Mission 9 boss wtf!?!?! Highmaster

How the hell do you beat the highmaster? I can only get him to 76%.........

I know it'll be something stupid.... I got all 4 spots on his knees shorting out, and in fact one of them is on fire.... but I can't damage him anymore.....

Help please!

• 3 weeks later...

Keep using the mines to weaken his knees, and when he goes down, jump and quick attack the yellow faceplate covering Kilowog. It will take a couple dozen hits before the knees heal and the robot stands back up. Once again use the mines to get the robot down, then smack Kilowog's shield. Rinse and repeat three times on Emerald Knight difficulty (may be less on the easier ones).

Hope that helps anyone stuck on this.

EDIT: There's an easier way to do this, as I discovered tonight while playing this boss fight. You can use missiles to target his knees, but once they've done a certain amount of damage, you have to switch to mines. You need to drop a mine into each flaming kneecap. It may take a few attempts to get them to enter the open burning slots on the knees, but once all four are done, he'll fall. Then follow what I posted above.

Again, hope this helps anyone stuck on this fight.

Edited by Covenant
Better information.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
HIGHMASTER battle wasn't so bad. i guess if you have your character fully maxed out with health, ring surge and lvl 10. it shouldn't take more than 10 mins tops. & this was on my emerald knight & only play through.

Yeah I played through on Emerald Knight from the beginning and it took at least 15 minutes.

Yeah I played through on Emerald Knight from the beginning and it took at least 15 minutes.

This battle wasnt all that difficult. Let him attack. Then just blow out the yellow bubbles on hes knees when hes still. After all 4 are gone just throw the mines into the holes on hes knees. Rinse & repeat about 2 more times for each and hes done.

Also found that being the mech and going right for his legs works pretty well, esp. in the 3rd wave when the guys in the hoverboards are constantly shooting missiles. Again this will only blow the caps off of the knees, you still have to throw the mines in the holes. The mech is nice because you dole out a bunch of damage, and take a lot less damage. I was struggling on the 3rd wave before I did this.

• 1 year later...

What I found worked for me was jumping in the air and using the Piston construct on the side of the knees after he stomps. When all four yellow circles on the knees are blown up, jump and drop a mine in each hole. He'll fall down, and you can keep pistoning away. (Piston rules)

• 3 months later...

A few tips:

-Use "MISSILE PACK" to take out the knee shields. This will also help take out his minions.

-Then throw "HOVER MINES" at his open knees.

(Note: You don't have to be facing the open holes to throw a bomb in his knees. The bombs auto-fly straight to the holes.)

-Once he falls to his knees, jump and hit his chest.

-Do this 3 times to win.

-Stop your attack and dash around to avoid his laser beam, as it's the most deadly attack.

(Note: You can maneuver better if you attempt this fight solo.)

GREEN LANTERN: RISE OF THE MANHUNTERS 1000/1000G, Jan 14 2013

(puts my gamerscore at 209,650G)

Edited by E vee dub