Question about dead silence

CASCADEYOUTH

Oh you're right I did misunderstand. Total garbage that they're still doing this sitrep/dead silence counter thing yet they won't put Stopping Power back in the game to get rid of Ghost/Cold Blooded.

The dead silence/sitrep counter relationship is the only thing I hate about Cod. They should've just left it as is.

For someone who plays with a headset and has always been a sound whore i'm loving the fact that it's back.

That perk isn't really fair to me: who got headsets, start with a HUGE advantage position. A lot of time when i die in a "how the hell did he know i was there" mode, it's 99% of the time a sound whore, with that perk.

Dead Silence doesn't negate it too, so there's actually NO WAY you can circumnavigate that: if you don't have headset and the enemy does, you dunno where he is but he very probably knows where you are or where you're coming from.

Oh and there's 0 skill involved; what is involved are $70+ probably, so yeah i don't really like that aspect of the game: make you buy an headset otherwise you can freely chose to start with a severe disadvantage.

I do believe that people with headsets are loving that perk hehe, i'm just stating a fact.

i hate it when you look at a kill cam and its obviously the killer is sound whoring, i never felt a need to use a 'dead silence' perk in any COD game with the exception of the ninja perk from MW2 and even then that was only because i hated people who used the heart sensors, so i guess ill have to waste perk points on dead silence even though its rendered useless against people with amplify, fare enough if you've paid for top notch headphones your entitled to use them, even though amplify makes footsteps louder, so i don't understand why it needs to negate dead silence, it makes no sense there's no counter to 'off the grid' or 'incog' perks so why is there a counter to dead silence?

That perk isn't really fair to me: who got headsets, start with a HUGE advantage position. A lot of time when i die in a "how the hell did he know i was there" mode, it's 99% of the time a sound whore, with that perk.

Dead Silence doesn't negate it too, so there's actually NO WAY you can circumnavigate that: if you don't have headset and the enemy does, you dunno where he is but he very probably knows where you are or where you're coming from.

Oh and there's 0 skill involved; what is involved are $70+ probably, so yeah i don't really like that aspect of the game: make you buy an headset otherwise you can freely chose to start with a severe disadvantage.

I do believe that people with headsets are loving that perk hehe, i'm just stating a fact.

You dont need an expensive headset. Just use headphones. They cost as little as 5 bucks man..

And everything has it's counter. Don't wanna be heard? Use dead silence. It just negates amplify back to as if you were both standard.

You dont need an expensive headset. Just use headphones. They cost as little as 5 bucks man..

And everything has it's counter. Don't wanna be heard? Use dead silence. It just negates amplify back to as if you were both standard.

I don't think the 5 bucks headphones do the same job as the more expensive ones, and i should say obviously here. There's really nothing to say, man. Good headphones are expensive for a reason otherwise everybody would use the "normal" 5 bucks one, don't you think?

I do like to not be heard, and that's why i'm using dead silence. Too bad i still got heard from far away (and very good) by people who use awareness.

I'm not gonna argue with anyone who use it, i'm just saying i don't like that aspect of the game: what if with dead silence you're completely silenced even from people who use Awareness? I'm saying i would like it better.

I don't think the 5 bucks headphones do the same job as the more expensive ones, and i should say obviously here. There's really nothing to say, man. Good headphones are expensive for a reason otherwise everybody would use the "normal" 5 bucks one, don't you think?

I do like to not be heard, and that's why i'm using dead silence. Too bad i still got heard from far away (and very good) by people who use awareness.

I'm not gonna argue with anyone who use it, i'm just saying i don't like that aspect of the game: what if with dead silence you're completely silenced even from people who use Awareness? I'm saying i would like it better.

Compared to your TV speakers you'd notice a world of difference with any headphones. The reason TB's/astros etc are more expensive are a) the 5/7.1, and b) they integrate party chat.

I spent good money on my headset. Why shouldn't it do what it's supposed to do? It's available to everyone, and it's hardly my fault if you can't afford it. (I don't mean you, by the way so don't take it as an insult, but other players in general.) I've heard this argument before. I also play on a monitor with a 1ms response time aswell, I suppose that's unfair too towards people playing on TV's or older monitors? It's all advantage..

And anyway, what you're saying makes no sense to me. If you don't like people who use amplify having an advantage over you, then use amplify and level the field. It's really not rocket science..

Edited by Rivercurse

And anyway, what you're saying makes no sense to me. If you don't like people who use amplify having an advantage over you, then use amplify and level the field. It's really not rocket science..
Amplify defeats the purpose of Dead Silence. I'm using it along with Off the Grid and whatever the other "stealth" perks are for a reason: So you can't hear/see me. There isn't a perk to cancel out Off the Grid and the others. So why is there one for Dead Silence?

Amplify defeats the purpose of Dead Silence. I'm using it along with Off the Grid and whatever the other "stealth" perks are for a reason: So you can't hear/see me. There isn't a perk to cancel out Off the Grid and the others. So why is there one for Dead Silence?

Off the grid is an expensive perk to run, there's no reason it shouldn't be strong for what it costs.

Anyway as far as i'm concerned, amplify is my counter to off the grid. Players can go ahead and hide themselves from the radar if they like, I dont need to see them on the mini map because I can hear them moving miles away.

Rivercurse, you rightfully use Awareness and same with your monitor. As you wrong said before i DON'T dislike people who use Awareness and a good monitor, i dislike the decision of IW to make Awareness "defeat" dead silence. Can anyone have an opinion?

Amplify IS your counter to off the grid, i understood, and i think IS your counter to Dead Silence too (you can still hear them good).

""And anyway, what you're saying makes no sense to me. If you don't like people who use amplify having an advantage over you, then use amplify and level the field. It's really not rocket science.. ""

I do believe what i'm saying make no sense to you. I truly believe that. What you're saying, instead, is that i should use (so "everybody" should) Awareness to "level the field" (i'm not gonna go on the rocket science part) because there's ACTUALLY no counter to that.

To put it simple: You're saying Awareness IS the counter to OFF THE GRID and DEAD SILENCE, and that there's NO COUNTER TO AWARENESS (use it too, level the field etc etc).

I'm agree with that. It doesn't mean i like it.

Use it man, you rightfully do. Can i disagree about this IW choice (to make dead silence useless against Awareness)?

Thanks.

Edited by Perax

My point is that i don't like Awareness that counter other 2 perks (off the grid and dead silence) when Dead Silence is useless (it does counter nothing, literally) if anyone use Awareness.

Take this example:

Awareness is NEVER a bad perk, even if people use dead silence.

Dead Silence IS AN USELESS perk, if people use Awareness.

Why bother with dead silence then?

I just don't like that.

Hope this is easier to understand, cya in game :)

Edited by Perax