Achievement Discussion Thread

bplayak

I agree that some of the achievements will require coordination, particularly the ones for completing a strike and raid without anyone in your fireteam dying.

Other than that it seems like an easy list. I'm glad Bungie isn't making rediculous pvp achievements, like they have in the past. I'm looking at you, Halo 3.

Is it just me or does the achievement app not track progress like most other games? If so, that's surprising for such a major title.

I've played crucible matches and have gotten kills but the 'x kills' achievements aren't showing progress towards them.

Ya same for me. Kind of annoying not being able to track progression on achievements. Also, I've had 2 achievements pop only after I restarted the game. I didn't even know I earned them until I logged back into the game.

Question about the achievement for maxing a subclass: do you guys suppose you can get the achievement without picking a second subclass? When I look at my skills for my Warlock, at the top is says "Voidwalker, Warlock Subclass." So does this default count as a subclass and I can simply max this one out without having to start all over with picking a second subclass?

Same here, can anyone else confirm? Is this just a temporary thing, or what?

Well seems bungie have fallen of the boat on this one, not surprised really seen as there now owned but Activision :(

But they have very poorly implemented the achievements as most are glitched none are tacking and there popping ar random :(

What's more nether activision or bungie are willing to answer questions on it there keep pointing me to each other and saying "bets to contact support here"

then just pointing me to each others support pages :(

As much as I am enjoying the game its the little things that are really bugging me and being ignored by the very people that claim to "Put are fans first" is just a joke!

• 2 weeks later...
Ugh, that sucks.

Can I get Ascendant Energy from Vanguard Tiger Strikes now?

Hmm I'm not sure, I've been playing a lot of tiger strikes in last two days and have not got any energy or shards yet. You need to grind vanguard/crucible marks and buy legendary weapons then dismantle them pretty. :p #grinding

Hmm I'm not sure, I've been playing a lot of tiger strikes in last two days and have not got any energy or shards yet. You need to grind vanguard/crucible marks and buy legendary weapons then dismantle them pretty. :p #grinding

Damn. I am 1 energy away from being able to fully upgrade my exotic weapon. I am at 84/2500 for crucible rank 3. D:

Damn. I am 1 energy away from being able to fully upgrade my exotic weapon. I am at 84/2500 for crucible rank 3. D:

Just do your daily heroics and public event farming. I have tons of ascendant materials saved up for when I get full Prime Zealot. (Gold Hunter raid gear)

Oh, I thought you only get legendary mats once a day.

Nope. You get a guaranteed material from your first event per day from the post master, but you have a chance of getting them as a reward for doing them. You can get quite a few if you have no other way of getting them. I currently have 42 shards and 23 energies. Most of them came from events.

What I do:

1. Go to patrol Earth.

2. Go to The Mothyards at XX:00 and XX:30 and do the events.

3. Go the the Divide at XX:15 and XX:45 and do those. (1 event every 15 mins)

4. Do patrol missions in between wait times for rep.

On topic: lately I've been forcing myself to play as the other classes I don't want to play (titan, warlock) and getting clan people together for the achievements. I realized something. I've played with many achievement hunters and I've never even looked at their gamerscores. Achievements are really only for self satisfaction, but what's the point when you remove having fun playing the game in order to get the achievements? I've decided to stop caring for achievements that force me to play the game in ways I don't want to. I've grown out of that. I'm focusing on my enjoyment now. :)

Nope. You get a guaranteed material from your first event per day from the post master, but you have a chance of getting them as a reward for doing them. You can get quite a few if you have no other way of getting them. I currently have 42 shards and 23 energies. Most of them came from events.

What I do:

1. Go to patrol Earth.

2. Go to The Mothyards at XX:00 and XX:30 and do the events.

3. Go the the Divide at XX:15 and XX:45 and do those. (1 event every 15 mins)

4. Do patrol missions in between wait times for rep.

This is what I do when I want to max out my vanguard marks, although the one in mothyards doesn't always appear whilst the walker in divide seems to be guaranteed. So a lot of the time I'm there for 30mins doing nothing. :/

This is what I do when I want to max out my vanguard marks, although the one in mothyards doesn't always appear whilst the walker in divide seems to be guaranteed. So a lot of the time I'm there for 30mins doing nothing. :/

That's when you do some spinmetal farming/patrol missions to get your Vanguard rank up. That's what I'm doing till I get to rank 3.

Strength of the Pack Achievement

Is not unlocking, Did at least 5 strikes today (low level ones) as a clan.

All 3 fireteam members have the clan name under the Destiny/Xbox Gamer Tag when viewing the roster of the team.

Read that there can be a delay. Is it 1 day delay or even 1 week delay.

I have logged out of my Destiny game every day and full exit to Dashboard.

What if the group is 6 years old , not sure how old the clan is?

• 3 weeks later...

Question: I have a save at the Atheon battle on normal.. can I just change the difficulty to hard and it will start in the same place? or does the vault have 2 different save files? I don't want to screw up my atheon save if I start it on hard, which puts me back at the beginning and overwrites my save.. know what I mean?