Anything better than Pot Shot for RP grinding?

K o R R u P t

What rank are you? How much money do you already have? This is what I have been doing lately, currently rank 93, and I can pretty much gain 1 rank every 30-40 min.

"After hours and hours doing the "Coveted" mission (I think that to kill the enemies every time is a bit boring), I'm doing my quest for Rank 100 in another way:

* After getting about 1.750.000$ I've buyed a Buzzard helicopter and a Nemesis bike;

* Start the "Crystal Clear III" Mission (Host Mission, Rockstar Missions);

* Start the Mission and call the Mechanic to get you the Nemesis, after that call Merryweather and get the Buzzard;

* Run to your Nemesis, and drive to the Buzzard (that it's near, I'm just lazy to run everytime to the Heliport);

* Fly the Buzzard at a medium altitude (so if the Vagos fire, they can't hit you) and velocity to the 2 Meth Labs ahead, change the weapons to Missiles and rain death upon them with the Buzzard's auto-lock system; after that finish the 3rd Meth Lab in the same way;

Doing this you get 2000RP + 7000$ in about 3:00-3:30min each time (with restart and loading times). Note that after doing the mission a first time, the bike will be always near, the only thing you have to do is call the Buzzard and run to the bike and start the drill. "

Credit goes to Born Apophis.

Check out the thread - http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/showthread.php?t=555998&page=11

I think it's a matter of deciding whether you want to "Play" or "Metaphorically Whack Off" because while grinding to get to level 100 might be your goal, you're just doing the same thing hand over fist with no true payoff. At least the true act results in gratification or a sandwich ;)

It's why I'd rather not play by myself at all (:eek:) if none of my crew(s) are on. At least with them, shenanigans help kill time in the process 99% of the time.

How can you do Potshot faster than Coverted? :confused:

Besides an achievement.

Coming from a former achievement whore, that's not even a payoff. Much as I loved that little plinky noise with every achievement, it was a far cry from a true payoff like previous console games where when you did any of these repetitive grinds, you got a costume or a weapon or something to actually "Unlock" in-game.

Not to mention, when there are achievements that are awarded simply for turning the game ON, even the one having you grind for 6000 roundhouse kills in one life isn't worth the plinky-payoff lol

How can you do Potshot faster than Coverted? :confused:

Besides an achievement.

It's actually a lot quicker, especially if you're only playing with 1 or 2 people. I have done both probably 100 times, and Potshot is super quick once you get the flow. Roll up, kill 2 guys, assault shotgun to the dome of the driver of the van, and you're pretty much done.

Coveted is quick, but not that quick. It's a better payoff so it makes it worth it, but RP grinding I could see doing on potshot.

EDIT: It's worth mentioning though that I sometimes get clipped if I don't take out more guys than he did in that video, and I'm not quite as smooth with the chopper. Not much worse, but not that smooth either. Could be just that I suck.

Edited by twotonkoala

It's actually a lot quicker, especially if you're only playing with 1 or 2 people. I have done both probably 100 times, and Potshot is super quick once you get the flow. Roll up, kill 2 guys, assault shotgun to the dome of the driver of the van, and you're pretty much done.

Coveted is quick, but not that quick. It's a better payoff so it makes it worth it, but RP grinding I could see doing on potshot.

Yes, all that is quick, but afterwards the drive to the drop off in the van seem longer than the whole of Coverted.

Yes thank you we have, we can pretty much do Pot Shot twice in the amount of time doing Coveted once, unless there's a good method?

There are some player created races that you can rank up easily on. The first one you can AFK ;) The second one you need to come first in a group of 4 or more and the last is a playlist. Try 'em.

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/gtav/jobs?missionId=4X1qvakVVUOwFX03zeY8vQ&platformId=1

and

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/gtav/jobs/job/A5w9SxoaBEuGG6BY3nFuYA?platformId=1

and the playlist;

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/gtav/playlists/playlist/1-e1FqiFVkmZiVhiaZvkhA

Seems like racing would rank people up faster than that. Some races give 3,000 RP.

Correct. Try some of the above races for easy cash and RP :)

Besides an achievement.

Not just an achievement, probably the most grindiest achievement in the game. Plenty of players on this forum alone stopped playing soon after hitting rank 100. If it was their final achievement or not.

Yeah, I edited the above to include I'm not quite as smooth with the chopper, so I could see what you're saying. The drive with the van seems to be quicker for me.

Oh God! That boring ass van drive. Needs nitrous! :p

What rank are you? How much money do you already have? This is what I have been doing lately, currently rank 93, and I can pretty much gain 1 rank every 30-40 min.

"After hours and hours doing the "Coveted" mission (I think that to kill the enemies every time is a bit boring), I'm doing my quest for Rank 100 in another way:

* After getting about 1.750.000$ I've buyed a Buzzard helicopter and a Nemesis bike;

* Start the "Crystal Clear III" Mission (Host Mission, Rockstar Missions);

* Start the Mission and call the Mechanic to get you the Nemesis, after that call Merryweather and get the Buzzard;

* Run to your Nemesis, and drive to the Buzzard (that it's near, I'm just lazy to run everytime to the Heliport);

* Fly the Buzzard at a medium altitude (so if the Vagos fire, they can't hit you) and velocity to the 2 Meth Labs ahead, change the weapons to Missiles and rain death upon them with the Buzzard's auto-lock system; after that finish the 3rd Meth Lab in the same way;

Doing this you get 2000RP + 7000$ in about 3:00-3:30min each time (with restart and loading times). Note that after doing the mission a first time, the bike will be always near, the only thing you have to do is call the Buzzard and run to the bike and start the drill. "

Credit goes to Born Apophis.

Check out the thread - http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/showthread.php?t=555998&page=11

If you need some platinums this also helps with Mile High Club and Sky High (blow up cars).

at what level do Pot Shot and Coveted become available for play?

Pot Shot at rank 25 and Coveted at 36. Try these links;

http://www.gamingreality.com/2013/10/gta-online-jobs-list-and-payout-info.html

and

http://gtaforums.com/topic/614195-job-reward-database-rp-cash/