourite bands of all time.

Good band.

Haha, on this forum that appears to be true! It just reminds me of meeting a an old man with some honest opinions and then realising he is absolutely disgustingly and singlemindedly racist.

YES! That's a great analogy... many times have I been speaking to an old guy who fought in WW2 or something, and he'd be really friendly, telling you stories about his childhood when life was more simple etc etc etc... next would be... "And then the blacks came and ruined everything!!"...

Why oh why.

I thought you were kidding when I first started reading this post, but then I got to the end where you said, "or you just don't understand it." Really? Music snobs piss me off. Good band, but not the greatest band.

I'm starting to wonder whether he said it just to get a reaction though, like a lot of people do, I thought I'd gotten rid of music snobs when I finished music college. :(

Ahh music snobbery, it never gets old.

Exactly what I was thinking, To me there music is average. Most of their songs are too slow and depressing and fair enough some people like that. I prefer much faster paced bands like Enter Shikari as Bearded knows ;) I also don't like the fact they sing in a foreign language, granted some of their songs do sound astonishing in Icelandic but I'm afraid it's just not for me and it is an "acquired taste".

Exactly what I was thinking, To me there music is average. Most of their songs are too slow and depressing and fair enough some people like that. I prefer much faster paced bands like Enter Shikari as Bearded knows ;) I also don't like the fact they sing in a foreign language, granted some of their songs do sound astonishing in Icelandic but I'm afraid it's just not for me and it is an "acquired taste".

You obviously don't know anything about music and your taste is crap.

Guess who? :D