IGN drops a 4 on it like a beheading.

ThaMyth

I don't trust reviewers. They shit all over games for small things, and praise mainstream games for doing the same thing over and over again. Most reviewers hated one of my favorite RPGS:

http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-360/risen/critic-reviews

Exactly!! like I said im picking this up either way, Nothing can be as bad as Resident evil operation racoon city

I don't trust reviewers. They shit all over games for small things, and praise mainstream games for doing the same thing over and over again. Most reviewers hated one of my favorite RPGS:

http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-360/risen/critic-reviews

Well put. A review is just an opinion, you might agree with that person doing the review and you might not. Anybody not sure should definitely wait for more sources to draw their own opinion from. I am sure there are others like me who are big fans of the lp and were going to buy this wether it was good or bad. Obviously though the game will not be for everybody.

It's not 4/10 bad, but it also isn't 8/10 great. I'd probably score it around a 6. The story is actually really interesting so far and the combat is pretty refreshing while also feeling somewhat similar to DA:O.

The graphics are pretty horrendous though, so if you are a graphics whore stay far, far away from this.

The game is actually quite good, but very old school in design. Idiot IGN reviewer is some kid who has never played a 90s PC RPG as that sort of what the design feels like. But I really like it. At least 7/10 from me. Maybe more if it gets better, I'm only on chapter 1.

^This. I almost muted the sound because it is so laughable.

You guys have no idea what bad voice acting is. The voice acting is absolutely FINE. Have you ever watched the show? Everyone has a weird ass accent, just like here.

The graphics are pretty horrendous though, so if you are a graphics whore stay far, far away from this.

I don't understand why everyone is saying the graphics are bad, they really are not. Bad compared to Mass Effect, maybe, but not bad. There are far worse looking games on the 360.

Edited by Hayden

You guys have no idea what bad voice acting is. The voice acting is absolutely FINE. Have you ever watched the show? Everyone has a weird ass accent, just like here.

Ermm....what!? I never mentioned the accents.

I was talking about the voice acting, they sound robotic in how they deliver their lines.

P.s the accents are not weird as you put it, it is how people here in the UK talk. We have well over 30 different accents, we don't all sound like Hugh Grant you know ;)

Gotta admit, this has been a bit of a blow to me. But I love the books and show, so I'll pick it up anyway.

Can't trust reviewers when it comes to RPGs in my opinion, I mean Too Human, Divinity 2 were fantastic but they scored much lower than they should have.

Gotta admit, this has been a bit of a blow to me. But I love the books and show, so I'll pick it up anyway.

Can't trust reviewers when it comes to RPGs in my opinion, I mean Too Human, Divinity 2 were fantastic but they scored much lower than they should have.

I have a soft spot for European RPGs like Two Worlds, Risen, Divinity 2, Gothic, Venetica, Sacred 2, ect.

I don't even mind bad voice acting in some RPGs, as long as they get the story across. I won't get my copy till tomorrow (I snagged it on Amazon when they miss listed it at $45, but it never updated to release day delivery).

Does anyone actually take IGN reviews seriously anymore? I mean they give every Rockstar game or CoD game great reviews no matter what, and nit pick the shit out of everything else. Oh except Uncharted and God of War, those series get freebies too. I rented this and Max Payne 3 yesterday, and personally Im having more fun with GoT than with MP3. The cinematic effects in MP are more annoying than cool, and the story isnt as good as the first 2. If your a fan of the books or show, this game is atleast worth a rent.

30 seconds into the IGN video review and he's already got 2 things wrong; both the GoT and Walking Dead games are based on the original source material which are books. Might not be a big deal if it weren't for the fact that he criticizes the game for not looking like the show.

All of the complaints listed can be found in most of today's "AAA" games; poor voice acting plagues the Elder Scrolls series as well as many others. Repetative NPCs in crowd scenes abound in the Assassins Creed series. Final Fantasy 13 took a few dozen hours to become interesting. The point is that these are games from studios with huge budgets, Game of Thrones is from Cyanide, whose biggest success to date is the Pro Cycling Manager series of simulation bike races.

If you pay attention to the review, he praises the combat system as well as the story/character development and the games choice/morality system. That sounds like a pretty sweet hat trick to me, and the graphics actually looked pretty good so I'll definitely be picking up a copy come payday.

I've played through Bulletwitch 5 times for 1000 points, I don't think any review calling a game bad can scare me. It's just not something I'll be paying full price for, I'm starting to just buy new games that I want to try at 30 dollars to save a bit of money. This is one of those. Should drop in no time if there's no buyers. (I hope).