Audio Log Guide

A. Gamer

Achievement Guide:

There are 32 mission specific audio logs and 42 common audio logs, for a total of 74. Each mission/level awards 2 specific audio logs -- one is for simply winning the mission, and the other is for satisfying all of the primary objectives. The common audio logs are awarded when the mission specific audio logs have already been awarded (ex: replaying a mission/level), or when the objective requirements haven't been met (ex: failed to defend one or more of the objectives but still won).

You will obtain most of the audio logs while going for several other achievements (completing the story lines, what if missions, Tough as nails, etc.), so leave this one for the clean up.

The most commonly missing audio logs are the ones that require that you 'shut out' the opponent by successfully defending the first objective. This can sometimes be tricky in co-op/versus play, so setting up custom freeplay games (1 vs 0) on those maps and simply letting the clock run out will usually suffice to mop up those pesky audio logs.

Additionally, keep in mind that it is possible to jump into a co-op/versus game where one or more of the offensive objectives had already been completed, so running through those levels on custom freeplay will allow you to confirm that you did indeed satisfy all of the objectives when you win the mission/level.

Finally, objectives that seem to be mutually exclusive do not have to be satisfied explicitly...

Example #1: you do not have to actually "Disable the Bot" on "Chopper Down" (Resort, Security) if you are able to "Defend the Pillar". Satisfying "Defend the Pillar" by shutting out the enemy will get you both audio logs (or doing shut-out twice in custom freeplay).

Example #2: you can get both audio logs on "Day 7: Attack on CCity" (Container City, Resistance) without actually satisfying the "Disable the Maintenance Bot" objective. If you manage a shut-out by satisfying "Defend the Gate" and the bot hasn't come around at that point, you will still get both audio logs (or doing shut-out twice in custom freeplay). Although you can switch sides to bring the bot forward in custom freeplay, it has been confirmed that it is not required for the audio log to be awarded.

List of mission specific audio logs (freeplay levels shown in parentheses):

Security

Day 1: Hostage Rescue (Aquarium, Security):

- Founder Barbara Elmhurst #1: Encrypted personal journal 02/08/44

- Founder Barbara Elmhurst #2: Encrypted personal journal 04/28/44 Pt 01

Day 3: Smash and Grab (Terminal, Security):

- Founder Barbara Elmhurst #3: Encrypted personal journal 04/28/44 Pt 02

- Founder Barbara Elmhurst #4: Encrypted personal journal 06/30/44

Day 4: Dirty Bomb (Container City, Security):

- Founder Barbara Elmhurst #5: Encrypted personal journal 07/12/44

- Founder Barbara Elmhurst #6: Encrypted personal journal 09/29/44

Day 5: Prison Break (Security Tower, Security):

- Founder Barbara Elmhurst #7: Encrypted personal journal 11/25/44

- Founder Barbara Elmhurst #8: Encrypted personal journal 01/16/45

Day 6: Early Launch (Shipyard, Security):

- Founder Barbara Elmhurst #9: Encrypted personal journal 02/24/45

- Founder Barbara Elmhurst #10: Encrypted personal journal 03/09/45

Day 8: Fallout (Reactor, Security):

- Founder Barbara Elmhurst #11: Encrypted personal journal 03/19/45

- Founder Barbara Elmhurst #12: Encrypted personal journal 03/28/45

Chopper Down (Resort, Security):

- Founder Barbara Elmhurst #13: Encrypted personal journal 04/01/45

- Captain Clinton Mokoena #1: Encrypted personal journal 03/27/43

Grand Theft Aero (Refuel, Security):

- Captain Clinton Mokoena #2: Encrypted personal journal 12/08/44

- Captain Clinton Mokoena #6: Encrypted personal journal 03/21/45

Resistance

Day 1: Getting Answers (Aquarium, Resistance):

- AWU Secretary Joe Chen #3: Encrypted personal journal 07/23/43

- AWU Secretary Joe Chen #4: Encrypted personal journal 08/12/43

Day 2: Breakout (Security Tower, Resistance):

- AWU Secretary Joe Chen #13: Encrypted personal journal 11/21/44

- AWU Secretary Joe Chen #15: Encrypted personal journal 02/12/45

Day 3: Chen's Plans (Terminal, Resistance):

- AWU Secretary Joe Chen #16: Encrypted personal journal 02/15/45

- AWU Secretary Joe Chen #19: Encrypted personal journal 03/25/45

Day 6: Black Box (Resort, Resistance):

- AWU Secretary Joe Chen #17: Encrypted personal journal 03/19/45

- AWU Secretary Joe Chen #18: Encrypted personal journal 03/23/45

Day 7: Attack on CCity (Container City, Resistance):

