What exactly does the FEAR Pass packaged with this game give you?

TrishTheDish

Labeled as "First Purchaser Maps and Modes" (A play on First Encounter Assault and Recon F.E.A.R) on the XBL Marketplace (For $10), as stated above it comes with 2 game modes that have 3 maps each.

1st being Soul Survivor, Which one player starts as a Specter, corrupted by Alma, who must take down the F.E.A.R. operatives (other players) by posessing attacking NPC's, and upon doing so, said killed players are in turn made to be specters, until the last man is dead, or time runs out, which is a victory for the Soul Survivor.

F**king Run! on the other hand has all 4 players frantically attempting to outrun, or F**king Run! from a "Wall of Death" through a set out path, that is also inhabited by attacking NPC's that try to kill you, and should they down a player, you are able to revive them, but if not fast enough, they will be consumed by the wall of death, and should any single player be consumed by this fast moving death wall, it's game over for all 4... so F**KING RUN!!! :uzi: lol

Hope that helps =)

Edit - This does not include any Achievements. Thus it is not required to get 1000G

Edited by LHR Shadow Ops
Forgot a detail

I hate how lots of games now have these annoying codes in the box that give you online play or some other kind of unlockables.

I rent games so don't get these codes. The ones that you need for online play are absolutely lame has hell though. It's a blatant way of sticking it to the rental and second hand market players.

I hate how lots of games now have these annoying codes in the box that give you online play or some other kind of unlockables.

I rent games so don't get these codes. The ones that you need for online play are absolutely lame has hell though. It's a blatant way of sticking it to the rental and second hand market players.

This is the first game I rented in yearrrrsss, the game box at the rental store I opened it and saw the code took it out, and nicely asked if I could have it when I brought the game up at the checkout counter. He said sure and so I got the code haha. Might want to try that next time you rent a game.

• 2 weeks later...
Problem easily solved.... Buy the game!

^ this guy's absolutely right. buy every game that comes out! no matter if it has bad reviews, u just wanna check it out or you're only achievement hunting. ESPECIALLY if they include "extras" that aren't necessary to enjoy the game via rental from GameFly or that stop u from obtaining 1000GS. that's right people, buy the game!

...what a fucking idiot...

^ this guy's absolutely right. buy every game that comes out! no matter if it has bad reviews, u just wanna check it out or you're only achievement hunting. ESPECIALLY if they include "extras" that aren't necessary to enjoy the game via rental from GameFly or that stop u from obtaining 1000GS. that's right people, buy the game!

If you're gonna rent it then don't bitch. If you like the game enough to buy it then you'll get the online stuff.

Rage much? Developers get exactly ZERO revenue from second hand sales and a fraction from rentals. Development for current gen systems is incredibly expensive, especially when you want to make a triple-A title, and those prices are only going to get higher as we venture into next-gen. They have every right to want consumers to purchase their product 1st-hand. As such, minor incentives such as free DLC or limited online functionality, will get people who are seriously interested in their product to fork out the cash for a new copy.

It's as simple as this; if you are really interested in a title you'll pick it up new. If you're curious and 'just wanna check it out', read reviews, enlighten yourself and decide whether the locked content is worth the premium. If not, either rent/2nd hand it or simply don't buy it. Don't go to the forum of your choice and bitch out and generally be a dick to people who have to spell out to you how to access certain content.

tl;dr: don't be an asshole, asshole.

Edited by JoeOConnell

• 2 weeks later...
Rage much? Developers get exactly ZERO revenue from second hand sales and a fraction from rentals. Development for current gen systems is incredibly expensive, especially when you want to make a triple-A title, and those prices are only going to get higher as we venture into next-gen. They have every right to want consumers to purchase their product 1st-hand. As such, minor incentives such as free DLC or limited online functionality, will get people who are seriously interested in their product to fork out the cash for a new copy.

