Game of Thrones RPG General Info

BluWolve

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EAr4pn4eOQ]Game of Thones - RPG Trailer - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzopkpyShmA]Game of Thrones - Combat Trailer - YouTube[/ame]

I Have just finished reading an interview between Matt Bertz from Game Informer and Cyanide Studios project manager Thomas Veauclin and think I should answer some of the questions being asked in the forums according to what answers were given in the interview.

What storyline does the game follow?

The story runs paralell to the first book in the series and starts at the same place as the book, just before Jon Arryns death and the storyline is built around Robert's bastards.

Is the game linear or open world?

A strong Storyline means that a linear path will be followed, but that does not exclude making meaningful choices. However, it will be more than simply choosing between the door on the left or on the right. Would you like to decide between losing a right hand or a left foot?

What Kind of role playing game is this?

On Game of thrones, our main concern was to build a strong central story. So if comparisons are to be made, it would be Dragon Age or Mass Effect. However we also wanted to retain the principles of a "traditional" action-RPG, and some key elements can not be avoided. One should not overemphasise the "action" sidde of things, though: GoT offers plenty of action, but it is first and foremost an RPG

Will the characters have supernatural powers?

We had to remain faithful to the books, but George's world does provide some leeway for "sexy" features. Our first hero is therefore a skinchanger and the second is a red priest. Both have supernatural powers.

What is your approach to conversations in the game?

The system will be familar to anyone who has played Dragon Age or Mass Effect.

Does the game support co-op?

No! We thought long and hard on this one, but we believe that a typical RPG adventure should be played alone. The player wants to live his own adventure and make his own choices without having to justify his decisions. And Believe me, there will be choices to be made!

When does the game come out?

May 15th 2012!

Edited by BluWolve

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I'm kinda excited it doesn't place you as one of the main characters from the books, looking forward to my own story.....

:Bounce:

Same here, I like how the story of the game takes place at the same time as the first book but uses different characters. It adds more to the world and the lore, plus I have wanted to visit this world since I first discovered it, so this game is long awaited by me.