- AWU Secretary Joe Chen #9: Encrypted personal journal 02/19/44

- AWU Secretary Joe Chen #6: Encrypted personal journal 11/08/43

Day 8: Airborne (Refuel, Resistance):

- AWU Secretary Joe Chen #5: Encrypted personal journal 10/27/43

- AWU Secretary Joe Chen #1: Encrypted personal journal 02/18/43

Operation Babel (Shipyard, Resistance):

- AWU Secretary Joe Chen #11: Encrypted personal journal 11/09/44

- AWU Secretary Joe Chen #14: Encrypted personal journal 01/11/45

Critical Reaction (Reactor, Resistance):

- AWU Secretary Joe Chen #7: Encrypted personal journal 12/09/43

- AWU Secretary Joe Chen #2: Encrypted personal journal 07/12/43

Notes:

- you are awarded 1 audio log per win when playing solo, both in campaign or freeplay (even custom 1 vs 0 freeplay games);

- you are awarded 2 audio logs per win when playing campaign online (co-op or versus);

- any audio logs not specifically listed above can be obtained on any mission/level, even the same one played over and over;

- you can change sides as needed in custom freeplay;

- audio logs are not awarded for the challenges (you can get them all without playing a single challenge mission);

- audio logs are not campaign dependent (you can get them all in freeplay without playing a single campaign mission);

- audio logs are not awarded for leveling, nor are they level dependent (you can get any of them with a rank 1 char);

- audio logs are not tied to a single character (i.e. you can use all 10 of the char slots to collect them);

- secondary objectives are not relevant to the audio logs (you can get all of the audio logs without ever completing a single secondary objective).

Note to mods: I created a new thread for this because the other thread seemed inactive, and the OP had not been updated his post to reflect the submissions made within that thread.

EDIT: full list of all audio logs and mission objectives can be found on my Brink Notes page.

Edited by Tyger7

The guide is great and everything, and we appreciate the effort, but am I the only one noticing like 30 of these threads cropping up, whether they are guides or already answered questions about the logs?

Nope, lots of people have done these threads, but none of them were as comprehensive or as correct as this guide is, and it finally straightens out a few misconceptions or any confusion about audio logs.

The guide is great and everything, and we appreciate the effort, but am I the only one noticing like 30 of these threads cropping up, whether they are guides or already answered questions about the logs?

No doubt. I searched and searched when I was down to my last 3 audio logs.

After not finding a real solution (just a bunch of speculation or diaries of how people got theirs without really knowing how or why), I decided to figure it out... Fired up some of my old booster accounts and went to work grinding it out and taking meticulous notes. Some 200+ missions later, it all fell into place.

If you can link to a guide that actually spells it out, and lists more than a happenstance of audio logs, then I did indeed waste my time. But, I have a hunch you will find only a fraction of 32 mission specific logs, and a bunch of speculation as to why/how those were obtained. One of the reasons I included the notes at the end of my guide was to debunk all of the carp explanations posted in the many other threads/sites. :eek:

The difference between this and any other thread is that this one is complete. It covers every single one of the 74 audio logs, no exceptions. There should be no further posts by anyone asking how to get a specific log. Hence the complete/final in the subject.

Obviously, it would have been better if I had done it a while ago, but I didn't get itchy to figure it out until it was my last achievement. ;)

Is there any map that's the easiest to boost all the common ones out on?

Depends on how you want to do it...

If you want to do it mostly AFK (i.e. while browsing the forums, etc), then pick one of the 8 min defense maps and just let the clock run out:

- Refuel, Security

- Aquarium, Resistance

- Terminal, Resistance

- Container City, Resistance

If you want to run thru them as quickly as possible (i.e. actually take the objectives yourself), then pick one of the short levels and focus on just the primary objective(s):

- Shipyard, Security

- Reactor, Resistance

Depending on which map you want to play over and over, you may want to set your character default type accordingly (i.e. engineer on Shipyard, agent on Reactor).

Course, that is assuming you are playing in custom freeplay games set to 1 vs 0. Not sure I would boost them in actual campaign missions -- although you get 2 per win online, you can definitely win 2 custom freeplay games in the time it would take to (maybe?) win one online.

Yeah, doing them in solo private freeplay.

Been leaving it sit on the level where security is defending the pillar from HE charges while I get some work done. Once I'm finished I'll probably run through some of the short ones over and over.

Then I just need the mine and disguise achievements and I'm done. ; D

Thanks for this guide by the way, helped me get a few that I wouldn't have figured out otherwise.

I need the following

AWU - log 2 and 14

Captain Clinton - log 1 and 6

Tips on how to get them ?

