How many playthroughs?

Tweekfu

I want to get this game when its released in Australia, but i want to do a run through without looking up anything to do with achievements because i don't want any spoilers. Are there many miss-able achievements, and if i did one normal play through than a second one actively searching for achievements can i have everything done?

thanks

There are many, many missable achievements. More missable than not missable. But if you're concerned about spoilers, they're almost unavoidable unless you want to play through it the way you're describing, with one spoiler-free playthrough and a second one for achievements.

The game only technically requires 1 playthrough if you follow an achievement guide (well, 1 playthrough plus replaying the final couple of chapters a second time). So you should have no trouble doing it the way you're planning.

• 4 weeks later...

I had to play through it twice but I haven't beat it yet on my second playthrough. I am on Chapter 13 which is one of the longer ones and according to my Raptr account I have played 55 hours to get this far.

With all of the missable stuff I had to go slow and make sure I got all my achievements. I missed some on the first run so I am cleaning up by going through again. It CAN be done in one playthrough but you are going to have to pay attention to every little detail so you don't miss anything.

The game is alright so I don't mind going back through to finish it up :).

• 3 weeks later...

Is the save system such that you could save at the start of a chapter, play it and hope you get all achievements and then reload and play again if you miss one?

Or is it a heartless, "You-miss-an achievement-in-Chapter-10-and-you-have-to-start-at-Chapter-1" type of save system?

I'm extremely on the fence about playing this one for 55 hours. :)

• 2 months later...
Is the save system such that you could save at the start of a chapter, play it and hope you get all achievements and then reload and play again if you miss one?

Or is it a heartless, "You-miss-an achievement-in-Chapter-10-and-you-have-to-start-at-Chapter-1" type of save system?

I'm extremely on the fence about playing this one for 55 hours. :)

you can save at the start of each chapter and you can even save during the chapter too.i think you can have 100 saves in the game.if you save at certain spots in the game its possible to get all achievements in 1 playthrough.

I had to play through it twice but I haven't beat it yet on my second playthrough. I am on Chapter 13 which is one of the longer ones and according to my Raptr account I have played 55 hours to get this far.

55 hours until Chapter 13? So every chapter takes round about 4,2 hours? Wtf? :eek:

• 4 weeks later...