all 3 films are or they going to split it up

THE KURGAN

just finished batman 2 which was great and as a big LOTR fan am looking forward to this but cant help wandering if they will split it or have all 3 films books whatever in the game and a huge big hub of the world would be amazing like the one in batman 2 only bigger.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Even though 99% of the Lego games are based on the movies, they're based on books too. For example, in Lego Harry Potter 1-4, there was a Sphinx, just like in the book (in the very last level), but it wasn't in the movie.

95% of the Potter games was based on the movies. Star Wars II and Complete, Indy 1 & 2 and Pirates were all 100% based on the movies. Batman 1 & 2 are the only ones not from a movie. Even Clone Wars was based off of the TV episodes.

With the confirmation that there will be 85 characters in LotR based on the movies as well as the novels, one would think that the game would include scenes from the novels. But how can it? I say this because the dialogue is from the movies, and since those scenes from the novels weren't filmed, how can they include playable levels of say the Barrow Downs and scenes not in the movie, unless they got voice actors to match the real actors like they did in Batman 2. It's a possibility.

I fear that this one will be as simple as Pirates or Indy 1 and not as detailed as Batman ones or convoluted as the Potter ones. I may be wrong, but when you think about the LotR story as a whole, how many battles really are there to make an interesting and in-depth Lego game? I have hope, since I've been waiting for this for years, but I think that this will be one of the simple ones.

• 4 weeks later...
They definitely need to include all 5 movies. It would suck to have to buy and play through a second game "Lego: The Hobbit". They should just include both the Hobbit movies and the trilogy in the same game.

It's been known for weeks now that The Hobbit is going to be three movies, not two...

Source: http://mediadecoder.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/07/30/the-hobbit-will-be-told-in-three-movies-peter-jackson-says-not-two/

The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey - 12/14/12

The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug - 12/13/13

The Hobbit: There and Back Again - 7/18/14

Source: IGN - Hobbit Sequels Get Titles, Release Dates

Why would they include a game of a movie(s) that hasn't even been released yet? You won't see a Lego Hobbit game until at least late 2014 after the third one is released that summer, if they are even going to release one. Look how long it took to make a LotR game; 10 years later.

If it would suck to have to buy a second game, then don't buy it.

Edited by bLaKgRaVy

• 2 weeks later...

Having a massive hub like HP would Great! But i wonder if it will just be a small part of middle earth rather than the whole thing, as even though the hub is massive in both HPs and Batman2, they are nowhere near as big a middle Earth... I mean its takes them three whole movies to travel to Mordor lol

I think it might just be the Shire or something

I actually played Lego LOTR and can tell you that the hub is MASSIVE. We called it Lego Skyrim when we played it. The whole road from Hobbiton to Mount Doom is the path u travel, but along the way there are hidden dungeons, temples that show you the history of Middle-earth and lots of easter eggs. Prepare for some long walks!

I actually played Lego LOTR and can tell you that the hub is MASSIVE. We called it Lego Skyrim when we played it. The whole road from Hobbiton to Mount Doom is the path u travel, but along the way there are hidden dungeons, temples that show you the history of Middle-earth and lots of easter eggs. Prepare for some long walks!

That sounds amazing! I can't wait :Bounce:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

You sir have just made my day! Thank you

How'd you get first dibs on this game? Were you a tester? J/c.