Btw i noticed right now that when i went for the tough as nails achievement in created a new character. The Audio logs i got from that playthrough added it self up with the earlier character. So in theory if i create another character and play some missions. Is there a higher % of me getting the 4 i need faster ?

I need the following

AWU - log 2 and 14

Btw i noticed right now that when i went for the tough as nails achievement in created a new character. The Audio logs i got from that playthrough added it self up with the earlier character. So in theory if i create another character and play some missions. Is there a higher % of me getting the 4 i need faster ?

Please read the guide in the OP. I know it is a big wall of text, but all of your questions were already answered... As indicated above...

- audio logs are not awarded for leveling, nor are they level dependent (you can get any of them with a rank 1 char);

- audio logs are not tied to a single character (i.e. you can use all 10 of the char slots to collect them);

- any audio logs not specifically listed above can be obtained on any mission/level, even the same one played over and over;

Basically, if playing solo, you will need to win every map 2 times, and one of those wins will require that you satisfy all of the primary objectives (i.e. shut-out on all 8 defense maps). Then you will also need to win on any map another 42 times for the remaining common audio logs. Any map, even the same one over and over and over. Since you get 2 audiologs while playing online, you can cut those numbers in half if you play them with other people. Although custom freeplay 1 vs 0 games are probably going to be quicker (since you are guaranteed to win every time).

Also, listed above are the following missions:

- AWU Secretary Joe Chen #14: Operation Babel (Shipyard, Resistance)

- AWU Secretary Joe Chen #2: Critical Reaction (Reactor, Resistance)

- Captain Clinton Mokoena #1: Chopper Down (Resort, Security)

- Captain Clinton Mokoena #6: Grand Theft Aero (Refuel, Security)

You will need to shut-out the enemy on Operation Babel and Grand Theft Aero (i.e. prevent the opponents from getting their first objective). The other two should pop next time you win on those missions, assuming you play them start to finish (i.e. if you hop into a game that is in progress and miss the part where they got the first objective it may not satisfy the requirements for the audio log).

Edited by A. Gamer

I need the following

AWU - log 2 and 14

Yeah the guide in the OP tells you how to get every audio log pretty clearly. Check the link provided as well, as that breaks down each audio log.

I was way lost trying to get them until I read through the post. They really aren't that hard to get, thankfully :)

Hey guys.

I've read through this thread thoroughly, as well as the attached links regarding the Audio Logs, and there is one I still cannot unlock. It is the following:

Joe Chen Operation Babel #2 (Shipyard, Resistance, shutout)

According to the Log Guide, the #2 means The #2 indicates it is the second audio log you get for the mission/level, and is usually for satisfying all of the primary objectives.

I have played this level nearly half a dozen times, as Resistance, completing every objective primary and secondary, and nothing. I've tried just completing primary objectives, still nothing. No Log. It's the last one I need too. Glitch, or am I doing something incorrectly? Again before you say 'read the info in the opening post, I have done, and have followed what the log guide says to a tee. Thanks very much for any help.

edit: It decided to randomly pop after my 8th attempt.

Edited by Puff Braddy

I'm seriously missing 1 audio log. I've beaten EVERYTHING with A.I. and Humans, versus, and single player. I still can't get the last one.

Well, once you figure out which one you are missing, look it up on the list in the OP, and then you will be able to focus on just that mission (or freeplay level). I suspect that it is one of the defense levels where you need to keep the enemy from getting their first objective -- basically, doing a shut-out at least once on all 8 of the defense missions is required.

Just FYI, you can get all 74 audio logs (and the achievement) without playing a single campaign mission, or challenge. You can get them all in custom 1 vs 0 freeplay games (i.e you and ZERO bots). I know... Boring... But it works.

Only one more, really thankful for this guide man, but one question...What do you mean by shutout?

Edit - I thought I knew, didn't realize I was on the wrong team and began to wonder why, sorry about that.

Edited by Verdinial
Mistake

lol this game

i was missing - Captain Clinton Mokoena #6 on refuel

the funny thing is I did this on versus, and stopped the cpu from getting to the door (the door was still up)

yet it didn't give me the audio log into i went in alone and just waited for the match to end.

:drunkfinal achieve done

• 1 month later...
Nope, lots of people have done these threads, but none of them were as comprehensive or as correct as this guide is, and it finally straightens out a few misconceptions or any confusion about audio logs.

why not put exactly what has to be done for every log, rather than suggest we play a custom game with no bots for all the levels... who has that kind of time?

EDIT: nvm i saw the "brink notes" link with the full list, thanks

Edited by jadelynx11

• 2 weeks later...