100% Accurate PROVEN Who want's my autograph. also multi/single problem solution

CloudedJudgement

I posted a solution to this problem on gamefaqs several months ago yet I keep seeing posts here complaining it's not working, so I'll post it here for the lazy!

Follow these steps and like me you can get this achievement 100%

This does not require you complete all chapters in one play as previously described. How do I know? Because I have it from doing this method. The game must be completed in order from level 1-15 obtaining an A rank so while you are attempting this you must not do anything else, don't repeat a level don't do any multi-player nothing but this.

1. To attempt this you must delete your save data. The book must state 0/22

2. To get an A+ you must have less than 3 deaths to get an A you must have 10 or less deaths. This applies for ALL LEVELS!

3. Count your deaths and I mean count them, if you are not going to complete the level in 10 or less deaths return to taleville and redo the level. ALSO NOTE: If you do not receive a rank and you have counted your deaths less than 10 no problem you will still unlock this!

4. Complete all levels in order without doing anything else. ALSO NOTE: If your game crashes simply repeat the level after rebooting after firstly making sure you are starting at the correct level according to the book.

5. Congratulations this achievement is now yours.

I discovered this when doing level 9 the boss bugged on me so i repeated it from this stage onward and I achieved the achievement, this was done over 2 separate plays with powering down the system in between.

SINGLE/MULTI ACHIEVEMENT WONT UNLOCK SOLUTION

If you are having problems after completing single player or multi-player runs and the game won't give you the other this seems to be related the games ability to not overwrite the data and only storing the first entry as such you need to delete your save data if you have previously done that level in another mode. This means doing mixed online and single mode will prevent you from obtaining either of those.

I was actually amazed at how simple it was, once I realised that there was a problem with the game's ability to overwrite save data, it became clear that for every achievement that required a playthrough had to be done on a clear book.

As for being a member of trueachievements I am not so go ahead and post it there thanks ^^.

Sounds plausible, however, I couldn't even find my save data in order to move it from one console to the next. If it that is the case however, Autograph would have to be the last one I went for, since I have the statue to finish first along with the village drunk, so I don't want to lose my progress with those things...

I couldn't find my save data either, but I may have the solution to how to get this now. Of course this is with the patch. As you know first and foremost you will need to unlock all levels.

All 22! Just to play it safe. Then do you notice there are 15 total chapters. Some of these chapters have two parts. the first part and usually a boss fight which is the conclusion.

Try this. Play all of these conclusions and get an A rank or above. Do them in one playthrough if ya can. If it freezes turn off Xbox and continue where it froze.

But I am pretty sure you only need to play through the 8 boss/conclusion levels. That is what the two guys on TrueAchievements said.

Now does anyone know if you can play single player first then go back and do multuplayer? Still if this is screwed up I need to get on TA and find a partner to play through this game on easy all 22 levels. Then I will just do boss fights on easy, and it will count toward completion so once all 22 levels are unlocked you will only have to play the boss levels I think. If it lets you select the difficulty. not sure though.

yes rowdy you will find that this was posted on gamefaqs like my original fix to the who wants my autograph.

Say for example you are wanting to do the Hard/Medium difficulty on either multiplayer or single and you have completed all 22 chapters to unlock the end credits you can select the boss stage just remember do not do the same difficulty again.

Anyway I'll make a new post with the information for this board.

I myself have gotten the autograph one but in the middle of a playthrough today. Started on easy book was already at 13/22 , so from the beginning till level ten it froze, booted it up again and kept playing after I beat that level it gave me the achievement but I also restarted the lv cuz I died more than ten times. So Im guessing it doesnt matter if the data is deleted I think the patch helped me out even tho it seems like I glitched it somehow lol.

But I am pretty sure you only need to play through the 8 boss/conclusion levels. That is what the two guys on TrueAchievements said.

Just to clarify before I give this a go, are you saying that you can simply complete the boss conclusions with a A to get the Autograph achievement to get it to pop, thereby avoiding trawling through all the others?...

• 2 weeks later...

Still trying to figure this out all the way. Since Xbox 360 owners have no way to delete their gamesaves then there has to be another way.

Anyways currently I have beat the game single player on easy mode. I know for a fact that I have A+ or A Ranked all the boss fights aka conclusions except for the 2nd beaver fight. I may have A ranked it, but I don't remember. I have A ranked all other conclusion fights as well.

Now I didn't do them all in a row. Like CloudedJudgement says to do them all in a row, and make sure you get A rank if you don't get A Rank quit to Taleville, and try again. HIS METHOD IT SEEMS IS TO DO IT ON A FRESH SAVE OR A GAME THAT HAS 0/22. Well I can't delete my game save plus I have 22/22 on easy done and I have 3/22 on medium done, and no way am I going to try to A Rank this crap on hard mode.

So what I am going to try to do is play it all over on EASY mode. Start to finish. Of course I am going to go ahead and fight the beaver the 2nd time. Then play the 15 level method in a row. See what happens. Maybe do half tonight the other half tomorrow and see if it works.

My question is...Has anyone that has already completed easy on the Xbox 360 version? Where you able to get this achievement say after you already beat easy mode and going for this achievement playing on the easy difficulty?

The one guy several post above said he had his say 13/22 on easy done, and he somehow got it? I don't know what or how the hell that happened for him, but hey dude did you atleast beat easy mode before this cheevo popped? Any assistance would be futile!

You have to remember that a clean save was only needed pre-patch. Now you can do it without deleting your save game from the memory card.

Just replay the chapters getting your A/A+ and you will get the achievement, at least other people have been since the patch even on a used save game. As the chests now work so should this.

