Dear TT: please fire your beta testers

GlassVial

...or get some to begin with. Or pay them more. One of those choices. This game's bugs were second only to LHP 1-4 for me (and that had absolute game-breaking bugs in it that I'm not sure were ever patched, because I never picked it up again).

This game had a MAJOR glitch for me that I thought almost wiped out my gamer profile/GT. Was working toward 100% when I got a cheev for something (I forgot what it was) so I hit the home button to check. It sat at the white screen spinning a wheel for way too long so I just hit home again and closed it. Then opened it again, and my GS was 0, my icon was gone, my games cheev list was gone, I was shitting bricks that my GT got wiped. Exited the game and my avatar was missing too back on the dash. Signed out, signed back in, I was there, my cheevs were mostly there (except the last couple the game gave me were missing). Went back in the game, got a cheev on start (the 10B stud one) and once again, 0GS, games wiped out, etc. Not sure wtf caused this but I tried another game just to test and it was fine, so I though great here I am 3/4 of the way to 100% and I have to start all over because my save is glitched, maybe. Not sure what fixed it but I did 2 things, I edited my profile/avatar/GT/etc. and I also started a new game in slot 2 and saved it, and went back to slot 1, then all was well, finished the game 100% and got my 1000GS.

Again this is a MAJOR glitch that never should have happened had TT beta tested their buggy crap, seems like every game since the LHP's has been a bug-fest, I don't remember Lego Indy or Lego Star Wars TCS having these kind of issues, sure they had their moments but nothing like this.

There were plenty of other minor bugs too, like one time I built something in a level too close to a pole of some sort, and my character got stuck, no big deal right, just use the other character to finish the level? Nope, you needed both characters to finish that level together, so of course, save and exit, and restart the entire damn level over again. Some others were inconsistent vine and pole grabbing, the "numbering" of minikits being wacked, like in the game it would count that you had 10 but on the final tally you had 8 or 9, sometimes due to grabbing minikits twice somehow, and of course the ANNOYING character wheel making decisions for you when you want to switch to another character choice and the game decides to not only switch to that character but switch to the OTHER PLAYER too, no thanks, I didn't ask for that! And the 'partner' AI in this game is horrible too, like when they're getting beaten up by an enemy they just sit there and get their ass kicked, at least in prior lego games they pretended to fight back a little. Oh, and a few times I had to jump in with controller 2 to FORCE the partner player to join me/move/catch up/etc. because it just literally stood there dumbfounded as I was merrily moving right along in the level, then needed his help for something and he was a mile behind me.

TT's beta testers really dropped the ball with this one, I'm sure other people have found other bugs as well or there's bugs I'm not even remembering right now. I just really hope they get their stuff straightened out for the next game, and I feel sorry for people that have to play this on the Wii, because they won't even be getting any patches at all.

Here's to hoping things improve with whatever the next Lego game is (not counting Lego City Undercover, I'm not buying a Wii U just to play that).

• 3 weeks later...

As a former TT employee (QA Tester) who worked on LEGO Batman 2, I can assure you that the games are heavily tested. We're talking 24 hour testing towards the final 4-6 weeks.

In my experience and other QA people I know who work or have worked for TT and other companies, many bugs are waived by the devs because it's too close to deadline day and those are very strict deadlines set by Microsoft and Sony (Nintendo aren't so strict).

Yes, it's annoying when you find bugs or ropey design flaws within a game and quite often your average gamer immediately point the fingers at the QA staff, but more often than not the finger should be pointed elsewhere.

I actually still have my notes from my time at TT containing all my bugs that were left unresolved and I know that they're all still in the game.

• 4 weeks later...
As a former TT employee (QA Tester) who worked on LEGO Batman 2.

thats the best LEGO game yet, dont remember any issues with it and i got it day 1.

i hope the marvel one later this year follows the same concept with real voice acting and funny plot

but for this game, just a few missions in......

first thing i noticed about this is THE CAMERA, my god, why is there no ability to adjust the speed and whos idea was it to have friggen trees ALWAYS IN THE WAY. i dont remember the camera being an issue in the previous games but then again THERE WAS NO TREES.

not to mention, this game is not at all easy to pick up and play like the others, you basically have to KNOW each character by name to figure out what who they're refering too, since they all litterally look alike in the game, aside form the 1 guy with the white hair and the fact the game just shows a picture of their face for certain interactive objects doesnt help either, so i wind up selecting all 4 and trying them till it works..

AND WHERE THE BUILDING? i havent built 1 object and i have almost 1 million pieces in the open world area and finished 2 actual missions. that was one of the fun aspects in all Lego games, theres even a quick build code in the game....yet theres no use for it

its just pointless random plants or flowers and they're all on a damn hill so the coins go everywhere, even with the magnet code enabled.

As a former TT employee (QA Tester) who worked on LEGO Batman 2, .

My girlfriend and I are loving this one. She loved the pirates one but she enjoys the open world feeling so much more than the regular load and play hub. And voice acting is wonderful! Its much more enjoyable than hearing grunts and nods.

To the OP I think you might just be having some bad luck. The only time I've ever ended up with bugs was user error of using the wrong character, etc.

thats the best LEGO game yet, dont remember any issues with it and i got it day 1.

Oh, it had issues. In fact LBM2 is the only LEGO game so far where I've had a game-breaking issue (knock wood).

It basically boiled down to the cutscene at the end of Level 12. It would simply freeze and the game would not move forward. Worse yet, it would not save my progress through the level so I had to keep restarting it.

I looked around the 'Net and found several people with the same issue, but each one had a different solution and none worked for me. After a couple of days I e-mailed TT directly and they initially gave me solutions I'd already tried.

When I informed the nice guy who responded of this, he eventually sent me the cheat code that allowed me to skip the cutscenes, even if I'd never played the level. And that was the only reason I was able to finish the game.