It's as simple as this; if you are really interested in a title you'll pick it up new. If you're curious and 'just wanna check it out', read reviews, enlighten yourself and decide whether the locked content is worth the premium. If not, either rent/2nd hand it or simply don't buy it. Don't go to the forum of your choice and bitch out and generally be a dick to people who have to spell out to you how to access certain content.

tl;dr: don't be an asshole, asshole.

You are the A**hole. You should never use that language. If there was not a gamestop, then they would not have sales anyway. Some people just do not buy new games. Does FORD get money when you sell you used car? No. Once I buy a game, I have the right to sell it to whoever I want. I was the license along with it. Game developer make a ton of money. And they get to go to work and play games. If they do not like it, go work for a company and program an accounting system. I do not get any extra revenue for the programs I write at my work.

By the way, most games do not deserve a $60 price tag. If they lowered it, then maybe more people would buy and and not wait for a used copy.

There is a very simple way to get around resale, put a activation code for the game. That is how other software gets around it.

• 2 weeks later...
Hey i tryed out this game and didnt really like so never got round to the online stuff.i do have the online pass that came with if anybody is intrested. sorry only have 1 so first reply is welcome to it also my region is pal not sure if it will be usefull to other regions

If you don't mind I would like to try it, in not pal, I'm NTSC so if it doesn't work I will let you know so you can give it to someone I your region?

• 11 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Firstly these 2 modes are only for the people who bought new... right? Considering the MP modes of many games dies in a matter of months or even WEEKS !! how many people would be left on these modes anyway? So by including a code to play them, they basically just killed them from the start... wich is stupid. At least they had the decency to not include any achievements or make an online pass that block all the online and every achievements in that...

But i want to put my 2 cent, even if the thread is old, about second hand/used games. Personally i have been buying them for a while. The problem is... once a game is old, its hard to find new in store, sometimes they will have "the demonstrator" left, or maybe 1 or 2 copies still layind around, but they don't keep a bunch of new copies of a 20$ game... But when it comes to used game, they pay almost nothing for them, they pay like 2-3$ for a game they will resale 20, and people still return these old games.. when they don't play them anymore, even if its worth nothing. So in the end most of the time all you can get your hand on is a used copy..

Then there is video club sales, i bough my FEAR3 for 12.99$, im sure in stores i would had pay way more, and if the game would be Game on Demand i would not be surprised to see it at 39.99$ or some overprice like this(considering how old it is) , and you don't even get the box, and you can't resale it... LAME.

So not everybody buy new at release, i can't afford to buy more than 3-4 games half a year at that price, and sadly games seem to be release all at the same damn time, either in march or fall, so once i get the usual COD, Halo and the fighting game of the year(there pretty much always one i buy) i don't have much money to put on smaller games.

In all honestly i was gonna buy FEAR3 new at release...until i heard there was no TDM multiplayer like the 2 others, thats what i like in shooters, i don't like much objectives modes and horde types, i play some in some games, but i won't spend that much hours into that... So paying 6o bucks for a 8 hour campaign is not my type...

I love FEAR, i enjoy the campaigns, but exept the first game wich i played a good share of MP (played not that much in the second) i didn't spend many hours on them, so thats why i can't put too much money on it. I buy COD every year, and yes it kinda piss me off that they release one every year, it would not be nessary, but at the same time i play a lot of it, so its worth it money wise...

Anyway, im sure compagnies would really much benefit if they would release smaller games at smaller price, im not saying FEAR is not a good game, but in the shark tank of big games like COD and Battlefield and such, its doomed to loose, they would benefit either releasing it at a smaller price or during a time of the year where there is less games to buy.

In my case, when i get a game like FEAR or another game where its mostly a one run campaign, i think 20$ is the most i can spend on it... 20$ for the usual 8 hours of play, seem like a fair price... I could maybe go to 30$, but the problem is once it reach the 30 price range, its not long before you can get your hand on a copy at 20...