WORST Spiderman game ever. Sucks so Bad

Guys, look through the reviews for every Spidey game so far. The camera is always an issue...because no one else does what Spidey does. There just doesnt seem to be a good way of tracking a character that can crawl on walls and ceiling, and who sometimes cares about what's ahead on the wall and other times what's below on the ground. I'll give you props if you can name another franchise that faces such problems, and I might give you a blowjob if you can name one that's come up with a solution.

All a Spidey game can do is minimize the importance of this unsolvable problem, and Dimensions did that. There are about 5 minutes in 20 hours of gameplay where this mattered at all. More annoying to me were the two sections (Sandman and Carnage) where you have to swing toward the camera.

Guys, look through the reviews for every Spidey game so far. The camera is always an issue...because no one else does what Spidey does. There just doesnt seem to be a good way of tracking a character that can crawl on walls and ceiling, and who sometimes cares about what's ahead on the wall and other times what's below on the ground. I'll give you props if you can name another franchise that faces such problems, and I might give you a blowjob if you can name one that's come up with a solution.

All a Spidey game can do is minimize the importance of this unsolvable problem, and Dimensions did that. There are about 5 minutes in 20 hours of gameplay where this mattered at all. More annoying to me were the two sections (Sandman and Carnage) where you have to swing toward the camera.

I agree that it hasn't been much of an issue in the game so far (still have to do octopus, carnage and mysteryo as I type) but I also don't see why they have to change the way your character moves on the screen when you stick to a wall... To be more clear:

when you are on the ground if you move up you always move towards the top of the screen no matter where you are facing, same goes for moving left, right and down.

Now why the hell if you are crawling on a wall or ceiling should you move in the direction you are facing when moving up on the controller?

Another possible solutions would be to switch to first person view when on walls/ceilings...

BTW: I'm loving this game!

Edited by Drasker 4o1

maybe the next Spidey game should go into First Person when you're on the walls. That way if you do a wall-snag it can go into third person and the player still has absolute control over where they go and how far...but the game does PWN.

The only thing I find annoying (besides the wall crawl) is the noir stuff where you absolutely MUST stay hidden because as nice as that is, if you get caught you're standing around for about a full minute waiting for the underpaid goons to turn around so you can try again. Freakin' lame (and yes I know you can attack them anyways but if there's more than one or two you die FAST on hard)

• 5 weeks later...

Worst ever? Hardly. That goes to Ultimate Spiderman for me, hated that game.

But there's no denying this game DOES have some problems. The 4 main ones for me are:

The wall crawling is probably the worst in any Spiderman game yet.

The response times when you hit buttons are sometimes very slow, more than a few times I fell, having to 'rescue' myself on the very first level because the web zip just wouldn't fire, despite the icon being on the pillars etc.

The stealth sections in Noir are very hit and miss, on more than one occasion I've been spotted doing something where I really shouldn't have, or I've web zipped somewhere completely different to where I was aiming.

The checkpoints are occasionally really poorly spaced out.

Despite these problems, I think the game is excellent. The art style is truly awesome, I love watching the different style cutscenes. The levels are well designed, allowing you to be spiderman, embracing the differing styles of each dimension, and yet not tying the game to a sandbox city.

For me, this is one of those games that I'd love for them to make a 2nd one so they could polish those few niggling little problems.

Web of Shadows still rates as my favourite Spiderman game, but this is a solid 2nd place.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
And I've played them all too bad it has Crappy camera Restricted movements

Really? You've played them all? Even the first Spidey game on the Atari 2600? That's impressive...

In my opinion, the worst ever Spidey game was Spider-Man vs Venom: Maximum Carnage on the SNES.

I personally, think this isn't actually that bad a game, frustrating camera angles aside - I like what they've tried to attempt at least.

I personally wouldn't call this the worst Spider-Man game ever. I have only played and Spidey 3 and out of the two, the worst is Spidey 3, hands down. Camera on SD isn't as bad and haven't had to replay boss fights over and over due to there being no button mashing crap constantly coming up...

I agree this game fuckin sucks. Got stuck on the boss fight with Kraven twice.

First glitched to where he was standing there glowing and would not move and if i touched him i would get hurt.

Second glitch he had infinite health no matter what i did i could not hurt him so after reloading the game a third time i finally beat him.

Now on the first fight with hammerhead and he has infinite heath as well. So this game definitely blows.