Did anyone get the Collectors edition?

damtalldylan

I went to GameStop today and upgraded my pre-order from regular to the Collectors Edition. I put down all $80 (+5 for tax)

It's going to have;

• Collectible SteelBook Casing: Brushed metallic SteelBook hard case with debossed logo containing two pieces of art featuring Vito and Joe, the stars of Mafia II.
  • Made Man Pack: Free access to in-game downloadable pack that lets players get behind the wheel of two different luxury automobiles modeled after classic cars from the period. In addition, Vito will look the part with two new “made man” suits, including a vintage tux.
  • Hardcover Art Book: Get to know the families of Empire Bay with a 100-page photo album-style art book that takes fans through the artistic design process of the game.
  • Mafia II Orchestral Soundtrack: Immerse yourself in Empire Bay’s symphonic masterpiece with the Mafia II score recorded by the Prague FILMHarmonic Orchestra on CD.
  • Map of Empire Bay: Get familiar with the neighborhoods and own the streets with a high quality, tear-resistant map depicting the 10 square miles of Empire Bay and all the hangout spots.

I'm curious if anyone else is shelling out the extra $20 for this.

Im so hyped for this game, i bought all 3 editions; normal, special and collectors edition :L I bought the normal edition for the brothers, special for myself and the collectors just for the hell of it. ha.

This means im getting the Greaser dlc, Vegas dlc and Made man dlc free :)

Edited by GreaseMonkeyGB

Im so hyped for this game, i bought all 3 editions; normal, special and collectors edition :L I bought the normal edition for the brothers, special for myself and the collectors just for the hell of it. ha.

This means im getting the Greaser dlc, Vegas dlc and Made man dlc free :)

My friend, nothing is free. You are paying for everything.

i'm getting the special edtion i think extra ingame stuff over the collectors is worth it seeing as its the same price as the normal game (£40)

my pack has:

• Made Man Pack: Get a taste of being a Made Man in this new DLC pack. Feel the difference of a luxury automobile as you drive 2 cars featuring bold design and dynamic performance. Vito will look the part in 2 new suits including a red carpet worthy tux.
  • Greaser Pack: The Mafia II Greaser DLC pack is all about speed. These 2 new hot-rod speedsters will win you pink slips every time. Pair that with 2 new suits for Vito, one with leather jacket and heavy boots, the other a leather racing suit, and get ready to start your engines.
  • Printed Map: A guide to Empire Bay
  • Exclusive Packshot Artwork

after doing a bit of research, i finally went with the pre order from amazon (renegade pack). the vegas and war hero pack didnt really appeal to me... idk, riding around in an army truck cant be that cool. and the clothes are kinda lame for both imo - the vegas suits look "douchy" and too "texas". the cars look weak.

the greaser pack does give you some pretty sweet cars but just the racing suit through me off a little. i cant see myself running around town in full racing gear.

all in all, i think the renegade is a good mix of awesome rides and outfits i'll actually wear.

My friend, nothing is free. You are paying for everything.

The straws at McDonalds are free ;)

Yeah i got the collectors myself, we only got two editions here in Australia, standard and collectors.

Did you guys get the posters as well? They are actually pretty good, styled like the old school pin up girl posters, but each lady is carressing a weapon of some nature. Very cool

• 2 weeks later...