I would also say that even if you once obtained an A/A+, if you redo a level and get a lower value that will be saved instead. Remember that like the Treasure Hunter you must finish on the last boss CH15 and watch the credits to unlock this achievement. Also I would not risk doing it on a staggered play CH4, CH8, CH1, although technically it should work I wouldn't risk it.

I got the achievement by doing just the 'fast replay' levels on my third playthrough (having already beaten easy-solo) of the game. I did them in a different orders, some in co-op and some in single player. It unlocked after beating level 8. You definitely do not have to play it start to finish. Getting a lower grade in a chapter doesn't wipe out the higher score you already obtained.

Best thing I can tell you is to write the grade down for each chapter and mark it off as you get an A - it's probably just one level that you're missing.

Sounds good guys. Like I said I beat all bosses on A+ or A! I will go ahead and fight the beaver again though just to make sure, and finish the other 7 levels just running through them normal. I hope I don't have to do the candy castle interior on A or A+ that level has so many damn traps it is not even funny.

That is also awesome what the guy says above that it remembers your A+ or A and that take precidence. I will fight that beaver again to make sure then do the normal first part of the levels trying to get A and A+. If it doesn't work I will just start fresh with a check list.

That damn well achievement! Hopefully I can get it as well sometime. I have played through easy and some on medium and still have not got that achievement for wishing well. Any special wishing wells that I may have a better chance on?

Hmm not so much as special but if i recall theres one on CH13 that only costs 1000 coins, and you can easily have 100,000 in that level allowing you to buy 100 tries! After you have done your statue and dont care about coins just buy as many at all wishing wells and you will get it.

The problem is that you can only use a well six times. I was on my last playthrough and I still didn't have it. I got the achievement on the arena stage, the one in the clouds. I was a little skeptical that you could get it there, because the money you throw in isn't counted in the money stats, but that's where I eventually got it.

That was, of course, after a few hours of reloading chapter three and running to the first well hoping I'd get it there. It's truly random.

Well here is where I am. I did chapter 3 and died 11 times. Now they gave me an A once for dying 11 times so on my paper I have I put a question mark on that level to re-do it if I don't get the cheevement. I beat all 8 boss conclusion levels + epilogue with a A or A+. Did about three levels last night where I had 9 deaths and I barely got A on those. Freaking levels with a ton of traps. I need to do beanstalk level which is level chatper 11, and chapter 7 and 8. Then I will do epilogue again to see if it pops. If not I will redo chapter 3. Here is my thing! Chapter 8 is a bitch! The normal race on the rainbow track I know the patterns and tonight I am just going to stay on the track the whole time, and try to skip fighting the bad guys.

Does anyone know if I can jsut stay on the track the whole time? Like can I go under those tunnels? Or will they make me go up those side steps?

One more thing after the little nice forest section on chapter 8 I come to a dirt road with two barricades and these running wagons just nail my ass this is before the "NASCAR" race. Anyone know the pattern for those wagons that come at you. I died 5 times at that one part. Pissed me off cause I am going to need to conserve lives on the NASCAR track. So yeah any help on that would be good.

Climbing Beanstalk will be easy I may of already got an A on that level. Not sure. So I want to do chapter 8 before I do chapter 7 and 11.

Congrats. Yeah it certainly is a toughie.. For anyone else I found that racetrack to be quite easy. All you do is watch the color that the enemy has just passed and run to it, follow that color until another passes you by and move to that color. You might die once at the crossroad of death but other than that it should be easy. remember you can stand underneath the ramps for a breather if you need too.

As for how you got an A on 11 deaths?! is a mystery as A is 10 deaths or less. thats most likely why you had to replay it because you really got a B.

Since it seems that most people now are getting the full 1000 points I might move onto another game in need of some help :) I'll still check back but not as requently :p

Got it!:Bounce:

Did it starting out on Easy and working my way through, skipping straight to the boss conclusions on the appropriate chapters. I wasn't sure whether I would have to repeat chapter 3 or not, since though I got under 10 deaths, it didn't award me any grade at all. Weird. Anyway, I got as far as the Big Giant boss and after I got my A, the achievement popped without me even having to do the Little Tailor battle! I can only surmise that this was due to my already having got an A for this level previously and the game must have remembered.

So as mine and rdowdy95's experiences seem to show, you don't have to do the whole lot through in one lick, but can maybe redo the ones that you are certain that you haven't got top marks for? :) Anyway...with that done it will be trying to do the poxy chest achievement. I'll take a deep breath and give it a go...maybe next weekend;)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Okay, so I just wanted to let everyone know that this technique still works great! I just got the achievement earlier this morning. Now, for a few details. I first played this game almost 3 years ago, entirely offline (no Live at that time). Beat it on easy (22/22), normal (22/22), and 17/22 completed on hard. Got 42 or so of the achievements before I moved on to another game. Didn't play it again until a few weeks ago (this time, with Live, same profile). Even though I had written down which stages I had received an A or A+ on, I started from Chapter 1 anyway, just in case. Playing on easy, it took about 2 hours, or so, to play through. The achievement didn't pop until after the ending credits, even though I thought I only needed an A/A+ on Chapters 6, 8, and 11. However, due to other posters' testimonies, I'm guessing that I didn't have Chapter 15 done with an A like I thought I did. Also, I didn't get a grade on Chapter 3 (seems to be pretty common), and still got the achievement. Also, also, I didn't clear my game save and still got the achievement, which tells me you do not have to be showing 0/22 on any difficulty. (as I previously stated, 22/22, 22/22, 17/22 when I got this) In any event, follow the OP's general directions and you should get this achievement, no problem. At least, I did. :)

Now, on to the treasure chest and MP achievements. Wish me luck. :p

Edited by Impdaddyzer0