Pepsi Man?

Chidomaru

Anyone know if this version of Fighting Vipers being released includes Pepsi Man?

He was previously exclusive to the Japanese release of Fighting Vipers (and didn't appear in Fighters MegaMix).

I'm guessing no - but this is based only on the fact the game's achievemnent list references Candy, which is her US name (iirc she was called Honey in the JP release).

Either way its great to see this getting a release on XBLA.... lets hope more great Saturn games like Last Bronx and Burning Rangers follow too! :D

I doubt it, seeing as licensing issues kept him from UK and kept recent games such as Crazy Taxi from having original music (and Outrun from being sold).

I will def get this, but as I've played it to death on Saturn and PS2 I think I will wait for DotW. SEGA games always seem to hit DotW quickly, like within the first couple of months... Don't be surprised if Jet Set Radio, NiGHTS, or Sonic Adventure 2 (or even all of them) make it to DotW in November lol

Btw Candy had another alt costume or two on Saturn iirc... I remember UK Saturn ads taunting players they may not be able to unlock something that was actually taken out of the PAL version of the game LOL

I doubt it, seeing as licensing issues kept him from UK and kept recent games such as Crazy Taxi from having original music (and Outrun from being sold).

I will def get this, but as I've played it to death on Saturn and PS2 I think I will wait for DotW. SEGA games always seem to hit DotW quickly, like within the first couple of months... Don't be surprised if Jet Set Radio, NiGHTS, or Sonic Adventure 2 (or even all of them) make it to DotW in November lol

Btw Candy had another alt costume or two on Saturn iirc... I remember UK Saturn ads taunting players they may not be able to unlock something that was actually taken out of the PAL version of the game LOL

I didn't know Candy had extra outfits but I'm not suprised, were they actually any different or just more palette swaps? ....and yeah, I half expected that Pepsi Man wouldn't make it in this version lol. ;)

Its always a shame that some stuff gets cut in our localised versions of a game - I remember back when Castlevania: Symphony of the Night got it's XBLA release confirmed, I was hoping that they'd actually put Maria and the Saturn-exclusive areas into the game but alas no such luck (I did see a nerfed version of Maria turned up in the unlockable version of it on the PSP tho').

I didn't know Candy had extra outfits but I'm not suprised, were they actually any different or just more palette swaps? ....and yeah, I half expected that Pepsi Man wouldn't make it in this version lol. ;)

Its always a shame that some stuff gets cut in our localised versions of a game - I remember back when Castlevania: Symphony of the Night got it's XBLA release confirmed, I was hoping that they'd actually put Maria and the Saturn-exclusive areas into the game but alas no such luck (I did see a nerfed version of Maria turned up in the unlockable version of it on the PSP tho').

They were proper alternate costumes, not just palate swaps. Check this link: http://gaminghell.co.uk/FightingVipersSecrets2.html

I remember UK Saturn ads taunting players they may not be able to unlock something that was actually taken out of the PAL version of the game LOL

What's funny is the PAL version was less censored- the US version took out the picture gallery mode and some of the pictures in the credits were replaced:

http://gaminghell.co.uk/FightingVipersGalleryUS.html

(I made that site by the way. Nice to see it's useful.)

Looking at the achievements, this new port has at least one thing from the Saturn version- Kids Mode (unless it was in the original arcade game, I dunno). But I wouldn't expect much else from the Saturn port, as this is based on the arcade version. I'd like to be wrong, mind!

What's funny is the PAL version was less censored- the US version took out the picture gallery mode and some of the pictures in the credits were replaced:

Looking at the achievements, this new port has at least one thing from the Saturn version- Kids Mode (unless it was in the original arcade game, I dunno). But I wouldn't expect much else from the Saturn port, as this is based on the arcade version. I'd like to be wrong, mind!

Thanks for making that site, I love it! ;):p It as the only site I could find that showed the costumes I was talking about. In the PAL-UK/EU version of the game the gallery had all of the shots shown there (under original and replacement). I remember them well. It has that last one of Tokio playing arcade too.

Nice site! Funny to see that giant round butt on the motorcycle.

I plan on picking this game up solely because of the silly achievement list. Are all the various modes and related achievements available immediately, or are they unlockable?

• 3 weeks later...