Server connection

Iceman9482

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Seems there is an issue if your account is in a family pack, you can not join or see online matches - here is the post on bungie - note that it states there is a fix (copied below)...

Source: http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=59397651#59632998

Potential fix (not confirmed):

I found one guy who says he has a work around. You can re-activate this 'Xbox Originals" setting logging on to a Xbox 360 console with your Live Account, and then under settings on the dashboard, follow the options to reset the console to its original settings. Then use the setup wizard to create a NEW "non-family" Gold account (set up a free and get one month gold option). After logging in with that new account, go to your profile settings and you should see the "Xbox Originals" option. Activate the option to permit Xbox originals... then sign out with that account and log in with your family gold account on the Xbox and it should pick up these settings (which are apparently console settings and not user settings). Then go to your PC and log into Live and the settings should transfer and allow you to play Halo 2. I have not tested it yet.

* I played around with this and cant find where the Xbox Originals section that is mentioned is located - I can reset the console to factory state and fail at that point, but i did not create a new account, rather used an existing non family one - can someone attempt this?

Is initial setup reset to factory defaults because I don't think it is and can't find anything else

EDIT

Just followed the steps After I found the actually factory reset procedure. Created a new account. Couldn't find xbox originals but I did find "un rated content" set that to allow. Tried to sign into halo with family pack account but nothing happened. Decided to try the other account on halo to make sure my network was working and it connected to the servers instantly :(

Very annoying. Does anyone know the number to call to log the bug so hopefully they have enough people complaining to do something?

Edited by adammcd09

1-877-274-4349 - This is G4WL support (call first)

For live support, call 1-800-4MY-XBOX

I have called both numbers and logged it.

To me, their response was to play on a silver account and not worry about the achievements - i am probably going to cancel my family pack, get the achievements and start a new family pack because it sounds that they know about the issue but it is too much of a hassle to fix the problem

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Seems there is an issue if your account is in a family pack, you can not join or see online matches - here is the post on bungie - note that it states there is a fix (copied below)...

Source: http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=59397651#59632998

Potential fix (not confirmed):

I found one guy who says he has a work around. You can re-activate this 'Xbox Originals" setting logging on to a Xbox 360 console with your Live Account, and then under settings on the dashboard, follow the options to reset the console to its original settings. Then use the setup wizard to create a NEW "non-family" Gold account (set up a free and get one month gold option). After logging in with that new account, go to your profile settings and you should see the "Xbox Originals" option. Activate the option to permit Xbox originals... then sign out with that account and log in with your family gold account on the Xbox and it should pick up these settings (which are apparently console settings and not user settings). Then go to your PC and log into Live and the settings should transfer and allow you to play Halo 2. I have not tested it yet.

* I played around with this and cant find where the Xbox Originals section that is mentioned is located - I can reset the console to factory state and fail at that point, but i did not create a new account, rather used an existing non family one - can someone attempt this?

I can confirm this...if you have a gold family pack you will be unable to find any servers available and be unable to connect to any anyones session in progress or invites they send to join game. As soon as I removed myself from the gold family pack and set up my account on it's own 1 month gold account I found plenty of servers. I also called GFWL Tech Support and they confirmed that this is a known problem and they are working on a solution...until then you have to have your own gold account and not be part of the family pack if you want to do any live play matchmaking :(

I can confirm this...if you have a gold family pack you will be unable to find any servers available and be unable to connect to any anyones session in progress or invites they send to join game. As soon as I removed myself from the gold family pack and set up my account on it's own 1 month gold account I found plenty of servers. I also called GFWL Tech Support and they confirmed that this is a known problem and they are working on a solution...until then you have to have your own gold account and not be part of the family pack if you want to do any live play matchmaking :(

:( I suppose it's good to hear that they are apparently working on a fix. It's only been a couple of years! Hopefully it will be fixed before Halo 4 comes out!

• 2 weeks later...