Achievement List/guide

osakamitsu

So I just unlocked the Thorough achievement without completing the side-quest I missed in Chapter 3. Which leads me to believe you only have to finish the actual side-quests given to you by NPCs to unlock it. The one I was missing was the "Treasure Hunt" quest in Chapter 3 that was only available to you if you let the highwaymen tell you about their stash. I ended up just killing them instead and continued on and finished every side-quest except that one. Once I started up Chapter 14 and got past the dialogue you have at the beginning the achievement popped. I checked my quest log and Chapter 3 wasn't crossed out nor did the Treasure Hunt quest show up at all (including the X marking that it failed).

If someone else is in the same boat and is close to starting Chapter 14 would you be so kind to confirm this for me?

Thanks for the reply guys.

Not real sure about that, though I am not to far off from beating it....I wanted to make this suggestion...

Start a new save every time you start a chapter!!!

That way you do not have to backtrack several hours like I did for the Pimp achievement.

Yes, I will do this now on, thanks for the tip.

I'm in the 4th Chapter and want to be sure of the secundary objectives... I've only lost one objective till now, in Mor's 1st Chapter the one to bring the remains of the Dark Watch brothers back.

And this will help to do the chapter ones without starting other game.

So I just unlocked the Thorough achievement without completing the side-quest I missed in Chapter 3. Which leads me to believe you only have to finish the actual side-quests given to you by NPCs to unlock it. The one I was missing was the "Treasure Hunt" quest in Chapter 3 that was only available to you if you let the highwaymen tell you about their stash. I ended up just killing them instead and continued on and finished every side-quest except that one. Once I started up Chapter 14 and got past the dialogue you have at the beginning the achievement popped. I checked my quest log and Chapter 3 wasn't crossed out nor did the Treasure Hunt quest show up at all (including the X marking that it failed).

If someone else is in the same boat and is close to starting Chapter 14 would you be so kind to confirm this for me?

I was under the impression that you got Thorough for doing all the secondary objective achievements, not the side quests. So far I've only been doing side quests that give achievements or statuettes. I hope I haven't made a mistake by skipping side quests :(

I was under the impression that you got Thorough for doing all the secondary objective achievements, not the side quests. So far I've only been doing side quests that give achievements or statuettes. I hope I haven't made a mistake by skipping side quests :(

I don't think that's the case as I hadn't, and couldn't have, done Chapter 11, 14 and 15's secondary objective achievements when I unlocked it.

I could be wrong though, we'll have to wait and see how others end up getting it.

For "I am not merciful" where exactly do you get Janu's seal? Looked all over the tower, and even gone to the Red Keep where they say Janus has gone and I find nothing. My Alastar is a decent guy, rather not murder a dozen police officers if I don't have to.

For "I am not merciful" where exactly do you get Janu's seal? Looked all over the tower, and even gone to the Red Keep where they say Janus has gone and I find nothing. My Alastar is a decent guy, rather not murder a dozen police officers if I don't have to.

You need to go upstairs in the City Watch tower and head to the office/bedroom at the back and you'll find it in, I believe, the dresser or on the desk.

I don't think that's the case as I hadn't, and couldn't have, done Chapter 11, 14 and 15's secondary objective achievements when I unlocked it.

I could be wrong though, we'll have to wait and see how others end up getting it.

No, it looks like you're right. I just finished the game and did not unlock Thorough, but I have done all the "secondary objectives." Or at least what the game guide considers to be secondary objectives. It even places the Thorough achievement in the same table as all chapter specific achievements. That's so miss leading! Since they are in the same table, I figured it applied to them instead of the side quests. I hate this guide so much :mad:

No, it looks like you're right. I just finished the game and did not unlock Thorough, but I have done all the "secondary objectives." Or at least what the game guide considers to be secondary objectives. It even places the Thorough achievement in the same table as all chapter specific achievements. That's so miss leading! Since they are in the same table, I figured it applied to them instead of the side quests. I hate this guide so much :mad:

Ouch, everything I've heard about that guide is just terrible. You have to wonder how they were allowed to publish it with so many errors and charge 20+ dollars for it.

Ouch, everything I've heard about that guide is just terrible. You have to wonder how they were allowed to publish it with so many errors and charge 20+ dollars for it.

I got the game for free, so I didn't mind too much to drop the $20 on the guide. If I would have spent a combined $80 on both, I'd be really upset right now. There are so many typos in it....and a lot of them are actually numbers that point you to specific chapters, so it's not a matter of me being a grammar nazi, haha. Oh well, guess I'll see how fast I can do a second playthrough! So, just to confirm, I need to do all the side quests? Such as recruiting for the night's watch, the statuettes, etc.

So, just to confirm, I need to do all the side quests? Such as recruiting for the night's watch, the statuettes, etc.

I did all the sidequests available, including the recruiting and collecting the statuettes of the Seven, except for the Treasure Hunt in Chapter 3 since I killed the Highwayman instead of letting him tell me where his stash was. Which I don't think counts anyways since it's not like the other side quests where you have to actively seek out the NPC for them to give you the quest.

I did all the sidequests available, including the recruiting and collecting the statuettes of the Seven, except for the Treasure Hunt in Chapter 3 since I killed the Highwayman instead of letting him tell me where his stash was. Which I don't think counts anyways since it's not like the other side quests where you have to actively seek out the NPC for them to give you the quest.

Alright, I'll do that. Thank you so much!

I've got all the mission specific achievements done and recorded, so I'll be uploading those for anyone that was watching :)

Thank you for the guide, just completed the game and it was very handy. My only suggestion, other than general organizing, would be to adjust the chapter numbers for the secondary objective achievements since I can also confirm that they're off by 2 chapters starting at the one you mentioned. It would be better for them to match the actual game than the guide. ;)

Let me know if there's anything I can do to help.

Thank you for the guide, just completed the game and it was very handy. My only suggestion, other than general organizing, would be to adjust the chapter numbers for the secondary objective achievements since I can also confirm that they're off by 2 chapters starting at the one you mentioned. It would be better for them to match the actual game than the guide. ;)

Let me know if there's anything I can do to help.

Thanks but I didn't do any of that because its not an official guide. 98% of that is taken directly from the official guide. I was just being helpful by posting it and had no intention detailing it much better. I just dont have time... Glad you found it helpful though. :)

The same thing happened to me only I missed the "Bad Worm in Apple" (or whatever it's called) quest in Chapter 10. After telling the guards I wasn't going to pay them I killed them then the achievement popped. I'm happy because this allowed me to get the 50/50 for 1000GS so I don't have to start over again (which would suck), but at the same time I'm frustrated because I have no idea how it happened. They really could have done a better job describing how to get the achievement too. Was it the secondary objectives like the "bloodhound" achievement or the secondary objective quests? OCD be quiet!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Is anyone going to make a decent guide for this game? The only way i'd play this pile of crap is for easy points, and yet this is the best guide for the past month? Terrible.

I was thinking the same thing. The guide seems horribly disjointed and badly organized. It also doesn't tell you how to get 2 of the achievements. Guess 'll try PS3T's guides :)