12 DLC characters announced!

Veedrock

The only DLC character that I'm really looking forward to is Cody, who I hope will be available for download soon... I also wish that Bruce Irvin was placed in this game instead of Jack (possibly even Lei Wulong?)... Just saying.

this is capcom. With all the dlc and supers they've done, i wouldn't be surpassed if they had more characters later on

this is capcom. With all the dlc and supers they've done, i wouldn't be surpassed if they had more characters later on

While there might some comfort found in that idea, the potential cost of more DLC characters (and costumes) is a bit unappealing.

I'll look into these if they're not too pricey. Elena and Sakura are the only ones I'm really interested in; I'm just glad to see Elena make a return to the series, she played really neat in 3rd Strike.

I don't know much about the Tekken series, but I remember Alisa from 6. Bit of an annoying harlot, she seemed. :o

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I haven't bought this game yet, I was wondering if they were going to release a different disc version of this game including the DLC characters like they did for SSFIV Arcade edition?

If they do, then i'll probably wait and buy that when it comes out. But it seems a little funny if they do release an updated disc version, because they would just be selling the exact same disc with a different title.

And they'll probably called it Super Street Fighter x Tekken Hyper Bunker Buster Mega Ultra Super Edition.

I'm actually glad we don't get any of those stupid PS3 exclusive characters like Cole and Pacman. They all look lame as hell to me.

This. They look retarded.

I haven't bought this game yet, I was wondering if they were going to release a different disc version of this game including the DLC characters like they did for SSFIV Arcade edition?

If they do, then i'll probably wait and buy that when it comes out. But it seems a little funny if they do release an updated disc version, because they would just be selling the exact same disc with a different title.

And they'll probably called it Super Street Fighter x Tekken Hyper Bunker Buster Mega Ultra Super Edition.

Capcom has already stated that they definitely will NOT do that this time. Any further content being released will be strictly over the Live marketplace. This information is provided in the OP of this very thread. Did you read the first post?

Capcom has already stated that they definitely will NOT do that this time. Any further content being released will be strictly over the Live marketplace. This information is provided in the OP of this very thread. Did you read the first post?

Most importantly, the game you buy on March 6 will be the only disc-based version of Street Fighter X Tekken needed to access these updates

Okay so I missed one line. Shoot me.

This. They look retarded.

I think you're somehow missing the point of what a crossover fighter should be. If you want something that's well-balanced and totally tournament-worthy, stick with the standard SF series. All the main tournaments around the world are still SSFIV: AE. SF X Tekken was never considered an actual tournament-worthy fighter, as it shouldn't be.

It's exactly the borderline anarchistic, crazy total lack of balance that gives this game its appeal, or at least for me. If you grew up with the crossover fighters of the early 90s, you'll know what I'm talking about. Play as any character from any series and have some fun with friends kicking their ass as the Sega AM 2 logo or Hornet, the default car from Daytona USA, or heck, why not as the uncanny PEPSIMAN?!

Games like the referenced Fighters Megamix or the Capcom versus series show us what it's all about as a fighting game fan. I hate all the nerd rages about balance and characters not fitting in a given picture. Aren't games supposed to be FUN? That's what the crossover fighters are all about for me. If you had similar complaints about an actual tournament fighter, I'd understand, at least partially. If you don't like a particular character, just don't play as him/her.

I think you're somehow missing the point of what a crossover fighter should be. If you want something that's well-balanced and totally tournament-worthy, stick with the standard SF series. All the main tournaments around the world are still SSFIV: AE. SF X Tekken was never considered an actual tournament-worthy fighter, as it shouldn't be.

It's exactly the borderline anarchistic, crazy total lack of balance that gives this game its appeal, or at least for me. If you grew up with the crossover fighters of the early 90s, you'll know what I'm talking about. Play as any character from any series and have some fun with friends kicking their ass as the Sega AM 2 logo or Hornet, the default car from Daytona USA, or heck, why not as the uncanny PEPSIMAN?!

Games like the referenced Fighters Megamix or the Capcom versus series show us what it's all about as a fighting game fan. I hate all the nerd rages about balance and characters not fitting in a given picture. Aren't games supposed to be FUN? That's what the crossover fighters are all about for me. If you had similar complaints about an actual tournament fighter, I'd understand, at least partially. If you don't like a particular character, just don't play as him/her.

I never cared about the Tekken characters. I'm sure i'll enjoy them, but the whole reason i'm buying this game is because it's a new SF game also. I'm new to the fighting genre. And no I didn't grow up with the crossover characters.

People in this thread need to give me a break.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Pardon me but i've got a penchant for anything limited collector's edition, so if i get this then these so called 12 new DLC characters are already included with this anniversary edition, right? It only says including all characters and Swap Costume DLC.

Anyone in the know?

Edited by Onyok
fixed the link

• 1 month later...

I don't know whether to buy the 12 new fighters or not.

I'm a huge SF and Tekken fan but this game has just left a bad taste in my mouth and 1600 is a bit much (even though I do have the points).

I think I've already got my mains though (Cammy & Guile) and I don't know if I'll ever play it much once I've got 1000G. On the other hand, I really like Dudley, Lars and Cody...